Kumkum Bhagya

Kumkum Bhagya : Is It A Tale Of Bhagya Streched Like A Chewing Gum?

Aleyamma47 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I’m a just a petty fanfic writer, so, before starting this article let me be very clear! 

This ARTICLE is not meant o bash any character or actor from the series. I have no issues with any of them neither Abhigya nor Pranbir.

The issue which I am mentioning here is just the storyline and nothing else.

My extreme apologies to all fans, if I have been rough in my words in this article, but what I'm trying to point out is just a personal view.

To begin with, This serial was and to a certain extent is still supposed to be one of the best INDIAN SHOWS of the INDIAN TELEVISON. But is it really the BEST according to ALL the viewers?

The PLOT of the show is absolutely null from the time the Season 2 of the Younger generation has been introduced. Let me be frank and ask all my readers, what has actually happened in the show since the latest protagonists Prachi, Rhea and Ranbir have been introduced!

The answer is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

It is all a roundabout of Kidnaps, Parties with the female lead Prachi constantly getting INTO TROUBLE due to her EVIL TWIN Rhea and the male lead trying to protect the female lead by taking a stand for her always!

In the end, the character Prachi starting ANOTHER FIGHT AND AGAIN Ranbir for something or the OTHER!!!

So is there a LOVE STORY which the makers are trying to create ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!!

Again, the answer is NOT AT ALL!

This is what the Kumkum Bhagya team has been doing since March 2019, CONSTANT FIGHTS OF PRANBIR, CONSTANT EVIL PLOYS BY RHEA AND CONSTANT HITS AND MISSES OF ABHIGYA!

So, what is the STORY of Kumkum Bhagya!!

Again NOTHING!!!!

So, what is KUMKUM BHAGYA creators actually doing?

Fool around with the viewers?

It’s absolutely dejecting that a TOP-RATED show has absolutely nothing other than NEGATIVITIES and repetition of storyline OVER AND OVER AGAIN to be shown to its viewers!!!

To make matters worse, even the characters of Season 2 are UNDER-DEVELOPED!!! The characters are just minions of the CHARACTERS of Season 1.

Ranbir of Abhishek, Prachi of Pragya, Rhea of Tanu and Aliyah, Aryan a HALF-MINION of Purab because his character doesn’t have any ROLE other than being a helper to the character of Ranbir and in the same way Shahana also is a HALF-MINION of Bulbul because her only role is being the helper of Prachi.

The other ridiculous side of the characters of Kumkum Bhagya is that they DISAPPEAR and APPEAR from nowhere!!! As the case of Rishi-Priyanka and of Ranbir’s sister, Mishti!!!

So, don’t the VIEWERS think that this show is just OVER-RATED NON-SENSICAL DRAMA.

What could be reason this show is slowly losing its popularity ?

The repetition of the same story over and over again OR something else!

Please put in your opinions.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mala06 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: Aleyamma47

I’m a just a petty fanfic writer, so, before starting this article let me be very clear! 

This ARTICLE is not meant o bash any character or actor from the series. I have no issues with any of them neither Abhigya nor Pranbir.

My extreme apologies to all fans, if I have been rough in my words in this article, but what I'm trying to point out is just a personal view.

To begin with, This serial was and to a certain extent is still supposed to be one of the best INDIAN SHOWS of the INDIAN TELEVISON. But is it really the BEST according to ALL the viewers?

The PLOT of the show is absolutely null from the time the Season 2 of the Younger generation has been introduced. Let me be frank and ask all my readers, what has actually happened in the show since the latest protagonists Prachi, Rhea and Ranbir have been introduced!

It is all a roundabout of Kidnaps, Parties with the female lead Prachi constantly getting INTO TROUBLE due to her EVIL TWIN Rhea and the male lead trying to protect the female lead by taking a stand for her always!

In the end, the character Prachi starting ANOTHER FIGHT AND AGAIN Ranbir for something or the OTHER!!!

So is there a LOVE STORY which the makers are trying to create ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!!

This is what the Kumkum Bhagya team has been doing since March 2019, CONSTANT FIGHTS OF PRANBIR, CONSTANT EVIL PLOYS BY RHEA AND CONSTANT HITS AND MISSES OF ABHIGYA!

Again NOTHING!!!!

It’s absolutely dejecting that a TOP-RATED show has absolutely nothing other than NEGATIVITIES and repetition of storyline OVER AND OVER AGAIN to be shown to its viewers!!!

To make matters worse, even the characters of Season 2 are UNDER-DEVELOPED!!! The characters are just minions of the CHARACTERS of Season 1.

Ranbir of Abhishek, Prachi of Pragya, Rhea of Tanu and Aliyah, Aryan a HALF-MINION of Purab because his character doesn’t have any ROLE other than being a helper to the character of Ranbir and in the same way Shahana also is a HALF-MINION of Bulbul because her only role is being the helper of Prachi.

The other ridiculous side of the characters of Kumkum Bhagya is that they DISAPPEAR and APPEAR from nowhere!!! As the case of Rishi-Priyanka and of Ranbir’s sister, Mishti!!!

