Nazar

A Second Chance - A Nazar FF (Completed)

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

This is a Nazar fanfiction written by nushy1995 and Nikki_SRK

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nush_Rat thumbnail

A Second Chance

Chapter - 01 

“You smile just like your mother little one!” Ansh was smiling and talking to Dafli. Earlier Naman had informed him that he would be out for a few hours and requested him and Piya to look after Dafli, to which he happily agreed. “Now it’s time to take a nap.” He put down the kid in her cradle and tucked the blanket. Looking at her smiling face, he felt happy. It reminded him of Adi’s childhood and how Piya and he used to play with him all day.

Instantly he felt angry and tightened his fist. He had an ugly fight with Piya that morning and literally slammed the door on her face and stormed out of their house. One would expect supernatural problems to be the reason but it was rather the typical husband-wife fight that got blown out of the proportion. Piya probably had a rough day and when she returned to their room she found Ansh’s wet towel over their bed –something she has forbidden Ansh to do over and over again. And then she started blasting him. Ansh being Ansh, tried to calm her down but after awhile he lost his calm and what started off as a typical argument between spouses got really ugly while they both were counting each other’s mistakes over the years and then both said something which they wouldn’t say in their normal state of mind. “You never realize how you keep messing around because I have been cleaning up your messes since the moment we had met.” This sentence of Piya totally caught Ansh off guard and he told her, “If that’s the case, then I wish I hadn’t met you in the first place.” Saying this he slammed the door on her face and lucky for him, he got a call from Naman and decided to babysit Dafli.

Dafli had fallen asleep but Ansh was restless. It wasn’t mere anger. He was hurt. He acknowledged how Piya had gone through hell for him and he was genuinely repentant for separating Adi from Piya. Not to mention his own loss of missing a significant portion of Pari’s childhood. But still! A person often says the truth hidden in their heart when they are angry or extremely emotional. What if it wasn’t just a typical bad day but Piya actually felt that way about their marriage, that he is the one who keeps screwing up and she is the ultimate savior? 

“You never realize how you keep messing around because I have been cleaning up your messes since the moment we had met.” “If that’s the case, then I wish I hadn’t met you in the first place.” Ansh kept recalling their argument. He was so engrossed in his thought that he didn’t realize a smoke was coming out of Nishant’s office. He breathed that in and fall unconscious while mumbling his last words to Piya - “I wish I hadn’t met you in the first place.”

A few hours later, Naman along with Nishant and Saavi returned. “Just look at him!” Naman was irritated. “I called him to babysit Dafli and he’s the one who’s sleeping.” While Saavi shushed him down as usual, Nishant was worried. Ansh was lying on the floor. There was no traces of any other Kalishakti and after the final war with Mohana, Ansh had become so strong that it was impossible for any supernatural being to harm him. Then how did he fall unconscious. He hurriedly rushed to his office and realized what had happened. “Oh God!” “What happened dad?” “You remember I had been trying to capture the essence from the Kohrayan Talwar to see what it could do?” “Yeah dad but why are you asking?” “The liquid was kept near the spirit lamp and I think a portion of that got evaporated.” “So?” “I think Ansh smelled that and fell unconscious.” “Oh no! What are we gonna do?” Saavi became hyper. “We don’t even know what the liquid can do.” “That’s what I am afraid of Saavi. We don’t know how it can affect him. On a plus side, I don’t think anything major will happen since it was only smoke and I could barely extract the essence. But still,we have to wake him up as soon as possible.”

The Reevavanshis were going through theories and how they could wake Ansh up. However they had no idea that the effect of the liquid was more alarming than they could have imagined. In his sleep, Ansh’s conscious had reached to his past. Fortunately for him, he had his memory intact but unfortunately, his last words hinted towards an alternate scenario. The smoke wasn’t powerful enough to send him back to past completely but it did create an alternate universe as per his own wish and Ansh's conscious got stuck there. He had no idea what trouble he had invited for himself. 

Edited by nushy1995 - 3 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Chapter - 02

Ansh opened his eyes and immediately looked beside him. The bed was empty. He sighed a little. “Piya must have slept somewhere else last night. But wait a second! I was at Nishant papa’s office. When did I come home?” He got up hurriedly and went outside his room. Something felt different to him. He was desperately looking for Piya or Vedeshree when Neha called him out. “Bhai what are you doing? We’re gonna be late for college! Why are you still in your PJs?” Ansh was at a loss. “Bhai?” Neha tried to draw his attention. “Neha! Where are we?” “What sort of question is this bhai? Did Ruby finally succeed in making you drunk last night?” Saying this, she hurriedly looked around to inquire if any of the elders had listened to their conversation. “What!!!” “What what? You sneaked out last night to go on a date with her, right?” Neha became suspicious. “Where is Piya? Where are Adi and Pari?” Ansh almost cried out. “Bhai relax! I don’t know what has happened to you but I think you need to calm down“ Neha lend Ansh some support and took him to his room. Ansh was shuddering. He couldn’t understand what was happening. “What’s the date today Neha?” “It’s 3rd August.” “And the year?” “Okay now you are scaring me bhai. What happened?” “Please Neha! Just say na, which year is it?” “2011” “I gotta go!!!” Before Neha could say something, Ansh rushed out and took out his car.

