Finally u started new story i am really hoping u will finish the story😉

Bdw u started storymy poor SidNi😭

As always ur chp is fab 

Looking forward to read more 

Hope we get happy lovely dovely SidNi 

Posted: 3 years ago

Thank you for all the compliments everyone! Yes, I hope I finish it too😳😆

Chapter 2:

I couldn't breathe. I felt as if someone's hands were squeezing my neck, making me indulge in my own fear, I clutched on to the nearby table with my eyes widened. What was happening to me? Was this a panic attack, because of him? He left. He actually left.

Water droplets trickled down my face, as I felt myself burning. I was sweating furiously, uncomfortable in my own clothes. My sobs were getting louder as I couldn't control them anymore. After a few minutes, when I gained back my breathing speed, my stomach started to churn. Was it guilt, was it heartbreak? Both maybe. I knew I had hurt him, but whatever I did. It was for him. I wanted him to be happy.

I didn't want him to spend his entire life, thinking he "could've" fulfilled his dreams but chose not to just because of me. Yes I could've gone with him, but our relationship would go nowhere? Our families would never agree, and on top of that we both wanted different things in life. I couldn't shift my life to London.

It was better this way.

At this stage, it was nearly 5 in the morning, there was no way I would sleep now. My eyes, burned but not from fatigue, but from crying. I lost the love of my life. Never in my dreams would I have thought the guy I met on the first day of university would turn into my biggest inner turmoil at the end of university.

Life knows what it does.

I wonder what he was doing right now. The thought of him crying, especially because of me hurt me more. I sensed this uneasiness inside of me. I would have to move on, he would have to move on. Was that even possible?

I stayed in the room for god knows how long, I sat on the windowsill my head against the thick hard wall, crying for hours. Remembering our moments, it was really the end this time. All that because of some stupid family feud.

At about 7am, I heard a soft voice behind me. "Roshni?".

I turned around unable to control my tears still, "Divya", I sobbed. She rushed over to me engulfing me into a tight hug.

Her hands ran down my back trying to soothe my pain but that didn't make much of a difference.

"He left", my body shook.

"I know sweetie I know let it all out", she knew crying was the best option right now rather than to let it in.

I pulled back repeatedly trying to wipe my tears away, but they kept on running down my cheeks never ending.

Divya eyed my every move before scolding me, "I know you're hurting but, why didn't you stop him Roshni? You know how much he loves you. That man has more love in his heart for you that I've ever seen before. Instead of crying here, don't you think you should be there with him?".

She made a fantastic point. But how could I go back to someone that I had no future with. Family may not be important to him, but it was to me. How was it possible for me to leave my mom for him? The woman who raised me, despite my dad walking out on us. Yes, she was distant, yes she was arrogant but she was my mother.

I swallowed hard, feeling a numbness in my throat. I backed away from her not answering her question. She wouldn't understand, in fact, even I wasn't understanding what I was doing right now. When did my life get so complicated....career..studies..love..family

I somehow managed to drag my feet against the floor, leaving the room.

I approached my dorm room, I had to pack. I had to pack everything and get out of here. Never looking back. Slowly twisting the doorknob I opened the door, where it all started. Where I had first met him. Where I first made eye contact with his beautiful brown eyes.

I went to the mirror, to examine myself. It was obvious to say that my mascara had smudged, my clothes were all ruffled up on me and my hair..well I didn't know what that was. I needed a shower.

Taking out the most random pair of jeans and shirt, I went into the bathroom. Even though they didn't match, it was the least of my worries right now. I undressed myself entering the shower immediately letting the water pour down on me.

That didn't work. I thought maybe that would make me feel better, but it only made me want to cry more. I didn't know the difference between my tears and the shower water anymore. This was a haunting memory. Wow...when did Siddharth become a memory for me?

All of a sudden, I heard a flickering sound outside. The sound of footsteps, "Divya?", I called out.

No answer. Why was my heart beating so fast? I turned the shower head off, to get a better hearing of what was happening outside. But all I heard was a door slam. My cheeks became warm, as I got out of the shower.

I quickly dried myself and got dressed, not in the mood for make up or anything. I needed to calm down, I was still living. I wouldn't shut down my whole life just because of love. But then again, everytime he came into my mind, my heart began to ache.

My hands rolled my hair into the towel, and twisted it so it would be secure enough to stay, I stepped out of the bathroom. I can't believe this was my last day. What a shit one.

I picked up my suitcase, and placed it on the bed.

Wait, what was that? Something caught my eye from the bed. It was...oh my god. It was him. Before I knew it, I was  hyperventilating. I picked up the jacket, and smelled it. God, it smelled exactly like him. I embraced it against my chest and laid my head on top of it. I saw something else too. It was a note.

