|| RS' Ramayan: Character of the Week #1 || - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing the scene Lola di!

Yep, it's got deleted, I was thinking only what's wrong with the Guru-maata ka lori scene, turns out there's this whole wealth they cut out! ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ

Did he have any individual scenes with Sumitra though?

But yeah that swan bed is awesome! ๐Ÿ˜†

This character has always been a favorite. Unfortunately, it has become a trend nowadays to degrade him to show other characters as superior, and as a result not many people understand his true characterization. 

What I love about RSR is that even while showing his 'weakness' for Ram (though how loving one's son can be a weakness beats me), Dashrath is still portrayed as a strong, fair and just ruler and that's what's so important about him. People misunderstand him because they claim he "remarried to have sons", forgetting the fact that multiple marriages were the norm back then and not the exception. Even as he had multiple wives, he respected them all and valued each of their individual strengths, which was shown well in this show. ๐Ÿ‘

Which loka did Dasharatha go to after his death? Any details of his exploits after his death.

Like we saw him come down and bless Rama and Seeta in Lanka, and we know stories of Nahusha and Yayati in Swarga?

@Janaki - absolutely agree! This portrayal of him highlighted how balanced he was as a character, that there was so much more to him than the emotional upheaval he faced at the end of his life. That's evident in his explanation to Kaikeyi after Vishwamitra takes the boys as well.

@Proteeti - I think Dashrath forgiving Kaikeyi and telling Ram that leave aside swarg, even moksh isn't appealing without him--that's the only known posthumous Dashrath sighting in the texts :)

The next scene that Dashrathโ€™s character really shines in beautifully, in my opinion, is the one when he arrives in Mithila and meets Maharaj Janak for the first time, 13 minutes into this clip. The humility and wholehearted affection that he demonstrates are so awe inspiring... its one of those moments that reminds you why more than being something you can relate to, these characters are supposed to show you what you can you aspire to 

https://youtu.be/PWwl6oTVcUo

Originally posted by MagadhSundari

@Proteeti - I think Dashrath forgiving Kaikeyi and telling Ram that leave aside swarg, even moksh isn't appealing without him--that's the only known posthumous Dashrath sighting in the texts :)

Ooh, thenks! He was one man 100% worthy of all the respect out there!

Yep, the Janak Raja's scene was so serene! Loved it to bits!