“What the hell is happening? Is it a dream or what? I was at papa’s office and playing with Dafli and then I can’t remember anything. Is this a nightmare or I am truly in the past? But how is that possible? Only Kohrayan Talwar can send someone to past. We weren’t even in the lab or I didn’t feel someone stabbing me.” Ansh was trying to calm his nerve. He noticed his phone was beeping. He stopped his car aside and checked his phone. “Thanks for last night Sugarlips!!! I am glad that I listened to you and didn’t go to the lantern festival. Can’t wait to see you!    ......  Ruby” The phone almost dropped from Ansh’s hand. He had met Piya for the first time in the lantern festival. It was on 2nd August, 2011. If he didn’t go to the festival itself then where did he go? Why was Neha so shocked when he mentioned Piya's name?

“I wish I hadn’t met you in the first place!” Ansh remembered their fight and felt nauseous. Tears were coming out of his eyes. “This can’t be happening!!! I have gotta find Piya no matter what!” He rushed to their college and was looking for Piya frantically. But to his disappointment, she was nowhere to be found. After a while, he tried to calm down and started analyzing the situation“Kohrayan Talwar can only send someone to past. But it doesn’t have the power to change history. Shalaka had given me the Talwar so that I could save Piya. If she had the ability to change the past as per our convenience, Mohana could have never tampered with the incidents. So either I am having a nightmare or it’s a different dimension altogether.” He tried to recall the incidents before falling unconscious. “There was some sort of smoke. I had smelt it and I was thinking about our fight. Is it possible that this world is a creation of my wish or whatever it was that I was thinking? I had met Piya on the lantern festival which never took place here. I have gone through every corner of this building but Nishant papa’s office is missing. So no way Piya would take admission here. I think I should go to papa’s home instead. May be he could give me some solution.”

Ansh wiped off his tears and got into his car. He was going through all sorts of scenarios in his mind. Lucky for him, Nishat’s apartment was in the same building. With great hope, he rang the bell and a familiar voice caught his attention. “Who is it?” It was Piya’s voice. Ansh heaved a sigh of relief. He didn’t want to know why Piya was there or how the Sharmas’ lives have been changed in this world. All he needed was to see Piya. “It’s me, Ansh! I have come to meet Prof. Nishant.” The door opened after a second which seemed like eternity to Ansh. There was his Piya! Greeting him with a smile on her face. Ansh forgot everything and hugged her tightly. “Thank God I have got you!” “Hey! Who are you and what are you doing?” Piya was shocked. Someone had come there and pushed Ansh aside, “What the hell are you doing with my Piya?” Looking at his face, Ansh got angry and gritted his teeth. “Naman!!!”

Nikita_99503 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

Chapter - 03(A)

"Naman!!!" Ansh gritted his teeth... How dare he address Piya as 'his'!!! He felt his blood boil as Naman slowly wrapped his arm around Piya's shoulder. 

He clenched his fist so tightly that he felt his nails biting his skin but he had to do so just to stop himself from smacking Naman's face. He was blind with rage... So blind that he completely forgot that he was not in his own world but in the past and that too in another dimension... 

Naman directed his attention towards him and again asked the same question... “What the hell are you doing with my Piya?” "My Piya?" Repeated Ansh. "What do you mean?" Naman was about to say something but Piya spoke up first. "Who are you? And what are you doing here?" "Ansh..." was all that he could say. "Ansh... Who?" 

Ansh was shocked... "You don't know me? I... I... I am Ansh...Your...your husband...your... your..." He was unable to speak due to sudden urge for crying. "Husband?? What nonsense!!!" Piya lashed out at him. "I have never ever seen you, never met you and here you are standing in front of me saying that you are my husband??"

"Piya... What are you..." He tried to touch her shoulder but she jerked his hands away as if his touch was burning her. Naman had had enough... "Hey you!! How dare you call yourself the husband of my fiance?" 

Fiance... This word dropped as a bombshell on Ansh. Piya was Naman's fiance? What was happening there?? His words came back to haunt him... “I wish I hadn’t met you in the first place!!!”  And this had happened... He did NOT meet Piya at the lantern festival. 

It took him less than a moment to realize... The year 2011, Neha shocked on hearing Piya's name, him not going to the lantern festival, Nishant's office disappearing and now, Piya and Naman engaged... His wish or to be more exact, his death-wish of never meeting Piya was fulfilled!! People often say: "Be careful what you wish for, it might just come true!"This was exactly what had happened with him... He was mentally cursing himself. Why...why...why??? Why did he have to wish for this one thing? And why did only this wish have to be fulfilled??

His train of thoughts was broken with the sensation of being shaken. He opened his eyes to see Piya shaking him... "What a Ghanghor Ajeeb Praani you are!! Here we are asking you so many questions and are shouting at you and you are lost in an entirely different world of your own!!"

The words 'Ghanghor Ajeeb Praani' brought a slight smile on his lips... Seeing him smiling, Piya was all the more annoyed. She was surenthat this guy has something wrong with his head. "Are you crazy? Or are you possibly a runaway from some asylum?" She asked. 

She was about to say something else when her eyes caught the sight of a young girl, around her age rushing up to them. She seemed to be following that guy... Ansh. She came to them and spoke in a breathless voice... "Hi, I am Neha Rathod and he is my elder brother, Ansh Rathod... I.. I am extremely sorry for all this... Actually, you can see my brother is not in the correct state of mind... He was unwell and I guess it is due to the medicines that he is imagining all this stuff..." She lied unblushingly. "I don't know how he came to know about you all and made his own story... I am really very sorry..." 

