•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the product of the author's (that's me) imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental and is meant for the purpose of enjoyment only. Please do not take this work of fiction seriously! For this is really just fiction!

PROLOGUE

"One more time we are strangers...."

He was bored out of his wits as he stood alone in a corner staring at nothing in particular as he traced the rim of his wine glass with his forefinger. He sighed and moved away as he saw the daughter of his new business partner make her way towards him. Beautiful she was but only by looks. He threw an icy glare her way hoping that she would understand his warning and moved away from his previous spot and stepped into the balcony for fresh air.

Gulping all of his wine in one go he once again fixated his gaze on the woman whom he had been eyeing since the party started. She still looked like the woman he had met long ago, long black silky hair, eyes the color of honey, lips the perfect shape of Cupid's bow and the smile whose twinkle was evident in her eyes. She was glowing as she stared at the man who stood a bit far away from where she was standing, her gaze shy and cheeks colored with the red color of blush.

He noticed that not only she was looking at him with shy glances but he, the man whom she was staring at was also staring at her with every other opportunity. His lips curved in a soft smile as he turned away.

"Don't they look lovely? So much in love already."

He shook his head lightly, "Where did you come from? I didn't see you." he said looking at the young man dressed in a navy blue suit.

"Ah! The omnipresent Krishna who is present everywhere and knows everything."

Krishna walked forward and took his friend's hand in his and rolled the sleeve of his shirt till his elbows. His eyes got misty as he stared at the wound on the arm of his friend, "Soon my dear friend Ashwatthama, soon you will be freed from this curse." Krishna said as he softly caressed Ashwatthama's wounded flesh. Smiling as he watched the wound heal rapidly.

"Call me Abhay." said Ashwatthama as he unrolled the sleeve of his shirt and cuffed it back in place. "They know me as Abhay Raichand."

Krishna chuckled heartily as he joked, "Did you take that name from that television show?" he chuckled once again as he watched embarrassment color Ashwatthama's cheeks.

"Don't you have anywhere to go?" Ashwatthama aka Abhay asked moving away from Krishna.

Shaking his head Krishna moved to stand beside his friend and placed a gentle hand over his shoulder as they both stared at the couple in front of them, "I wanted to be here, wanted to watch them meet again. It's been ages I saw my dear sister Uruvi smile like this. Radhey's presence does wonders to her."

INDEX

Prologue :: Page #1 :: Post #1

Interesting prologue. So the story is about Karn and Uruvi. But what is ashwathama doing here? Eager to know Ashwathama and Krishna's roles in Karan and Uruvi's love story. Update soon.