Ronakshi TS - Tu Rooh Ki Raahat Hai - Completed

vaidehi1306 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hello dear forum members, Vaidehi here. Hope y'all are staying at home in this lockdown period and all are safe! Kudos to those who are fighting against the pandemic❤️ I wish together we win over this situation as soon as possible 😊

So this is a small attempt from my side to relive our beloved Ronakshi.. hope you'll enjoy reading this. Feedback awaited 😊

Ronakshi TS - Tu Rooh Ki Raahat Hai (Part 1)

The shrill sound coming from the alarm broke the calm, soothing silence of the room. Awash in the glow of the dim yellow light of a small bulb on the wall behind the headrest of the bed, a couple lay snuggled up on the bed, covered with duvet. While the continuous buzzing of alarm disturbed Sonakshi's peaceful slumber, it literally had no effect on Rohit despite the fact that the device was on his side of the bed. Eyes still closed, she reached out to him, shaking him by his right shoulder using her left hand. Her movements were limited as she was still locked in his embrace, her head resting on his chest.

"Rohit, utho na, please alarm band kar do. Mujhe abhi nahin uthna, thodi der aur sona chahti hoon,"she requested him politely in a sleepy voice.

He just brought her closer to himself in response, paying no heed to her plea. She made a 'this guy can never listen to me, unless requested twice' kind of annoyed sound. Meanwhile she opened her eyes to look at her husband's oh so handsome face which looked more cute with that slight smile playing on his lips, momentarily forgetting about the reason why she woke up in the first place.

"Rohit,"she stated once again, this time tickling him, because she knew he's awake and just pretending to be asleep!

"Sona, stop it, please,"he managed to utter in between his laughter. Sona obliged to his request as her mission was accomplished.

"You're so mean,"he whined to which she chuckled.

He turned to his right side of their bed to punish the culprit responsible for the disturbance and offered the required treatment. Meanwhile, he thanked his stars that his wife was awake and he would be a fool if he doesn't make any use of the chance given to him to steal some moments for their 'we time'.

Her next question threw one cold bucket of water on his not so innocent thoughts.

"You have a football match today, right?"

He turned to face her and playfully stated, "Actually, you know I was thinking to stay at home since I've got much better things to do here rather than going out for a match,"he finished his sentence in a husky voice with a wink and hovered over her caging her with his hands on both sides. Her eyes widened and she knew it in her heart that he was aiming for her lips.

Something was wrong. He couldn't pinpoint the exact reason but the glint in her eyes were missing and the reluctance was quite unmissable and evident from her body language. Generally, she used to tease him for a moment or two before giving in her own desires but today her reactions were unusually different.

"Sona, are you alright? Everything is fine na?"he asked with concern.

She should have known before that Rohit will see through her mood, for he is someone who knows her like the back of his hand. If there's possible to fall a little bit more in love with the person you're already in love with crazily, then that happened with her in that instant.

"Yeah, it's all good! It's just I'm a bit tired, nothing more than that,"she answered apologetically.

"Do you have a fever?", as he spoke his hands touched her forehead to check and heaved a sigh of relief on finding the body temperature normal.

Before he could have interrogated more, Rohit's phone started to ring drawing their attention. The screen displayed Rahul's name as the caller. He was about to decline but Sonakshi held his wrist in order to stop him.

Her eyebrows scrunched and she asked through her eyes,"What? Why are you ending the call?"

"You're not feeling well, how can I.."

"My dear husband, stop worrying. I'm just tired and not unwell," she interrupted him, emphasising the last word by quoting her last word, using her fingers.

By then the phone screen had went blank. On checking, Rohit discovered that he had messaged him some ten minutes back to inform that he is on his way to Sippy mansion which meant that he was waiting downstairs for him to pick him up for the match.

"Rohit, stop fretting about me and please go for the match. I'll rest for sometime before leaving for set and I assure you to be alright. Otherwise your friends will start blaming me for your continuous 'I can't come today' excuse. They'll say that since you've a wife now so you've forgotten them. 'Joru ka ghulaam' bulayenge tumhe," she joked to lighten the atmosphere to which he rolled his eyes and gave her a 'you're really unbelievable' look.

He typed a quick response to his friend confirming that he'll be there in 5 minutes. Dropping a soft kiss on her forehead, he said,"Take care. I'll see you in the evening,"grazing her cheek with his hand to which she nodded like an obedient child. Taking one last look of her smiling face, he darted out of the bed to get ready.