So, don’t the VIEWERS think that this show is just OVER-RATED NON-SENSICAL DRAMA.

Do you really think good story will bring TRPs in ITV and do you really think season 2 is worse than season 1? Sorry but really I need to disagree. 

for  first point, most of the shows that are actually good never gets decent TRPs in ITV. EKT,  Gulaal are the perfect example. Most of the target of these ITVs are indian housewife who still thinks they need to obey their husband and behave like an ideal wife. So those serials who show ideal wives like Pragya,  Akshara, Archana gets decent TRPs. If the story is different, especially with female lead who is strong,   no one watches it and hence they won't earn enough money and eventually everything will depends money.  So even if there are creative writers they will never actually try to make good story. If you are earning money without hard work why make extra effort. I actually watch a lot of foreign shows I can say that most of the ITVs don't have good story. There's a lot of cultural impact too. But, who are we to jugde ? people who are enjoying them, let them enjoy.

Regarding season 2 being worse than season 1, in season 1 there was Revenge marriage kidnapping track which lasted for months,  Tanu's fake Pregnancy drama, Mogambo track, Munni track and Abhi throwing Pragya out of the house blaming dadi's death, Kiara's track and then Kiara's kidnapping track and then seperation track, in between there were some good fun scenes of Abhi and Pragya too.This season we also have kidnapping tracks but they are just filller track the actual story is completely different than previous one and Abhi and Ranbir's character looks similar on base but they are totally different, same with Prachi and Pragya's character. It will be too long to elaborate. I hope you got my point.

Regarding overrated, if you compare  with other foreign shows yes. But, if you consider other itvs show, I can't find any show being better than this besides BB and sony shows.

Nandini25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: mala06

Do you really think good story will bring TRPs in ITV and do you really think season 2 is worse than season 1? Sorry but really I need to disagree. 

for  first point, most of the shows that are actually good never gets decent TRPs in ITV. EKT,  Gulaal are the perfect example. Most of the target of these ITVs are indian housewife who still thinks they need to obey their husband and behave like an ideal wife. So those serials who show ideal wives like Pragya,  Akshara, Archana gets decent TRPs. If the story is different, especially with female lead who is strong,   no one watches it and hence they won't earn enough money and eventually everything will depends money.  So even if there are creative writers they will never actually try to make good story. If you are earning money without hard work why make extra effort. I actually watch a lot of foreign shows I can say that most of the ITVs don't have good story. There's a lot of cultural impact too. But, who are we to jugde ? people who are enjoying them, let them enjoy.

Regarding season 2 being worse than season 1, in season 1 there was Revenge marriage kidnapping track which lasted for months,  Tanu's fake Pregnancy drama, Mogambo track, Munni track and Abhi throwing Pragya out of the house blaming dadi's death, Kiara's track and then Kiara's kidnapping track and then seperation track, in between there were some good fun scenes of Abhi and Pragya too.This season we also have kidnapping tracks but they are just filller track the actual story is completely different than previous one and Abhi and Ranbir's character looks similar on base but they are totally different, same with Prachi and Pragya's character. It will be too long to elaborate. I hope you got my point.

Regarding overrated, if you compare  with other foreign shows yes. But, if you consider other itvs show, I can't find any show being better than this besides BB and sony shows.

Mala, please try to avoid this kind of topics that invites comparison. 

Edited by Nandini25 - 4 years ago
Aleyamma47 thumbnail

Not at all dear, which is why I said in the beginning itself, this article was not meant to bash or even compare Season 2/ Season 1. All that you pointed out according to ITV is right as no Indian Serial really works on storyline or plot. But there are quite a good number which does work on good stories!

What I feel is that, Season 2 of Kumkum Bhagya has the same non-sensical events of Season 1. I think the creators should put in a different original concept for Season 2 targeting the audience of Indian houswives, which would really help this show regain its popularity.

Edited by Aleyamma47 - 4 years ago
mala06 thumbnail

Not at all dear, which is why I said in the beiginning itself, this article was not meant to bash or even compare Season 2/ Season 1. All that you pointed out according to ITV is right as no Indian Serial really works on storyline or plot. But there are quite a good number which does work on good stories!

What I feel is that, Season 2 of Kumkum Bhagya has the same non-sensical events of Season 1. I think the creators should put in a different original concept for Season 2 targeting the audience of Indian houswives, which would really help this show regain its popularity.

I  think about season 1 being  better than season 2 is personal preference. I think we can't actually compare them because season 2 is not complete. Personally, having watched both seasons I am actually liking the direction they vary. It is still getting decent TRPs so I don't think they should change the story.  If you change the story drastically it won't work as I said originally and  if they really target housewifes the story will be more boring.

Besides, I am also enjoying you story. You are giving every new gen character equal chance. Please continue writing when you have time.

mala06 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Nandini25

Mala, please try to avoid this kind of topics that invites comparison. 

Ok Nandini.

Nandini25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Aleyamma47 thumbnail

I  think about season 1 being  better than season 2 is personal preference. I think we can't actually compare them because season 2 is not complete. Personally, having watched both seasons I am actually liking the direction they vary. It is still getting decent TRPs so I don't think they should change the story.  If you change the story drastically it won't work as I said originally and  if they really target housewifes the story will be more boring.