"I know that you love this jacket, and how safe it makes you feel. I also know I won't be there to protect you, or to hold your hand from now on. But I hope this jacket always stays with you. Do me one last favour. Don't forget to smile everytime you look at it, just so wherever I am, I'll at least feel peace knowing you're happy -Siddharth"

DAMN IT!!! Why did he have the power to do this?  It wasn't fair, how all my emotions were somehow based on him. Every single fiber of my being, begged me to go after him, it was my last chance but I didn't listen, besides he was probably already on his way to the airport right now.

Deciding to distract myself and leave this place as soon as possible, I began to pack all of my clothes. However every single thing I was doing, only reminded me of our memories. My thoughts were continuously swirling around him. I decided to wear his jacket, I did let go of him, but I would never be able to let this go and perhaps he knew that too. His words came into my mind, and I immediately smiled.

"May all your dreams come true", I whispered in a soft tone.

Divya barged in, snapping me out of my trance. She eyed me with sympathy and I hated it, I just wanted every thing to be normal. But of course, that was impossible now.

"You ready?", She voiced.

"Yeah, just gimme a sec", I put on the black jacket, zipped it and tucked in my hair. As always, I felt the heat rushing up my body as the fragrance of minty after shave came into my nose. I beamed with tears in my eyes.

"Oh my god! He left the jacket. That's why he had asked me for the key to our room. He loves you so much", Divya was in awe.

The fact that he still thought of me, before leaving touched my heart too. I broke him, I said things that I would never be able to take back but even then, he stayed considerate towards my feelings.

"Roshni, there's still time you know that right? If you get a taxi right now, you can still catch him before his flight takes off. It's never too late to side with love. I know I sound cringy, but I want you to be happy. And there's no better man than Siddharth"

"I can't, you know that. You think he's the only one hurting right now? You think this isn't affecting me?", I hissed.

"That's not what I meant. Like I said, I just want you to be happy and right now you're not helping yourself. Rememeber something Roshni, there's always a way out especially when it comes to love, ALWAYS.....Come on let's just get out of here", she changed her tone.

Grabbing my suitcase with a firm hold, I set out to leave the room. Admiring the white beige walls for one last time, I couldn't help but think back to my first day. Its been a long four years, that's for sure. The walls were blank again, ripped of it's beauty. It gave me an emptiness feeling, it made me feel... helpless. I wiped one last tear off my face.

"New life, new memories, new people", I forced a smile.

With that, Divya wrapped her arms around my shoulders, and we left with hope that the new chapter in our lives would bring better days.

Two years later: (Third Person POV)

The yellow sun glimmered through the windows of a huge building named 'Patel Designs', emphasizing the aesthetic beauty of the office. There were different coloured clothes around the room, with so many models in them. But in one corner, sat a woman with curled black hair. She wore a tight red dress, with a zip down the middle indicating her curves in all the right places.

One could say she could be a model herself.

As her eyes pierced through all the models, her head remained focused on the designs.

Clenching her teeth, she bit her lip as hard as she could to stop herself from screaming. "This is an atrocity. I gave you people two weeks to put this design into actions, and this is all you came up with?", She questioned harshly.

"But ma'am, these are the designs that you gave us in your book, we just.."

"Did I ask you to speak? Huh? Did I ask you to explain yourself? No right? Then why are you still standing in front of me and talking back to me. Get out of here. And take these models with you", she sassed.

The workers that stood beside the models, shook with fear and ran out of the room. They were frightened of her, she never spoke gently. It was always rough. Perhaps, more than her mother ever was and they thought that was impossible.

The woman massaged her forehead with her two fingertips, in a stressful manner. "Maybe I was too hard on them", she let out.

Taking a sip of her bitter black coffee, she let the heat burn her insides. Even though, she had been doing this for more than a year it was hard for her to control her emotions. She always channelled all the anger inside of her on other people. It was a bad trait. But then again, if she didn't do that, they would never learn to do their work properly.

She tensed her eyes on the files before her, and flicked her pen back and forth. She was unable to focus properly. After a while, her phone rang and she prayed it wasn't some business associate calling her to talk about unnecessary crap.

She closed the files and picked up her phone with a grin. "Heyy Di", she didn't get a chance to finish.

"Roshni you wouldn't believe what just happened! I met this guy right a few days ago rememeber I told you? Today I got...", She spoke so fast Roshni barely understood anything.

"Stop stop. My ears are going to start bleeding, speak slower and put down your tone"

"Okay sorry. So remember the guy I met a few days ago? And I told you I fell in love with him. Love at first sight? Well..."

"Yeah....", Roshni still didn't have a clue where she was going with this.