"The reports seem fine to me. I think the new medications will be enough and surgery won't be needed at all. Follow this dosage only and keep him under observation for next two days. I think he will be fully fine after that."

"Ok, sir."

Rohit was on the way to his cabin, engrossed in a discussion with sister Tulsi about a patient that he had operated on some 5 months ago. Apparently, he was having some issues again and hence he had come for check up yesterday. Rohit had admitted him for conducting some tests to have a proper analysis of his health. He had gone to check on him, and was relieved to see improvement in his conditions. And now the positive reports proved his decision of change in the patient's medicines right. He was calling it a day, as he was sure his wife would be here any minute by now.

He opened the door to his cabin only to see his Sona sleeping in an uncomfortable position on the couch inside his cabin. Legs dangling, she was half sitting with her head pillowed on her right arm that was resting on the armrest of the sofa. Tulsi caught a glimpse of Sonakshi through the half open door so she decided to leave before his boss asks her to, in order to give some privacy to the couple.

"Good night, sir,"she wished, to which he responded with the same, bidding her farewell.

He walked inside silently towards her, trying to make as low sound as possible in order to avoid disturbing his dear wife's sleep. Some strands of her hair lay leisurely on her cheek which obscured his view partly. He had a strong temptation to remove them so that he could have a clear view of her beautiful face but he drew his hand back and decided otherwise.

It's been just two weeks of their marriage and they had gone through a lot in such a short span of time. It started off way before their marriage with the entry of her crazy stalker Mahesh in their lives. Their wedding day would have ended up being a nightmare, had Bobby and other kinnars not rescued her. And if that wasn't enough the adoption of Pooja coming out in newspapers became a matter of gossip and then her trying to commit suicide was too much to take. He was heartbroken to see her crying and disheartened by the way his family had blamed her for all the happenings just because she was from the entertainment industry.

But as it's said, there's a rainbow after every storm, the situations had eased up and peace had returned in their life. The Sippys accepted their mistakes and apologized to her. Even Pooja had understood that bonds made from heart are way more superior than blood relations.

The best part of all this, he believed was the strengthening and deepening of their bond on an emotional level. They did have silly fights in between but it never really lasted long and there was never any need of taking special efforts from the other side to mollify the one who is angry, which he thought was the best part of their relationship. Their togetherness was all that mattered.

Yesterday night they're discussing how busy they had become with everything happening one after other that they hardly have had a good heart to heart talk with each other in the last few days. After a good 30 min session of agreement and disagreement on possible options they had finalised on dinner date at their favourite restaurant and a movie after coming back home. He suggested they could go to a theatre but Sonakshi insisted on coming back home after having dinner, so he agreed. Conclusively, it was planned like, Sonakshi will come to the hospital to pick him up and they'll leave from there after that, hence she was here.

Keeping all his thoughts aside, he decided to get changed first rather than waking her up, as he was still in his scrubs.

She felt a hand moving softly through her hair and also heard her own name being called in his soothing voice. On opening her eyes, she saw him, sitting besides her dressed in the black full-sleeved t-shirt and faded blue jeans that she'd brought for him. He looked tired yet no less than handsome.

She stated groggily, sitting up,"I'm sorry I didn't realise when I slept off. You got ready and didn't even wake me up."

He joked,"Really, do you wanted to help me in getting ready?"

She rolled her eyes in response, giving him a look that said  , 'you are too much'.

He gestured his heart being broken to which she smiled nonetheless.

"Come on give me a hug,"he said opening his arms to which she just neared herself to him, letting him cage her and bask in his warmth. The smell of his cologne had this calming effect on her everytime they shared a hug. She smiled resting her head on his shoulders.

Some moments later he asked teasingly,"Are you still sleepy or we should leave?"

"How about staying here all the night, like this? How comfortable, right?" she quipped brightly.

"Okay, I think we should get going,"he said disengaging from the embrace and getting up.

She also got up and moved towards his desk to collect her bag while Rohit took his phone from the table kept in front of the couch. He was about to move when something on the couch, where Sonakshi was sitting caught his eye. His mind drew a quick conclusion and he looked in her direction for confirmation. The red stain was highlighted against her white floral print dress at the back about which she was unaware for sure.

"Are you on your periods, Sona?"he asked.