With slight difficulty, Neha dragged Ansh along with her leaving a confused duo of Naman and Piya behind, staring at their retreating backs. Once outside, she began speaking... "What's wrong with you Bhai? Since morning you are behaving weirdly... How do you know these people? What were you doing here?" "I... I don't know..." was all that he could manage to say. 

Neha was about to say something else when a car screeched to a halt beside them. A girl got out of it. No!!! THE GIRL whom Ansh never wanted to see again in his life. Ruby!!! She walked towards him and gave him a tight hug... "Hey Sugarlips!! How are you? And what are you doing here?" "R... Ruby? How did you know that I was here?" "Well, I came to meet you at your house but I saw you rushing out of your house and Neha following you. So, I too followed you both here..." After pausing for a few seconds, she said "You look unwell... Are you all right?" Before Ansh could reply, Neha came towards them... She looked frustrated. "What did you do to my brother last night? Did you get him drunk by any chance?" She paused and another horrifying thought crossed her mind. "Or did you administer some narcotic to him without his knowledge?" "What the hell!!!" Ruby almost shouted. "What do you take me for? A drug addict??" 

Before she could say anything further, both the girls saw Ansh walking in a dazed state. They rushed upto him. "Bhai..." Ansh cut her mid-sentence and said, "I want to be alone for some time... So, please go home. I'll come back soon."

Ansh went to the park situated behind Nishant's apartment which he and Piya used to frequent. He walked upto a quiet corner and slumped on the bench. He wanted to cry his heart out. "Why did I say those words in anger??" Were the first words which escaped his mouth. Tears were flowing down his eyes and he made no attempt to wipe them.  He did not know how long he sat there in the same position, silently crying and cursing himself... When suddenly, he heard a voice.

"Hey Wishy Boy!! What are you doing here?" He turned his head only to see... Himself? "Who are you?" He asked... "Oh come on!!! Don't you recognize yourself? I am you, your conscience... Your alter-ego... Or in the words of those daily soaps... Your Antaratma!!!" "Why did you come here?" 

Ansh was exasperated. As if this problem was not enough to drive him crazy, his alter-ego also made his appearance. "Just came here to congratulate you." "Congratulate me? For what? For my world being turned upside down?" "Come on dude!! I came here to congratulate you on your wish being fulfilled." Ansh's eyes teared up again on being reminded of his wish... 

"I must say... You must be having a special connection with God Himself or you must be his most loved child. Your wish got fulfilled within hours of your asking for it!!" He paused to take a breath and continued "Else, when one asks for a wish, it is first registered in the 'Wish List' and then is fulfilled within a few days, weeks, months or if God is busy, then it's never fulfilled!!" 

Ansh gave a dry laugh. "Most loved... More likely most hated child. Cos if I would have been his most loved child then he would never have turned my world upside down." "Anyways, how are you feeling now? Your wish is fulfilled... You did not meet Piya. She doesn't know you. So,go rejoice!!" He said. "Your darling Ruby must be waiting for you." 

"Why are you rubbing salt on my wounds? Just leave!!" 

"Okay... Okay... I'll leave. Just tell me one thing. What will you tell your sister when you go home? What was the reason for your weird behavior?" 

"What would I tell?" Ansh mumbled. "I would tell her the truth of Piya being my wife and I being transported here, in this dimension..." "And have your family send you to some asylum?" Ansh bent his head... "Alright... Looks like you are really keen on going to an asylum." He said. "Although, I know what exactly is wrong with you. You are suffering either from 'Wisheria' caused due to the early fulfilling of wrong wishes or 'Namanitis' caused by seeing a guy named Naman with your other-world wife or maybe you are suffering from an allergy to a particular NRI girl who is so extra sweet with you that you might soon get diabetes. Or maybe you are suffering from all of these?" "Just shut up!!" Ansh shouted at him in anger. "And just tell me if you have any way to get me out of here and back to my own world?" "Well well well!!! I don't have any way to help you... But I can suggest something." "What?" Ansh asked. "Just pray to God that your other-world sasurji finds out some way to help you. Till then, adios amigo!!" Saying this he disappeared... And Ansh sat there, praying to God that Nishant might find some solution to this problem.

Edited by Nikki_srk - 3 years ago

Nikita_99503 thumbnail

Chapter - 3(B)

Meanwhile, in the present time, Saavi had informed Piya about the mishap with Ansh and she had reached there. Saavi told her the entire incident... "...we found Jiju lying on the floor near Dafli's cradle, unconscious. And he has been like this only since then." They went inside the room where Ansh was lying on a bed. Piya turned towards Nishant... "What do you think happened to him, Baba?" "I can't say exactly..." Nishant told her. "Initially, I thought that he has probably fainted due to inhaling the smoke of the Kohrayan essence. But now, it seems as if the essence has put him in a deep sleep." "So, is there no way to wake him up?" "I don't know Gudiya..." Nishant sighed. "I was experimenting with it for the first time, trying to find out what is its composition, what extra powers does it have and what else can it do... But, before I could complete my experiments, this accident happened." "So, what are we going to do now Dad?" "Well, first of all..." Before he could say anything further, Nishant and Saavi were startled by a low cry which escaped Piya's mouth. They turned around...

