Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan

|| RS' Ramayan: Character of the Week #1 ||

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 years ago

Trapped inside our homes,

Time barely passing...

Haha, I'm kidding, Doordarshan hai na! smiley4

But all the same, wouldn't it be nice to just delve back into the magical world of Ramayana once again, to revisit, to look again at this magnificence, and appreciate it more?!

Fasten your seat-belts, here comes the new series,

A new way of looking at things,

More in depth this time...

Every scene, and every word uttered behind the screens,

We present to you, the very first

Yep, you read that right -> Character of the Week!

Just in case you're unsure of what to do, here's what we'll do:

Every week, one supporting character (i.e. excluding Ram, Seeta and Lakshman, or say, Ravana) will be given and we will all take a trip down our memory lanes and discuss, appreciate and scrutinize the overall presentation of the character in the show as well as his/her relevance/appearances in the actual epic.

Rules

Just like every other thread out here there will have to be some rules:

smiley27 Please follow IF COC at all times smiley27

smiley27 Please do not compare the characterization/acting/presentation of the characters with their counterparts from any other version of Ramayana smiley27

smiley27 Please do not discuss in any shape or form the offscreen/personal life of the characters mentioned smiley27

Phew!

Now lets roll over to the actual part of this thread now!

The character for this week would be

*drumrolls*

*more drumrolls*

Maharaj Dasharath

https://i.imgur.com/JsBQPyK.gif

The supreme ruler of Ayodhya, and the father to Sri Rama himself!

Get on rolling guys!

Ideation: MagadhSundari

Produced by: BRC's Mahabharat DT (mnx12, proteeti)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Oh my! My favourite!!!

Thank you for this, Pro <3

Once again, lovely sig there ❤️

Dashrath has been undoubtedly one of my favorites in the whole of RSR. Right from that actor nailing the portrayal to the way he's been shown, it's just heartwarming 

And I didn't expect him to come and bless Ram Sita Lakshman like that after the final yudh and I was SO HAPPY.❤️

wayward thumbnail

The actor was Bal Dhuri, husband of Jayshree Gadkar, i.e. Kaushalya. He was an amazing actor!

I especially loved him in the little Rama scenes, he was soo much in love with the baby! ❤️

Mannmohanaa thumbnail

Ohh they're real husband wife that's so adorable!

I loved him the most in the pre vanvaas phase. That grief and misery was done so so well⭐️

Specially his small interactions with Sita too. He was such a loving father ❤️

wayward thumbnail

He was a very level-headed king, and totally committed to all 3 of his wives. I can't imagine his pain when he realized exactly how his queen managed to trick him out of his life's happiness!

Sutapasima thumbnail

Originally posted by: proteeti

The actor was Bal Dhuri, husband of Jayshree Gadkar, i.e. Kaushalya. He was an amazing actor!

I especially loved him in the little Rama scenes, he was soo much in love with the baby! ❤️

Did you mean Husband n wife in real live we’re husband n wife in reel life too !! amazing family yaar 👏👏

Edited by Sutapasima - 4 years ago
wayward thumbnail

guys do you remember that scene where the whole family was having lunch, and then Lakshman began to tease Rama about how the mothers were all fawning over him!

Then, Dasharath ji tried to tell his queens ke their sons were all grown up now and then Kaushalya gives his the look! 😆

https://i.imgur.com/zVUusZI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IK2mjuU.jpg

It was soo super adorable! ❤️

Mannmohanaa thumbnail

Awww yes!

This reminds me of another scene where these boys were about to leave for gurukul and the last family dinner they had, after which he didn't eat when they were gone 💔

wayward thumbnail

Yep, he's soo much invested in his kids' lives! True best Dad ever!

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Thank you so much for starting this thread, Pro! I love deep dives like these, and what better to do them on than these characters who are literally oceans 

I think the first place where Dashrath’s character really strikes me is a pair of scenes from the Gurukul episode that I believe were deleted in the current DVDs and DD retelecast. One is between him and Kaikeyi where she laments about missing the kids and asks him why he had to be in such a rush to send them off to school, and the next one is with Kaushalya where she consoles him for the guilt he feels after the Kaikeyi conversation. Together, both scenes portray him as a genuinely good partner, listening carefully when each of the queens speaks to him and contemplating on their words (while displaying a very realistic frustration in his body language when he disagrees/feels cornered). There’s so much tenderness and understanding that contradicts any notion of him just being in these relationships for the sake of an heir and not actually caring about them. In case you missed it, here are the scenes (also check out that sweet swan bed lol):

https://youtu.be/SWvNwZ8fZb0

Edited by MagadhSundari - 4 years ago