The return ride to home was rather a silent affair. He tried to initiate a conversation but she obstinately kept looking forward while driving, not for even once turning towards her left. He recalled what happened back in the hospital...

His question met with a silence, no response came from Sonakshi in the form of words. Instead, he came face to face with a surprisingly shocked looking Sonakshi trying to fathom how he got to know about it on his own. She stammeringly spoke,"H.. how did you..," but stopped in mid sentence when her eyes caught the glimpse of red mark on the couch. But in another moment, realisation dawned upon her that it also implied that's not the only place where the red colour was present. Definitely some would be there on her dress too. Rohit saw the colour draining from her face out of embarassment.

As he neared towards her, he assuredly began,"Relax, you don't worry. It's nothing I'll fix it. You go and change and we'll leave after that. It'll be fine,"he finished taking her left hand in his right one, giving it a slight press, looking straight in her eyes. He could see tears pooled in them.

Sonakshi slightly nodded her head in affirmative to his words when he asked her again,"You have pads with you? Or I can.."

She interrupted him, clearing his doubts along with,"No, I have them. Can you just get me another dress from my bag in the car downstairs?"

"Yeah sure, I'll get it," he replied.

She thanked him and then went inside taking her handbag along, closing the door of the small bath attached to his cabin.

He got her another dress as requested, and after that cleaned the lounge while she was inside.

"We should leave for home,"was the last sentence spoken by her, that too in his cabin before exiting.

He was brought back to present when the car stopped at a traffic signal, somewhere midway between the route. He once again looked in her direction but it was of no use. The signal changed to green and he turned his head to the window. Although he was glad that the traffic was less today, the thirty minute ride to home out of which 15 minutes were still left, felt much longer than ever before.

The Sippys minus Ronakshi were sitting collectively at the dining table for dinner, everyone having the usual chit-chat and banter. Vimmi and Hari were serving food to them. They had begun eating when Veena, who was coming from the kitchen spotted Sonakshi passing by across the room. Keeping the bowl of custard on the table she excused herself to a side. She remembered Rohit telling herself about having plans for tonight while leaving for the hospital in morning so she was surprised to see Sonakshi home so early and in a few moments later even Rohit tailing behind her, both looking kind of disturbed.

She typed a message to Rohit her son which read"Rohit, you are here? I thought you both will be coming late, didn't know you'll be back this soon, you guys had dinner? All okay?"

He took out his phone when it pinged and read the text. His eyes met his mother's questioning eyes. He typed a reply to her,"Nothing to worry about, mom. I'll handle it."

She smiled reading it, feeling relaxed. Arguments and differences in opinion is a common aspect in marriage, it's the love and understanding that conquers all. She didn't know what the issue was but felt sure that this too will pass, making their bond stronger than ever before. Shaking her head, she went ahead to join everyone at the table.

To be continued..

P.S. - Excuse me for the grammatical errors.

P.P.S.- I know it's a wrong point to stop but yeah, I'll try my best to post the final part ASAP ❤️😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

huchseju thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Nice one😍

Please update the next chapter soon 

F_P007 thumbnail

It's beautiful😍💓

Update soonish!!! 

Waiting 🤘❤

KaranSG_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

This was beautiful. Very unusual and important topic. I am glad you chose to show this aspect of a couple's life as well and handled it so beautifully. Please continue soon.

cutie95 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Superb update 

Continue soon

Nonameforme thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I love how u took such an essential topic in hand like this. Really good, loved it. Eagerly waiting for the next part😍😍

wasuthecrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Most awaited one❤️ and vaidu you have excelled it. Such a sensitive topic handled so well and wow the subtle silent feelings that are existing between rohit and sonakshi are well mentioned and i love that. And yessss you ended at the most wanted moment so pretty please come back soonish. 🤗👏

vaidehi1306 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Ronakshi TS - Tu Rooh Ki Raahat Hai (Finale)

A/N- So here I'm with the most awaited part of my OS. Before I start the story, I would like to tell that I'm extremely apologetic for the delay caused. Things kept happening one after other and I couldn't write the full update in one go and kept writing in bits. There were so many things I was confused upon even after planning the whole plot of this part and hence the delay. I'm really thankful to some friends of mine who were a constant support throughout this time <3. So yeah, finally it's done and I hope it's upto your expectations. A big thank you to all of you for waiting and to those too who kept asking for the update. I'm sorry not to reply sooner to your requests. Feedback awaited, positive as well as criticism. Excuse me for the grammatical mistakes. :)

Happy reading,
Vaidehi.