"Today my mom called me and told me she fixed my marriage with someone. And guess who it is?", She shrieked.

Roshni giggled, "Right right lemme take a wild guess here....the guy you met?"

"YESS!", She screamed in the highest possible voice.

Roshni couldn't stop laughing at her best friend's excitement. She was getting married, wow life really was changing. So much had happened in the past two years, she became the head of her mom's company which was now hers completely.

Her mom retired.

Divya started her modelling career, and partnered up with her. And now she was getting married and that too, to the guy she fancied.

"So when's the wedding?"

"See...that's why I called you. My mom gave me a lecture about how she didn't want to die before seeing me get married, blah blah so tonight's our engagement and then in about a week is our wedding".

"WHAT! TONIGHT?", Roshni stammered.

"Yes yes I know it's too soon. But I don't mind you know. Anyways I haven't seen you in over a month, you better come to my engagement or I'll accept that we're not friends anymore".

Roshni rolled her eyes, "You drama queen"

"So are you coming or not?"

"Of course I am, you know I wouldn't miss it for the world"

"Yay! And yes don't forget to invite aunty too" she hanged up the phone.

Roshni called in her secretary and asked her to cancel all her upcoming meetings just so she can have enough time to make it for Divya's engagement. Divya was right, they hadn't seen each other in more than a month. Earlier, they couldn't even go one week without seeing each other but she has been so busy in work that she was unable to focus on anything else

She opened her curtains further letting the sunshine hit her. Closing her eyes, she took in a deep breath. Was she happy? She had everything she ever wanted, her mom's company, her mom's love, her best friend by her side. She was successful, yet there was something missing. It made her question herself.

Deep inside she knew what it was, she lacked love. But since the day she stepped out of university, she had learnt to come to terms with her defeat. She learnt that nothing could fill up that space.

Many times, her mom tried to persuade her to get married. "Roshni, find a good guy, settle down. Your age is increasing sweetheart. You need someone", how she hated those words. Sometimes she would lash out on her mother, blaming the family feud.

"Maybe I would've been married by now, if that idiotic feud didn't exist", she would often complain but eventually she got tired. She knew one day, she would have to give in to her mother's words and marry someone.

About two hours later: (Roshni's POV)

I reached home just in time to get ready for Divya's engagement. I still couldn't believe that she was getting married.

Divya was childish, but she also had a sense of maturity in her that no one could match. Of course any guy would fall in love with her.

Searching frantically, for a decent outfit I sat on my bed with all the clothes and jewellery laid out. Yes, I was a fashion designer, yet couldn't even choose an outfit. How amazing does that sound. Note the sarcasm.

After a long time of trying to match the jewellery and the outfits, I came to a conclusion that I really needed to go shopping after this for better clothes.

I chose a bright blue lehenga, that suited my skin colour with a diamond jewellery set. Applying my famous winged eyeliner, and minimal eye shadow I was ready. For quite some time, I faced myself in the mirror. There was something different about me. I still hadn't stopped comparing myself to the girl I was two years ago. I looked more...grown up as you would put it.

The blouse covered only my chest, letting my bare skin out. Adorning myself with the high heels, I finally decided to leave the house. I was excited to meet the guy, she was marrying. This is the most happiness I've gotten in a long time.

"Mom are you ready?", I waltzed downstairs.

I saw her figure stranding down the stairs, as always the famous DD Patel wore one of her elegant sari designs. It made her look powerful.

"Let's go", she hooked her hands with mine.

As we arrived, all the influencial people started to greet us and congratulate me for taking the company forward. Great, even in a family function, business didn't end. It frustrated me, I wanted to give up but it was the matter of my mom's reputation.

Faking a smile at everyone, and nodding to what they were saying was exhausting. Divya's parents were quite rich too, and they had their own private company explaining all the famous businessmen and women present here. All I wanted to do, was run over to my best friend and chat about who she was marrying but these people didn't let me.

Keeping a straight face, I glared at their faces. I never liked how egoistic they were, my mom was having a fight with one of them about which one was more successful and whose child was the best. Pathetic.

"Roshni!", Someone twirled me from behind. What the.

My hands made a fist, about to be ready to knock out the idiot who dared touch me like that, but as I turned around I got a huge surprise. "Roshhhhh!"

My lips curled into a sly smile, before turning into anger as I began cursing him.

"First of all, don't call me that I hate it. Its weird.. Second of all...", I began to hit him like a child on his shoulder.

"Ouchhh. What the hell woman", he shouted.

I didn't even care that all the people around us were cringing with our behaviour. I was so enlightened that, after two whole years I met a friend. It brought back so many memories, the fun ones.

"I missed you Karan", I sighed.