"What happened Gudiya?" Piya was staring at Ansh's face... "I just saw some movement in Ansh's eyes..." She was still staring at Ansh's face. "See, his eyes are moving rapidly in different directions. It seems as if he is in a deep sleep, as if..." "As if he is having a;dream." Nishant completed her statement. "What are you trying to say Dad?" "The Kohrayan essence instead of sending Ansh to the past has put him in a deep sleep. And according to the stages of the sleep cycle, you can clearly see that he is in the Rapid Eye Movements stage. And this is the stage where people usually have dreams." It took Saavi a few seconds to process the entire information. "So, you are trying to say that this Kohrayan essence is showing Jiju some kind of a dream?" "I think so..." Nishant paused for a few seconds and then said. "Yes, he is definitely having some dream... And most probably, his subconscious mind is trapped in that dream." "So, what do we do now, Dad?" "I think we should find some way to bring him out of his dream and wake him up... I guess we have to make an antidote which could neutralize the effect of that essence." "But Baba, for that we first need to know what that Kohrayan essence contains..."

"Yes, I know that. Fortunately, the entire essence didn't evaporate and we still have some essence left to conduct our experiments and make an antidote. Let's go. We don't have a moment to lose..."

And they went inside Nishant's laboratory and began their experiments with the essence. After some time, they had finally figured out everything and had prepared the antidote.  They sprayed it all around Ansh so that he could inhale it. Now, all they could do was to wait for Ansh to wake up...

Meanwhile in The Dream World - - - - -

Ansh was still sitting on that bench, thinking what to do next... He finally got up to leave when suddenly, his hand grazed against a broken branch of a tree causing a small cut. He again sat down on the bench and swiped his hand over that cut in order to heal it... But, nothing happened!! His cut did not heal on its own like always... "What's wrong with me? Why isn't my wound healing?" He was sitting there lost in thoughts when he heard a voice... "Hey, what's up?" Ansh almost groaned as his recent unwanted companion made his appearance again... "You!! What are you doing here again?" "Why are you getting angry? I thought you might be bored... So, came here to give you some company." He noticed that something was off with Ansh. "What's the matter with you?" "Just a slight cut on my hand and I..." "So, just go and put a band aid on it." He replied. "Don't you know the basic first-aid?" "I know that..." Ansh practically hissed. "It's just that my wound is not healing on its own like always. And I don't know why." "Because you are a dumbo!!" Ansh turned his head towards him... "What do you mean?" "Wait a minute." His alter-ego was looking around as if trying to find someone or something... He finally found what he was looking for and turned towards Ansh"See that shop?" He pointed in the direction of some shop. "Just go there and buy a jar of Mentos." Ansh was really irritated... "Now what does your Mentos have to do with my injury not healing?" "Ever heard of that tagline: 'Mentos khao dimag ki batti jalao'? You need it right now for your brain to function properly." "What are you trying to say?" "Okay fine... Do as I tell you. Take out your cellphone, open the front camera and try to heal your cut while looking at your face." Ansh did as he was told. "My eyes are not glowing!! But why?" "Because you are not a Davansh here..." "I am not a Davansh??" "No, you are not a Davansh; Piya is not a Daivik; your mother is not an Ekayan; your other world sasurji isnot a Reevavanshi and your this world girlfriend cum other world ex-wife is not a Daayan." He paused to take a breath. "In short, you all are normal humans here. Your life is free from all the problems and you don't need a Daivik to help you, just like you wanted." "If this is the case then how will I convince Piya about everything?" "As if she will actually believe whatever you will say..." his alter-ego said. "Did you forget the stunt you pulled off at her house?" Ansh bent his head remembering the scene. "By now, she must be convinced that you are probably off your head." He went silent for a few minutes thinking about something. "Oh and by the way, what is the need to go after her? She is no longer a part of your life just like you wanted." Ansh was irritated... "What is the need to put 'just like you wanted' after almost every statement?" "Because it is all happening in accordance with your wish..." "It was NOT my wish..." Ansh almost shouted. "I just said all that in anger." "Whatever... It is not my concern." "I wish instead of irritating me you could tell me what to do.""Just wait and pray for some miracle to happen." He looked atAnsh. "Or be ready to get married to your darling girlfriend Ruby." He suddenly remembered something... "By the way, how are you going to face your family at home?" Ansh flung his hands in air in despair... "I don't know..." "So, you sit here and think..." He waved at Ansh. "See you later... Adios amigo!!" Saying this, his alter-ego disappeared once again leaving Ansh behind. Ansh closed his eyes, trying to think how he would face his family once he goes home... 

Nikita_99503 thumbnail

Chapter - 4

Ansh finally opened his eyes slowly... He was in a room, on a bed... "Wait!!! I was sitting on a bench in that park... How can I come here?" This was the first thought that came to his mind. He looked around himself and saw a frame with Piya's photo in one corner of the room... So, he was at Nishant's house. But how? How did he reach Nishant's house from that park?? He had just closed his eyes while sitting...  "Maybe I fell asleep there and they carried me here?" No one was there inside the room so he come outside in the living room closing the door behind him. There Piya was sitting on a couch, reading a book and occasionally glancing at the clock on the wall.  On hearing the door close she looked up. Seeing Ansh coming out of the room, she left her book and stood up. In a few steps, she was standing beside him.