Rohit reached their room and saw Sonakshi standing behind the reticular piece of furniture, facing the closet and taking out clothes to change. He shut the door silently and moved in her direction to speak to her. On hearing his nearing footsteps, she tried to move towards the bathroom hurriedly in order to escape from him. But he was quick enough to get a hold of her arm. The clothes in her hand fell on the floor because of the sudden force with which he made her face himself.

"Stop it yaar, Sona! What's wrong with you? I have been trying to talk to you since we left the hospital  and you have been nothing but silent. At least say something,"he agitatedly demanded as held her arms from both sides in a gentle yet firm hold, their bodies at an arm's distance apart.

"Rohit, I have to change. Please let me go,"she mumbled.

"I'm not letting you go anywhere till we finish this discussion,' he dismissed with an air of finality.

She was still avoiding to look at him. Hence, he forced her to look at himself by cupping the left half of her face with his right hand. Their eyes met and he saw a sheeny layer of tears glistening in her eyes. His heart ached on seeing her like that.

"I'm feeling so.." she started but he cut her midway, "Embarassed, right? But why? I want to know. Tell me,"he urged her again softly to open up.

"Then how am I supposed to feel Rohit, enlighten me? Thank God it was noticed just by you and nobody else. What if it wasn't your cabin? What if it wasn't you but your hospital staff? What would they've thought of me? It's not that I'm telling all this because I'm a public figure, it's embarassing for anyone,"she burst out vehemently, while he continued to hold her for support.

A moment later, he held her face in his hands and cajolingly replied,"Hey, ssshhhh! Calm down, Sona. See, it can happen with anyone, isn't it? Sometimes things don't work in our favour, it was just not your day today. Take it as a bad one that passed away. It won't happen again, you just have to be a little more careful, that's it. Look at the brighter side, we got to spend more time together at home,"he tried to make her understand while wiping her tears.

He kept stroking her head softly till her sobs subsided. Her head rested on his chest and she remained locked in the safe haven of his arms. After a couple of minutes, on sensing her withdrawal he dropped his arms by her side and went ahead to pour some water for her from the jug kept beside their bed. Meanwhile, she picked up the fallen clothes and kept them on bed. He made her sit, taking a seat himself beside her on the bed and offered her the glass of water.

"Feeling better?"he asked after she had finished drinking.

She nodded in affirmative offering him a small smile.

"You should've told me about this, there's always an option of cancelling a plan in case of emergency,"he suggested.

She stated ruefully, "Rohit, we've hardly got to spend some quality time with each other since our wedding was announced.  In fact that's what we've been doing everytime whenever we make a plan. I just didn't want to add one more to the already long list. By the way, I haven't really expected you to be so direct,"finally she spoke about what she wanted to ask.

"Did I upset you?"he questioned.

"No, not at all, you just surprised me in a good way,"she clarified immediately.

Taking her right hand in between both his hands, he gave it a gentle squeeze of assurance. "Sona, we are partners right? There should be comfort and understanding between us rather than awkwardness, isn't it? Being your husband it's my duty and responsibility to make you feel at ease so that you can share anything with me, without any hesitation,"he spoke earnestly. His words warmed her heart and she thanked the almighty in her mind for bringing Rohit in her life.

"Thank you,"she stated gratefully.

He shook his head which meant she didn't need to and closed the distance between them. She sighed in contentment when dropped a soft kiss on her forehead. Life was perfect.

It was a cloudless, starlit night and a crescent moon shone in the sky. A cool breeze was blowing that made the atmosphere more appealing. Sonakshi sat on the couch in the adjoining balcony of their room after taking a hot shower as pressurized by Rohit. At first she was reluctant because it was really late and she had already changed, but she literally had to flee to the bathroom after being blackmailed by him. She was surprisingly shocked when he said that he'll himself pick her up if she spent one more second in the room. Later on he clarified that he was just joking and handed over the clothes she had left on the bed in hurry.

The room was empty when she came out as Rohit had gone downstairs to fetch dinner for both of them. She had to admit that she actually felt much relaxed and refreshed after the bath. Deciding to enjoy a bit of fresh air, till her husband comes, she came out in the balcony.