Besides, I am also enjoying you story. You are giving every new gen character equal chance. Please continue writing when you have time.

But still they can work a bit to create a difference between two seasons. Because having watched the two seasons, personally I feel the Pranbir fights are an exact recreation of Abhigya fights, then the kidnaps and stuff are also repetitive from Season 1. In whole, most of the tracks are a REPETITION of Season 1,  which is not actually working for Pranbir.

Pranbir-Rhea and Arhana are already UNIQUE so if given a unique storyline, they will become even more FABULOUS rather than boring!

And thanks a million for giving a chance to read my FF, thanks!

anandhi007 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Again NOTHING!!!!

So far in season 2 they have tried establishing the new characters and their relationship and equations as a lot has changed in 20 years and so many new characters are introduced. They can't just start with twins revelation and without establishing the characters of the twins and their upbringings etc. It's a tale of abhigya which doesn't necessarily include abhigya at all points. You can write a story about someone without actually bringing them in. And with respect to pranbir moments yes sure initially the fights seemed repetitive but as it went by they have an unique relationship and story themselves. Their love story is nowhere close to abhigya's. And ranbir is nowhere close to abhi. Ranbir is a man with no ego and no male toxicity,he respects prachi and her feelings and her space and doesn't wish to intrude and just hopes she falls in love with him. While abhi never got the concept of personal space even when he thought pragya was married to king. Here Ranbir is okay with prachi falling in love with someone else as long as she is happy and a part of his life. He has made that very clear. How many itv men are like this?

They have done a beautiful job in showing something different and healthy and with respect to kidnapping and bank robbery,all ekta shows have that :3 not just in kkb 1 and 2. So again for them to develop a plot they need to establish the characters. Which they have done now,so they can develop the plot hereafter. In season 1 they didn't do that,so the character arc was pretty confusing. 

And season 2 has barely started so you can't already compare season 2 with season 1 which is over. And in season 1,I feel like it was so repetitive and it was tanu all the time. I hated seeing her face. I like Aliya as a negative lead more than tanu. Anyway this is my opinion. Nevertheless no they are not similar if you analyze properly and not look at it superficially. Superficially every ekta's shows are the same :3 it's the character that makes it different.

Aleyamma47 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: anandhi007

So far in season 2 they have tried establishing the new characters and their relationship and equations as a lot has changed in 20 years and so many new characters are introduced. They can't just start with twins revelation and without establishing the characters of the twins and their upbringings etc. It's a tale of abhigya which doesn't necessarily include abhigya at all points. You can write a story about someone without actually bringing them in. And with respect to pranbir moments yes sure initially the fights seemed repetitive but as it went by they have an unique relationship and story themselves. Their love story is nowhere close to abhigya's. And ranbir is nowhere close to abhi. Ranbir is a man with no ego and no male toxicity,he respects prachi and her feelings and her space and doesn't wish to intrude and just hopes she falls in love with him. While abhi never got the concept of personal space even when he thought pragya was married to king. Here Ranbir is okay with prachi falling in love with someone else as long as she is happy and a part of his life. He has made that very clear. How many itv men are like this?

They have done a beautiful job in showing something different and healthy and with respect to kidnapping and bank robbery,all ekta shows have that :3 not just in kkb 1 and 2. So again for them to develop a plot they need to establish the characters. Which they have done now,so they can develop the plot hereafter. In season 1 they didn't do that,so the character arc was pretty confusing. 

And season 2 has barely started so you can't already compare season 2 with season 1 which is over. And in season 1,I feel like it was so repetitive and it was tanu all the time. I hated seeing her face. I like Aliya as a negative lead more than tanu. Anyway this is my opinion. Nevertheless no they are not similar if you analyze properly and not look at it superficially. Superficially every ekta's shows are the same :3 it's the character that makes it different.

You are pointing out only the differences of the character of Ranbir from Abhi. But most of his character is from Abhi: an aspiring rockstar, a flirt, a bit arrogant at times and someone who fights with Prachi for the same reasons as Abhi with Pragya.

So Ranbir is indeed a minion of the season 1 Abhi. 

Yeah for sure we can't compare Season 1 and Season 2, but when seeing most of tracks,  Season 2 is the repetition of Season 1.

For sure, Pranbir, Rhea, Sanju and Arhana; All are good actors in Season 2, but IT IS HIGHLY UNDENIABLE that their characters and STORY is underdeveloped, while not comparing it to Season 1, because as you said all Ekta Kapoor shows are targeted towards Indian housewives, even Season 1 had completely BAKWAAS STORYLINE except in the beginning.

And, I heard in reports, that the writer has decided to RECENTRALIZE Abhigya, due to the falling trps. So doesn't that mean there is something wrong with Season 2?

So, wouldn't it be better if the KKB creators keep the FOCUS ON THE DUSRI PEEDI and give a NON-REPETITIVE track to them which will surely uplift the trps rather than reintroducing Abhigya, because Season 2 has great cast, but ONLY lacks GOOD PLOTLINE!