"Ansh... Are you okay? When did you wake up? Why didn't you call out for me??" Ansh was staring at Piya as if she was a ghost... He looked around and saw a bow and arrow kept on the side table and the Daayan Rahasya resting on another table as usual... Now, he was smiling in his tears. "You...you recognised me?" "Well, I see no point in doing that unless I am suffering from amnesia which I am surely not!!" Ansh was literally overflowing with happiness... He suddenly enveloped Piya in his arms leaving her totally shocked. "You know me...you recognised me... Everything is fine... Everything is back to normal... I am Ansh your husband and you, Piya, my wife..." Piya was looking at him in total confusion... "If you are done with stating the obvious then can we inform Baba and leave for our home?" Ansh looked around him once again unable to believe that everything was finally back to normal... "What had happened in the morning?" "I was with Dafli and had put her to sleep... There was some smoke and... I don'tremember what happened after that." "That smoke was of the Kohrayan essence. Baba had taken out the essence of the Kohrayan Katar but it had evaporated and you inhaled it." Piya told him everything. "You were unconscious due to that and have woken up just now." “So I was here only from that incident in the morning till now?” “Yes." “And everything is same as before...” “What..?” “Nothing..." and he passed her a nervous smile. "Ansh... Are you alright?" "Yeah... perfectly fine." But Piya was sure that there was something wrong with him... "Are you sure?" "Yes." "Well... Okay then. Let's go home." "Wait a minute... I want to meet Naman first." Piya was confused... Ansh had never tried to talk to Naman directly before unless they had to talk about something important. He walked into Naman's room where he was sitting with Dafli. "Naman..." Ansh called out to him and Naman turned around, "Ansh... Are you okay?" He turned to Piya. "Thank God that antidote worked." "Yeah... Thankfully that antidote worked and he is fine now. We were just leaving for home but he wanted to talk to you." Even Naman was surprised at this... He looked at Ansh. "Yes... What is the matter?" To his surprise Ansh poked a finger at Naman's arm. "So you are real... And you recognize me?" Naman was confused. "What...?" "I mean you know me as Ansh and Piya as my wife?" Piya could see a confused expression on Naman's face... Piya came up to them... "I am sorry... Surely this is due to the effect of that Kohrayan essence... I think he has still not fully recovered..." She glared at Ansh... "I can understand..." "We are leaving right now. Baba and Saavi are not at home. Could you inform them that we have already left when they return?" Naman nodded his head in a yes... Piya dragged Ansh along with her outside and took him to their car. She asked him to sit in the passenger seat. 

"Do you really think I will let you drive after the scene you created upstairs? What if just like everything else you start asking me the way home in the middle of the road?" She snapped at him after seeing his brows raised in a question. Ansh sat quietly in the passenger seat. Various things were going on in his mind. "So that was all a dream... Nothing was real... I am here... Piya is here... Everything is the same as before..." He sighed... And again a big smile appeared on his face… Piya was watching him closely... She noticed how his expressions were changing every moment with every single thought running in his mind… Soon they reached home... Piya pressed the lift button and they were waiting for it to descend... Ansh who was getting impatient as he wanted to talk to Neha as soon as possible, rushed up the stairs leaving Piya behind to wait for the lift. Piya looked at his retreating back with a frown on her face... When she reached the hall, Ansh was already there calling out to Neha. She descended the stairs and came to stand in frontof him. "What is it Bhai?" "Neha... What is the date today?" "19th of July..." she replied, totally confused. "And the year?" "What?? What's wrong with you Bhai?" "Just tell me naa..." "2020" Relief washed over him on hearing these words.  There was just one more thing... He pulled Piya forward. "Do you recognize her?" "Are you serious Bhai?? Why won't I recognise mybhabhi?" By now, Neha was sure that something was definitely wrong with her brother. Ansh turned towards Piya with a huge grin plastered over his face. But instead of smiling back at him, Piya glared at him in anger and left the hall. Ansh followed her to their room... "Piya..." He called out to her. Piya spun around on her heels and stood there glaring athim. "What?" "Piya... I just..."

"Look here Ansh... I agree that I gave you the nickname 'Ghanghor Ajeeb Praani' but this does not mean that you have to live up to your name every second day!!" "Wh...where are you going?" He caught Piya's hand as she tried to leave the room.

"I am going to the kids' room. I have had enough for the day and I am in no mood to handle any more nonsense." Ansh bent his head unable to think of any reply. He caught her arm once again as she reached the threshold... "Just say it once again... You are my wife, right?" "No... Shahrukh Khan's!!" Saying this, she left the room banging the door shut. "Yes... Everything is fine now. That was all a dream. Nothing was real... But was it actually a dream? It all felt so real..." He thought to himself. "Never mind... Let it be a dream only...a very very bad dream. Till none of it turns out to be true, I am fine with it..." He decided to keep all this a secret. He won't tell anyone about it because anyone who hears this will surely doubt his sanity... This was his secret and it will forever remain so!!

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Chapter - 05

Even though Piya had literally shut the door on his face, Ansh was ecstatic to say the least. “Piya hasn’t forgotten me and the kids are here.” Suddenly he felt an urge to hug his kids at that very moment. He opened the door and rushed towards their room. Piya was helping the kids with their homework and as usual the kids were trying all sorts of tricks to do anything other than study. The sound of their giggle and Piya’s fake scolding sounded like music to Ansh’s ears. He walked to them straight and took both of his kids in his lap.  

Piya was surprised with Ansh’s gesture. Ever since he had woken up, he had been continuously asking her whether she could recognize him or not. Considering all the horrible thought that had occupied her mind since the moment she got to know that Ansh might be in another dimension, this question was rather assuring that Ansh hadn’t gone through something horrible. Or at least, that’s what she had assumed when they were at Nishant’s apartment. But with each passing moment the way Ansh was stressing on whether she could recognize him or not and now the latest kid hugging session – Piya wasn’t sure how to react.