Rohit wheeled the food table towards the balcony on not finding Sonakshi in the room. He was greeted with a vision that literally left him spellbound and he stood rooted to the spot where he was standing. There she was sitting on the couch busy in her own world oblivious to effect she had on her dear husband. Wisps of her partially damp hair flowed freely due to the gentle wind that wafted through them, her beautiful face having no trace of make up, dressed in the most comfiest attire of a t-shirt and pyjamas - his wife was a sight to behold. Some untamed desires crept up in his heart.

Sonakshi halted in the middle of applying a dab of moisturizer on her arm on noticing Rohit standing at the door of the balcony like a statue.

"Rohit, what's wrong? You're looking so lost!"she exclaimed, snapping him rudely out of his musings. He placed his hand on his heart to calm himself down and jerked his head to clear his mind from iniquitious thoughts.

"Nothing to worry about,"he replied and gestured with his hands to stop her from getting up on noticing the food trolley and headed towards her.

"What have you brought? I'm starving."

Sonakshi was removing the lids of the dishes to check the contents, while Rohit pushed a covered plate to her side indicating it was for her. Her mood went downhill on seeing the spinach soup as she recognised it by the smell that was coming through it. Her face mirrored her disappointment.

"What happened?"he asked on seeing her not-so-happy expressions," You had asked for a light dinner right, that's why I brought soup."

"I have no problem with soup but Rohit, spinach.. seriously!?"and she closed her eyes in exasperation. Then, she added as an alternate suggestion,"Can I have salad instead, please?"

It seemed like he was hell bent to annoy her tonight.

"Yeah why not! Take this,"he uncovered a plate that had beetroot and carrot salad in it, another vegetable she disliked to eat. She scowled at him.

"Now it's upto you to decide what you dislike more among the two provided options,"he stated with a mirthful smile, clearly amused at her antics.

She conveyed her irritation with another glare but took the soup bowl from his hand and began sipping the medium hot semisolid food.

She had finished half of her dinner when she noticed Rohit silently grinning while eating, and he immediately donned a poker face when she looked at him. "Oh shit, I'm gone now,"he muttered lowly.

"What's the matter? Is there any joke written on the food or you got reminded of one?"she enquired.

"Nothing like that,"he shook his head in denial and she frowned at him warningly.

"Okay, I was just wondering, you know, that someone who is so fond of 'karela' dislikes eating spinach.. it's quite interesting and amusing you know,"he elaborated sheepishly and then added for damage control,"I was just kidding, you carry on."

"Don't worry dear hubby, I'll return your favour by making you eat 'karela', cooked by me,"she replied calmly, rendering him completely speechless.

Sonakshi glanced at the digital clock to check the time while smoothening the creases of the bedsheet on the right side of their bed. It showed forty-five minutes past ten. Rohit had gone downstairs and she was almost done with her usual chores before hitting the bed. She straightened after tucking in the last corner of the linen and had just turned around when he came in front of her. It caused her to startle backwards but he held her in time by the waist and gathered her frame against his own. She was about to retort with a cross statement but became tongue-tied on realising the proximity between them. Their faces were merely few inches apart. She was trying to gauge the intentions behind his sudden actions in the depth of his eyes that beheld hers with such an intensity that she felt her knees giving up and she held his t-shirt with one hand for support. For a moment, his gaze transferred to her lips and then again shifted back to her orbs. She realised that he was seeking permission, giving her the right to approve the further step. She didn't push him away this time. Her eyelids shut and the next instant his lips captured hers in a gentle kiss while her hands curled around his neck on their own accord. He drew her closer to himself and she continued to glide her fingers through the tufts of his hair as the kiss became more passionate with each passing second. She couldn't help but smile in between the kiss. Her favourite dark chocolate had never tasted better and her husband was undoubtedly the best.

He rested his warm forehead against hers as they both catched their breaths to restrain the unleashed waves of passion flowing between them. The clasp on her waist had relaxed and her arms had come down to rest on his shoulders. Few moments later when she opened her eyes, she found him already looking at her with a remarkable softness in his eyes and his lips were curved into a warm smile. He loved making her blush.

"I hope I'm forgiven now," he stated so genuinely and put forth his next request with puppy eyes,"mujhe karela mat khilana, please."

The last part of his statement earned him a playful blow on his arm.

"Sorry, but that you will have to eat Dr Surgeon,"she replied innocently with twinkling eyes.

"You're so mean," he complained and she couldn't help but smile at his cuteness.

"I love you too,"she confessed while squeezing his cheeks, a thing she always loved to do in moments like these.