"Please don't tell me you're gonna cry. You know I can't handle crying women, they're like screeching cats", he teased.

"Shut up", I pulled him into a hug.

Back in the University days, me and Karan were like siblings. We used to fight like cats and dogs, in fact everyone around us got sick of us at one stage. He knew so much about me, probably on the same level as Divya to be honest.

"How have you been, you egghead?"

He chuckled, "I've been great. You?"

"Me too...so, are you sure you're okay being here?", I got reminded of the fact that he used to be in love with Divya.

"Course I am. I mean, everything between me and her was in the past. When she invited me, I was honestly so happy for her. Anyways leave all that, what about you? You didn't even call me once in the past two years."

I bit my lip hard, knowing this conversation was bound to come up. "I'm sorry. I've just been so busy with handling things"

"Oh come on Roshni. I don't believe that for a second. Too busy for even one phone call?", He raised his eyebrows at me.

I frowned, "I'm sorry"

"Don't look me like that. You girls and your emotional blackmailing expressions."

I snickered, "well did it work?"

"Whatever. I knew things were hard for you. I just expected you to stay in contact that's all. You punished me along with punishing Sid".

I stayed silent for a moment. He caught me off guard saying that, it reminded me of the pain I was trying to withhold inside.

"Shit..Sorry I didn't meant it that way. I just..urgh I'm just stupid. Come on let's go. Divya told me to come get you..she said you looked miserable standing and talking to those people."

I gulped, feeling the void in my stomach travel down to my legs, making me all nervous. I shook my head in attempt to brush off his words. I made it this far, two years down the line without crying over him, I can sure do it again.

Me and Karan rushed over to where Divya was sitting, she was surrounded by all these girls, some of which I recognised to be our old friends, and some relatives. She wore the brightest pink sari, which made her skin glow. Man, she was pretty.

She blushed, as all the relatives teased her and what not. As soon as she saw me, her eyes lit up and she ran embracing me. I hugged her back, the hugs your best friends gives you cannot be compared to anything else.

"Congrats!!"

"Thank you", her cheeks went all red. How cute.

"What took you so long to bring her?", She playfully slapped Karan.

"OWW what is it with you girls and hitting."

"Its not our fault you're weak", I joked.

He stuck out his tongue at me. I rolled my eyes at how childish he was. Him and Divya would've made a great couple but I guess fate had something else planned.

"Where's the poor guy that's going to get his life ruined today?", I squinted to see if I could guess who he was. .

"Ha ha so funny".

"No but seriously where is he?"

"See the English guy in the red sherwani over there?".

I glimpsed in her direction, finally seeing the guy. "Ouhhhh you're marrying an English guy , so does this guy have a name or what"

"Yeah, his name is Bruno"

Bruno was a good looking guy. He had brown curled hair, which suited him, and brown eyes. As he laughed, you could his little silly hand gestures. Yup he would be perfect for her.

"Wait wait. You met this guy once..no wait. You saw this guy once, didn't even talk to him, and immediately fell in love with him?", Karan judged.

"Yes it's called love at first sight", she joined her hands together and stared at him with a dreamy smile.

"You're weird"

And there they go, beginning their usual chatter again. I knew Karan was hurt, but he tried to use humour as a defense mechanism. I hope no one ever has to go through that pain of seeing the person they love with someone else.

Talking of love, someone immediately emerged into my thoughts. My heart fluttered as my eyelids closed, and his picture printed itself into my imagination. I swallowed hard, and felt my mouth getting dry.

"Umm, Karan?"

"Yes Rosh?"

My mouth started to form words, but nothing came out. At first he tensed his eyebrows trying to make out what I was saying, but then his eye form changed as if he grasped what I was trying to ask.

"How is he doing?", I finally urged myself to say.

No answer. Divya anxiously fiddled with her fingers, avoiding eye contact with me. She gandered at Karan who also had a weird expression on his face.

"Why are you both suddenly acting like two dummies?"

When my eyes hit the ground I noticed a dark shadow looming over my figure, but I ignored it. It was probably some random relative.

No reply again. "Come on tell me Karan, I asked you a question. How is he doing?" I demanded to know. My heart was beating so fast as if it would pop out any moment.

And the next thing that occured made me numb to my core.

"I'm perfectly fine", A moderate, but deep voice behind me answered.

Right, so that was more of a filler chapter. Bet you guys didn't expect the two year leap thing..(JR S2 vibes) 😂

Don't forget to like and comment. Until next time....❤️

Edited by Chejumx - 3 years ago

That's an awesome chapter, please do continue soon.

Ohoo unexpected twists 

Awesome as always

Do continue soon

Unite them soon 

Poor SidNi they are suffering alot 

Awesome update

Brilliant writting stuff 

Do continue soon