“Papa please! You are hugging us too tight!” Pari’s words brought Ansh to his senses. “Sorry kids! I really missed you.” Ansh had an apologetic smile. “But we were here all the time. Then why are you behaving as if we got lost?” Adi was confused. Piya noticed the change in Ansh's expression and meddled in, “It’s nothing dear! Papa was busy and you know how we lose the sense of time when we are too engrossed in something. Right Ansh?” “Yeah right!” Ansh felt it would be better if Piya handled the kids. “So don’t worry! Papa will be fine. But that doesn’t mean I am gonna let you two use this as an excuse and roam free. Back to study!” The kids groaned and Piya took them to their seats while giving Ansh a nod,reassuring everything was okay.

Ansh returned to their room and heaved a sigh of relief. He almost blew it but Piya as usual took care of it. Suddenly a grey envelope caught his attention. It had Piya’s name written on it and he was a bit curious. But he buried his curiosity as he knew if it were important, Piya would inform him about it. He decided to take a shower and opened his cupboard when he saw the reflection of their family portrait in the mirror – him and Piya with their kids. He was as usual a bit reserved, even in the photo but Piya had no inhibition. It was as if he could hear the sound of her laughter through the reflection. He gently touched her reflection and thought to himself, “You were right! I am indeed a Ghanghor Ajeeb Praani that I took one argument to heart and ended up in my DREAM WORLD! Argument is fine! But I don’t ever want to live a life that doesn’t include you! I love you Piya!!!” He didn’t realize when Piya had entered into their room and caught him romancing with the mirror. “Ansh!!!”  Ansh came back to his sense and noticing the MY HUSBAND HAS LOST IT!!! look on Piya’s face, hurriedly left to take his shower.

Piya stood confused in the middle of the room. By now she was fully convinced that Ansh had a horrible experience wherever he was. She noticed the envelope on the bed and realized Ansh might have seen it. Suddenly she felt exhausted. She sat on their bed and started thinking about the day. She had crossed her line and was well aware of it. Ansh hadn’t really done anything major that she had to react like that. But she did it anyway! All because of the sudden arrival of the envelope. The moment Ansh had left the house, she realized what she had told him. “You never realize how you keep messing around because I have been cleaning up your messes since the moment we had met!!!” Piya closed her eyes in frustration. Why the hell did she utter those awful words when she didn’t mean it! And Ansh’s reply just added to the nightmare. “If that’s the case, then I wish I hadn’t met you in the first place!!!”

Piya looked at the photo frame. It was everything she had ever dreamed of – her own family. No matter how hard she tried to deny it, her fear of abandonment never left her. They had overcome so many adversities together still she couldn’t let go off the memory when she was begging Ansh to believe her and he threw her out. She was at fault too. She believed a piece of paper over Ansh. Her Ansh who had taken every sorrow upon himself to protect her; the one person who had shown unflinching trust upon her. Yes, even he was human and he made a mistake. But that one mistake changed everything. She developed a phobia regarding everything good happening around her. Slight mismanagement would tick her off and today was no different.What astonished her more was her own words. Did she really develop some sort of superiority complex just because she was a Daivik? She knew the way she couldn’t completely overcome her abandonment issue, despite everything and every good he had ever done, Ansh could never fully accept his Davaansh side because of the baggage it brought along with the power. Then how on earth she could say that to him!!! Would Ansh really be better off without her? Considering he would turn completely evil, he might finally get saved from the constant battle of choosing the right path over his own inherent nature. But what about her? Would she really be happy without the struggle? Would she make peace with her loneliness and lead her life like that? Which path is better? Leading a lonely, loveless life with no fear of heartache or facing a life full of adventure with the love of her life but also living in a constant fear that he might be better off without he but she would die if another incident separates them?

“Piya! What’s the matter?” Ansh was surprised when he found Piya crying. “Nothing.” She tried to smile but it only made her exhaustion evident. “What’s the matter love? Why were you crying?” Ansh sat beside her and gently stroked her back. “I was?” Piya got startled. It’s only then when she realized tears were rolling down her cheeks. She tried to wipe off her tears and looked at Ansh. Those eyes! The love and care was so evident! Then why was she still trapped in her own insecurity! Why couldn’t she just break free? “I am sorry for this morning, Ansh! I truly am! I didn’t really mean anything.” “It’s okay Piya! And I am sorry too. I shouldn’t have taken you for granted. It’s just, I am so accustomed to you being around and taking care of everything that sometimes I forget how lucky I am and how I should acknowledge it more.” There was something in Ansh’s voice that startled Piya. “What exactly had happened to you Ansh?” “What do you mean?” Ansh tried to avoid the topic. “When we had sprinkled the antidote on you, I noticed you were restless in your sleep; as if you were in pain and trying to come out of it desperately but you couldn’t. Where were you exactly and what’s with the repeated need of confirmation that could I recognize you or not?” Ansh couldn’t understand what to say. Knowing Piya, he was well aware that if he had lied, she would have definitely caught him. But he also felt guilty to tell her about the incident. What would she think about him? Already Piya had issue with him for running off from a situation since he tried to distance himself from the family after Angad’s death. If she got to know about his trip to DREAM WORLD which was no less than a PRISON WORLD she would be devastated. He couldn’t do that do her! “Leave it na Piya! What matters is that we are together.” He hugged Piya to avoid her eyes. “You do realize that I can tell from your touch that something is wrong with you,right?” “Wait, what?” “The way you are clinging on to me right now – I can tell that something is bothering you and last time you held me like this when Angad died.” Ansh let go off Piya and looked at her with disbelief. She wasn’t bluffing. She could indeed decode each of his action. So it was better to confess everything before her and face the consequence sooner than later. “Actually Piya........” He told her everything that had happened in the alternate reality.