"Don't you think we should sleep now Rohit, it's been so late,"she stated the obvious pointing at the clock which displayed 11 o'clock.

"Not we, but you should definitely sleep. I've some work piled up for the presentation that I've to prepare for the conference. It will take about half an hour and I won't allow you to wait for me," he denied firmly.

"But.."

"I don't want to listen to any but or if, "he interrupted her in between and then cradled her face warmly in his hands. "The day has been hectic enough for you today. I insist you to take rest now. Good night," he wished at the end.

Placing a soft peck on her forehead, he eased away the frowns and embraced her snugly for one last time.

Fifteen minutes were still left for midnight when Rohit was finally done with all the pending work. Now all he wanted was to hit the bed and sleep peacefully cuddling his wife, but fate had other plans for him. He was about to lie down on his side of bed when he noticed Sonakshi changing her sleeping position for the third time in last 5 minutes. She was definitely pretending to be asleep. This girl never listens to me, he thought.

He couldn't stop himself admonishing her,"Sona, don't you dare try to fool me by your act! I know that you're awake, now please tell me what's the matter?"

She had no other option left than to turn around and face him. A slight groan escaped from her lips which caught Rohit's attention. He was somewhat getting the reason of her discomfort when her statement affirmed his doubts.

"I'm unable to sleep because of the cramps,"she confessed in a low voice looking at him at last.

"You could've told me earlier Sona, do you have any medicines with you?"he asked concernedly. He was mentally chiding himself as he too should've thought about such situations and kept some medications for her.

"I didn't want you to get worked up Rohit. And I always keep a strip of tablets in my bag, but this time I forgot to buy them,"she replied.

Her voice clearly gave away her discomfort that she was trying to hide which tugged at his heart. His mind started looking up for the possible measures that can be taken at this moment.

He voiced out the first thing that came in his mind,"I'll get you a hot water bag, wait a min."

Sonakshi held his wrist to prevent him from getting up.

"Actually Pooja had asked for it in morning and I gave it to her, she didn't return it after that,"she clarified.

He rolled his eyes, irritated by his wife's being a chocolate attitude all the time. Breathing out a sigh, he curbed his temper and then regarded her with a solemn look. More important matters needed to be addressed at this moment than kicking up a fuss.

"Massage is a good remedy for cramps, if you allow me to."

She looked at him in awe, momentarily forgetting the discomfort caused by the muscle spasm. This guy who looked no less tired because of working whole day but still he was more bothered for her than himself; her comfort mattered to him more than anything else. She felt like one fourth of her pain had subsided in that instant.

When he asked her next where it's paining she just turned and lied on her stomach voicing lower back. He raised the hem of her t-shirt to a few inches to expose the mentioned area. Keeping the momentary hesitation aside, he began moving his fingers gently in upward direction on the stiff muscles. The skin felt warm beneath his touch, he could even feel the goose bumps she got but he stayed silent and continued with his actions.

As the minutes passed, the soreness started receding and she started feeling relaxed under the movement of his deft fingers. The silence in the atmosphere was comforting.

About twenty minutes later, she called out to him which sounded muffled due to the pillow, but was enough loud for him to hear.

"Rohit, please lie down. I'm not feeling any pain now."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, never felt better,"she assured.

Convinced by her reply, he rearranged her dress and draped the coverlet around her lying form. Then after putting out the bedside lamps of both side, he came to lie down on his side. He had just sat on the bed when she reached out and caught his hands in her own and pressed it to her eyes reverentially and then kissed his knuckles with love. This sweet act of hers triggered some beautiful memories of the past. He grasped her face and his lips lingered on her forehead for longer than usual, as if conveying the deepest feelings of his heart. Finally he reclined alongside her and they cuddled up in a half embrace. Sonakshi decided to break the silence.

"What are you thinking about?"

"I'm regretting,"Rohit replied contemplatively.

She raised her head from his chest to look at him and he nodded his head in response. She obliged when he gestured her to put her head down.

"I'm rueful about that fact that I wasted a lot of time, yours as well as mine because of my own stupidity. We could've been actually dating instead of faking to be in a relationship, had I realised sooner about my feelings."

She put her hand on his chest reassuringly while speaking,"Rohit, no matter whatever we think or want, destiny works in its own ways. The only thing that matters to me is, we're together now and that's the best thing, isn't it."

Her words brought a smile on his face and he gave her arm a gentle squeeze.

"You're right, my Drama Queen. Now shall we sleep?"he beseeched.

A deep 'hmm' came as a response from her side and she encaged him with her free hand while he interlaced the fingers of her left hand with his own. And they dozed off to a peaceful slumber.

The morning sun had enveloped the whole city in its golden hue. Different people were engrossed in different works. Some were returning from their morning jog, some were chitchatting while walking and some had even set off for their works. Amongst them were walking a young couple, out of which the woman had kept her head covered with the hoodie that she was wearing. And it looked like she was pissed off with her partner.

Rohit and Sonakshi were out for a light walk and they were heading towards the nearest park from the mansion. This park was closer than the one where Rohit goes for his morning jog. Sonakshi mostly stuck to  yoga and diet for her fitness and wasn't much into jogging or going to the gym. The former because of her irregular shooting schedules as well as the immense popularity she got due to KPK; it became really hard to stop people when they used to request for a selfie or autograph. As for the latter, she honestly never felt the need. She had a naturally good figure, she just had to maintain it.

Her shooting schedules had not just become more hectic but also longer than usual in recent weeks. Apparently, they had shot for some good number of episodes of a particular track but it didn't go well with the channel and hence they had to rewrite and shoot a whole new sequence. Her whole routine had become irregular.

Rohit was actually concerned for her after what happened the previous night. Hence he had deliberately waken her up in the morning and forced her to come along with him for a light walk, making an excuse that YK won't be joining him for today's jog. He also stated that they won't go very far, in fact the nearest place where they're heading was just 5 minutes from the mansion.

Sonakshi was arguing,"Rohit, we slept so late yesternight and I'm still feeling so tired, still you insisted me for this! What if I get late for the shoot?"

Rohit consoled her,"Arey you won't get late. And Sona, trust me you'll feel more active and fresh today," then added as an afterthought,"even your favourite doctor, Dr. Internet says the same thing,"regarding her with an impish smile.

She looked daggers at him. By now they were inside the park and turning around a corner when they came face to face with YK, who was surprised at first and later smiling slyly at Rohit.

"Good morning, Rohit and Sonakshi,"he wished them and they both replied the same.

"I wasn't expecting you here YK. You surprised us,"Rohit tried to cover the goof up.

"Even I'm amazed to see you here. Actually I thought why to go so far since you're not accompanying me but didn't know that you had other plans,"YK teased him looking at Sonakshi. Rohit subjected him with a mild glare, which YK royally ignored.

"You guys carry on, I'm just going back to home. See you both later,"and he bid farewell to them.

Meanwhile Sonakshi realised that all her husband wanted was to take her out for a walk and he certainly didn't want to let her go alone. Letting go of the minor tiff, she inched closer towards him and entwined her fingers with his. Bestowing him with a bright smile she said,"Come on, we need to move,"and dragged him along with her.

Sonakshi was examining the contents of her handbag to check whether she had all the necessary things or not. She was supposed to leave fifteen minutes ago, but couldn't and now she was late. She was about to zip up her bag when Rohit came and handed her a roll-on and a strip of Meftal.

"Keep these with you and use in case they are required."

Sonakshi obliged and then turned to face him.

Rohit asked, "All set to leave for shoot?"

"Yeah. At what time you'll be leaving for hospital?"

"In one hour. Listen,drink a lot of water to keep your body hydrated, do not eat anything spicy..." he stopped when he saw her looking at him thoughtfully.

"I suddenly feel like a five-year old," Sonakshi stated.

What?- he conveyed through his eyes.

She raised herself on her toes, caught the left half of his face and kissed him soundly on his right cheek. Before he could respond, she was out of his reach.

She avowed gleefully before exiting the room,"You talk a lot, Dr Surgeon. I'll take care of your Sona. Bye!"

Sonakshi had an early pack-up from the sets today. She was happy to get back home earlier as Rohit had an early morning flight for Delhi the next day and she wanted to spend some quality time with him. Rohit was still at hospital when she reached the mansion. So after freshening up, she decided to take out his clothes, so that he could pack it once he is back.

The conference was for just two days, hence there wasn't much luggage. She was placing the last pair of t-shirt and jeans on the bed when Rohit entered in the room. His mood lifted instantly he saw her already at home. She greeted him with an smile

"You're back so soon," he said while embracing her from behind.

"I'm not just back, but also completed half of your work," Sonakshi replied, highlighting about arranging his clothes.