After he had finished telling about his experience, Ansh looked at Piya with much hesitation. He was expecting Piya to either take his class or to laugh her lungs out. To his astonishment, Piya did neither of those things. She just sighed a little and the blank look of hers prevailed. At this point, Ansh was rather worried for her than himself. He drew her closer to him and asked in a soft tone. “What’s the matter Piya? I may not be as pro as you but I can understand when you are upset. I know I made a blunder and thank God that it was reversible. But the best thing about it is that I got to retrospect; I got to realize how I have been taking you for granted and I am gonna mend my ways. But why are you so sad? What is it that’s bothering you?” “I am just tired Ansh!” The tone of Piya’s voice sent a chill down Ansh’s spine. He was about to say something but Piya closed her eyes and rested her head on Ansh’s shoulder. “It’s so easy in fairy tales! We know that good will win over evil and everyone will be living happily ever after. But in real life, it’s never enough.” Piya continued sobbing. “I have never really gotten over my fear that ultimately everyone would leave me. It’s just whenever something happens,the image of my own childhood flashes before my eyes and I feel numb; it’s like I can’t breathe or move.” Suddenly Ansh felt like someone had ripped his heart out seeing Piya like that. “You have always been there for me; you and Guruma. But despite everything we have been through together, somewhere deep down, I still have this fear that if something terrible happens then you’ll leave me. You’ll either throw me out of your life or you’ll distance yourself but I’ll end up being alone. And that feeling Ansh, that fear of separation and abandonment – I just can’t think or react beyond that. I try! Every day I try to smile, to enjoy our family moments but the happier I become, the restlessness becomes even more intense.” Piya paused for a few seconds. “I got accepted at the university for my higher studies. But.......” “But what?” “I also got an additional offer that the professor under whom I wanted to study, he is joining another university in Bangalore and he is quite impressed with my resume. He offered me to join as a TA.” Ansh couldn’t believe his ears. This was a terrific news. But the way Piya was talking, it seemed like she just received someone’s death news.

“I wasn’t prepared for it obviously and I was flexed and then I came to the room and lashed out at you without any reason.” Piya covered her face in frustration. “I don’t know what came over me and I just used you as a punching bag and said some really harsh things. It’s like I am losing control over everything.” It took her a while to get control over herself. “The smallest inconvenience drives me off the edge these days and if this is our condition together, I don’t know how are we gonna make this work in long distance.”  Ansh was sad listening to her words. How he wished he could have assured her that she was worrying for nothing but deep down, he knew he was majorly responsible for Piya’s outburst. With his constant flipping and everything, he never made it easy for Piya. If her parents were the reason behind her fear of losing everything, he too contributed to it and more importantly, at the time when she needed him the most. But he was convinced of another thing too. No matter how difficult their situation was,they belonged with each other and only they could help themselves.

“I get from where you are coming from Piya!” Ansh took a deep breath and continued, “It’s not just you, even I am terrified of every little change because of everything we have gone through. And I am not gonna deny, I have left you alone on several occasion. Sometimes owing to misunderstanding and sometimes in a bid to protect you. But I left you alone.” Piya noticed the guilt in his voice and tried to cheer him up. “That you do. Today you broke your previous record also - ran off to an alternate dimension to avoid fighting.” Piya started laughing and Ansh too, joined her, “Jokes apart Piya! It’s not healthy. We are amazing as a team when we are fighting and we both have been each other’s shield but we have issues too! Real issues! And we need to work on that. Even now you are trying to cheer me up. That has always been the case. You neglect yourself and I often forget that I need to take care of you in a better way. In the same way, I have a tendency to run away. As you have pointed out, today I sought refuge in an alternate dimension. But it needs to stop.”

“What are you suggesting?” Piya was confused. “Let’s start by taking small steps. Clearly, we have a lot of issues and it's marital not supernatural. So we should consult a marriage counselor. It could really help us to overcome our issues. But first things first! You just received an amazing offer and tonight we are gonna celebrate it. Get ready!” “But Ansh!” “No buts Piya! Get up and get ready!” “Just think about it Ansh. I applied for it because it was in Mumbai and I would be able to look after our kids. But if I take this offer, either they’ll have to accompany me or I’ll have to live without you and the kids which I am not gonna do anyway.” “Stop behaving like a child Piya!” Ansh made Piya face him. “Would you stop me from going on a business trip that would ultimately help our business expand? No right? So why would you compromise your career? Let’s face it, we got married way too early. If it weren't for the Rahu Mahadasha of my Kundli, we wouldn’t get married so early. We are still young and have so much to explore and you got an amazing offer to work and study under a brilliant professor. So you should take it.” Piya was still hesistent. 

“We have two beautiful kids Piya and we should inspire them through our works. We could 
make change look like a normal thing and hopefully they wouldn’t struggle as much as we did because we’ll be there to look after them.We’ll make it work. Because chasing dreams is necessary too! I think the only reason we were always stressed out because most of our lives we had done what was expected out of us and not what we wanted to. So let’s start by changing that.” Ansh smiled at Piya to reassure her. 

“Think this through Ansh!” Piya smirked. “If this time you try to bail on me, I’ll drag your sorry ass and you won’t have Kohrayan Taral to escape to another dimension.”  “I am not worried about that madam!!!” Ansh put his arms around Piya’s shoulder. “Anything is okay as long as we both are together. Although you are the one who should be saying this.” “And why is that?” “Because, in an alternate universe Ruby might be cute but Naman was creepier than ever. You’ve gotta be mine if you want to get saved.” “Ansh!!!” Piya threw a pillow at him and Ansh started running around the room. His mission was accomplished! Finally he could bring a smile to her face. Amidst all the chaos, he was thankful to God for showing him the right way, to give him and Piya a second chance so that they could start everything all over again with more love and understanding between them. 

Nikita_99503 thumbnail

Chapter - 06

Finally, their running around the room ended and they both sat down. Piya got up and was about to leave when Ansh stopped her... "Where are you going now?" "To check on the kids." Piya replied. "They must have stopped doing their homework and must be fooling around. I need to check on them. You take some rest."Ummm Piya..." Piya stopped and turned around. "I am hungry..." he said, looking at her sheepishly. "Well, you would be. After all, you have been sleeping since morning." She said, giggling. "Just wait for a few minutes. I'll bring you something to eat." Saying this, she left the room and returned after sometime with a tray of food. Then she left him with it and went to check on the kids. Ansh sat on the bed more comfortably, resting his back on the headboard. Putting the tray of food in front of him, he picked up the knife and fork and was about to begin eating when... "Hello Mr. Rathod..." He turned his head on hearing a familiar voice. His alter-ego was sitting next to him with a huge grin plastered on his face. "Oh it's you... I was actually wondering why didn't you appear till now..." His alter-ego raised one eyebrow and then said, "From which direction did the Sun rise today?" "Huh?" Ansh was confused. "Well, I have come to meet you for the third time and this is the first time that you are greeting me so normally without getting annoyed. So, it's a miracle indeed!!" And that was indeed true. For the first time, Ansh was not annoyed at his sudden appearance. In fact, he was actually smiling at him... "Ah wait... Let me guess. You are flashing your 32 teeth because you are back to your own world??" "Of course!! Why else would I be so happy?" Ansh said. "Everything is fine now... That was all a dream. Nothing was real. I am so happy that everything is normal." His smile got wider and tears brimmed in his eyes remembering the conversation he had with Piya not long ago. "Hey you!! Why are you crying now? Were you some Nirupa Roy fan in your previous birth or what? Shedding tears all the time..." "I am not crying... They are just the tears of happiness." "Seriously... Tears of happiness? I thought people smile and laugh when they are happy. Till date, I never understood why they cry when they are happy." He paused for a few moments and then again continued... "Remember that nursery rhyme: 'If you are happy and you know it, clap your hands'?" He got up from the bed. "In your case it should have been: 'If you are happy and you know it, shed some tears'." He started singing...

"If you are happy and you know it, shed some tears"

"If you are happy and you know it, shed some tears"

If you are happy and you know it and you really want to show it, shed some tears."

He came and sat beside Ansh... "What an amazing voice do you have!!" Said Ansh. "Listening to you is like hearing fingernails on a chalkboard." "Oh thank you so much..." Said his alter-ego cheerfully. "I was not complimenting you." "No problem... I'll still take it as a compliment." "Anyways... Why did you come here again?" "Well, first of all, I came to congratulate you that everything is back to normal. And second..." "Second?" "Well, I heard you telling Piya that Naman was an even bigger creep in the other world..." Before he could complete his sentence, Ansh spoke up,"Well,I just said that to bring a smile on Piya's face." "Well... Well... I don't care about that. Whether you said it as a joke or not is none of my business." He shrugged his shoulders. "But your words definitely made me think." "And what did you think??" Asked Ansh, irritated. "Well, you just said that Naman was an even bigger creep. But do you have any idea how your family or your ex-wife Ruby are in the other dimension?" "Means?" "Means... Here, you have the most loving and caring mother in the world. But what about the other dimension? What if she would have been a total vamp-ish step mother? Like Lalita Pawar from those 70's and 80's movies? You did not come across her, right? So, you can't say for sure that she would have been exactly how she is here, right?" Ansh stared at him... "Ah that reminded me of your narakwasi ex-sasurji... Since everyone was a normal human in that dimension, then he also should have been a human. No?" "So... What?" "So... Since he was a demon king here, he could be a similar person there too? What if he were some underworld don or mafia?" Ansh kept on staring at him, not speaking a word... "Now tell me, who would be needing help? You or Piya??"

By now, Ansh was totally annoyed... "So, this is the second reason why you came here... To annoy me!!" "Of course sweety!!" He said in a sweet voice. "Why else would I come here? I can't sleep without having a chat with you... You know?" He replied with a wink. Ansh was staring at him with a frown on his face while cutting his food with the knife. His alter-ego's face suddenly broke into a smile... "What??" Ansh asked his alter-ego when the latter didn't stop smiling for some time. "Unique taste buds..." He replied sarcastically. Ansh looked down and saw that he had spilled the ketchup on the napkin and was trying to cut it with his knife. "Do tell me how it tastes..." Were the last words which he said before disappearing again. Ansh turned around and not finding his alter-ego there, resumed his food in silence. Finally, he lay down on the bed and closed his eyes, waiting for Piya to come back so that they could break the news to their families and celebrate it together... 

Nikita_99503 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Apna pehla collaboration and my favourite character that I created...

Ansh's alter-ego... 😈 😈 😈

Nikita_99503 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hayee... My favourite character... 

Mr. Alter-ego... 😈

Kaash show main bhi aisa kuch milta... I would have loved it...