"And that's why I say, you make my life easier," he kissed her hairs softly.

She prompted, "Were you of the opinion that it's only your responsibility to look after me?"

"No, but I've to be more careful as my wife is more concerned about others than herself most of the times," he stated, matter-of-factly.

She rammed her elbow lightly in his abdomen and disengaged herself from the cosy confinement of his arms.

"Dr Surgeon, romance can wait.. packing cannot. You should get started so that you get ample sleep before leaving as you'll be hardly get to rest before tomorrow night," she instructed bossily.

He mock saluted her, "Aye aye captain."

Rohit was working on the laptop seated on the couch of their balcony. Sonakshi came and handed him his cup of coffee while she had brought her special and most favourite ginger tea for herself.

"Just give me two minutes, okay" he requested.

She nodded and took a seat beside him. Meanwhile, she was pondering over the incidents of the previous night and yesterday. She had always seen Rohit going extreme lengths for her, there was a stubbornness in him in matters related to her - be it being her bodyguard or going against his own father whenever he spoke ill about her. But since yesterday, she was seeing a side of him that was still unknown to her. What not had he done for her, from patiently handling her mood swings to taking care of her food..he made her feel at ease even while conversing about things that she usually avoided sharing even with ger mother. After a long time she felt pampered and cared in real sense, not for the character she plays but for the person she is. Her lips curved up in a heartfelt smile.

Rohit put his laptop aside after sending some important mails and found Sonakshi beaming with happiness yet looking lost in thoughts.  Her cup of beverage remained untouched while he had gulped down his drink while working. He nudged her to break her reverie.

"Earth to Sona! May I get an insight of your thoughts? And just to let you know, your 'garma-garam' adrakh wali chai is no longer hot," he said slyly.

"I don't want to drink anything," she moved closer towards him and rested her head on his shoulder, coupling her right arm with his left.

"20 ₹ gaye paani mein," he stated dramatically.

She replied rolling her eyes, "Yeah, that was expected from you, certified Sindhi papad!"

And they chuckled in unison. Some minutes passed in silence.

Then Sonakshi calmly began to narrate, "You know Rohit, I was fourteen when I got my first period, that too on the set. I was rehearsing my scenes with the lead actress in her room, I played the role of her small sister in that show. I didn't know anything about this and felt so tensed. I wanted to run back home and cry out. But the lead actress of that show, she consoled me and made me understand that it's a natural thing and took care of me. I told Mumma when I returned to home and even she guided me further. The next day I didn't want to go to the set but I had to, since we're financially struggling. I never ever discussed with Mumma even if I had cramps or uneasiness.. she never asked and I never told. As time passed I got habituated of taking painkillers, but never stopped working."

She sighed deeply and then continued, "You might be thinking na why I'm saying all this now to you? After a long time, someone has gone to such extent or done so much for me. You know, I always wished for such a partner who values me for who I'm, as a person and not for what I'm. In you, I've not only found a lover but perhaps a lot more than that, a friend, a confidant and a person who lets me expand my wings. I feel like the most luckiest woman on this earth. Thank you for coming in my life and making me a part of yours," she held his hand and kissed his knuckles.

Rohit was listening to her words with rapt attention, going through a wide range of emotions while she narrated the bygone incidents of her life. He was overwhelmed.

"Hey, look at me," he urged her softly and she followed. He clasped her angelic face in his hands and kissed her forehead and eyelids. When she opened her eyes, he was again regarding her with intense eyes..

He confessed with utmost sincerity, "I'm glad you shared such an incident with me because you felt to, not thinking to hold back because it's a taboo subject to talk about. I've not seen a strong girl like you in my life. I'm no less blessed to have you as my better half. You make me feel proud of my choice. "

His words filled her existence with a warmth that made her feel complete and content. She moved forward and held him close while his arms wound around her.

And they stole some more moments of togetherness...

The end ****

Edited by vaidehi1306 - 3 years ago
vaidehi1306 thumbnail

Originally posted by: huchseju

Nice one😍

Please update the next chapter soon 

Hey, than you so much 😊❤️

The final part is updated, do check it out 😊

vaidehi1306 thumbnail

Originally posted by: F_P007

It's beautiful😍💓

Update soonish!!! 

Waiting 🤘❤

Thank you 🤗❤️

Sorry for taking so long to update, but I hope the length of the update compensates for the delay. Please do check. Waiting for your feedback 😍