B R Chopra's Mahabharat

Mahabharat Written Updates 31 Mar 2020

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Mahabharat Written Updates 31 Mar 2020 12 AM

Coronation ceremony of Pandu is held with pomp n ceremony. Satyavati now desires to see the next generation . She wants to see Pandu n Dhritarashtra married n have children . She shares her wishes with Bheeshm who suggests they get the elder son married . He has Gandhar Narash’s daughter Gandhari in mind for Dhritarashtra.

He goes to Gandhar for furthering the alliance . Gandhariaccepts the proposal against the wishes of her father Gandhar Naresh n the Yuvraj of Gandhar Shakuni .

Bheeshm gets Gandhari to Hastinapur n Pandu Gandhari wedding is arranged , shakuni stays beck with his sister .. fuming with rage at this mismatched alliance ..vouchingnti take -his  revenge .

Pandu wins the hand of Kunti at swayamvar n they get married . 
Kunti daughter of Kuntibhoj ...
kunti was blessed by Durvasa Rishi with a mantra that she will have the powers to invoke any God n acquire a son thru him . She as a youngster gets so excited n innocently wants to try the Sacred Mantra ..she invokes Surya God . To her shock Surya devta arrives n has no option but to bless her with a son despite her apology n her  unmarried status .
Surya blesses his son born to Kunti with Kawach kundal that will take care of him n advises her to give up her son soon after birth . She places her son in a basket full of flowers n floats it in the river with a heavy heart.

When Kunti gets married to Pandu she hides about her first born born out of wedlock. 
soon after marriage Pandu goes off to war .

Mahabharat Written Updates 31 Mar 2020 07 PM 

Episode begins with Pandu on a conquering spree and enlarging the borders of his kingdom in all directions .. .,he meets Madra Naresh ..who arrives with his army .. but he does not fight he offers friendship n peace treaty . Pandu accepts friendship with Madra Naresh . He then offers his friend a gift ..it’s his charioteer ..it’s a beautiful woman .. His sister Madreyi his sister .

Pandu then returns to Hastinapur with Madreyi n seeks permission of Kunti to accept her or not . 
On arrival at Hastinapur Kunti gets the news of how Pandu returned after Digvijay .,she his loads of wealth on numerous horses elephants n chariots behind him. Also accompanying him was Madreyi 

Kunti initially feels hurt but then welcomes Madreyi with open arms .satyavati greets n welcomes Pandu on his Digvijay .

Kunti  then gets Madreyi to Amba n Ambalika ..they also pay respects to Gandhari their Jethani . 

At the Raj Sabha Bhishm, Vidur n other mantri advise Pandu to have few days of leisure following his recent battles . Suddenly Pandu has to leave for crushing the attack by Panchal Naresh
 . After Pandu returns ...he is advised to go to Muni ashram n spend few days of leisure with his queens . Pandu hands the responsibility of kingdom to Bheeshm, vidur and the crown to brother Dhritarashtra .

Pandu enjoys the leisurely days at Muni ashram .,while Dhritarashtra’s loves the feel of the emperor’s crown on his head n loves occupying the throne that eluded him in view of his blindness . 

Edited by Sutapasima - 3 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

I can't remember if giving a son was a compulsion in the actual text, anyone remembers kya? I don't feel like reading up abhi. 😆

Sutapasima thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: proteeti

I can't remember if giving a son was a compulsion in the actual text, anyone remembers kya? I don't feel like reading up abhi. 😆

I think it was necessary to give the kingdom an heir ... have not heard of any heiress those days ?. This seems discriminatory to me .. there is no mention of any ruling queens in either Ramayan or Mahabharat ..please correct me if am wrong .

Edited by Sutapasima - 4 years ago
wayward thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Sutapasima

I think it was necessary to give the kingdom an heir ... have not heard of any heiress those days ?. This seems discriminatory to me .. there is no mention of any ruling queens innRamayan or Mahabharat ..please correct me if am wrong .

Haan that's correct. Queens could only hold power as a regent of another King.

But my ques was kinda different. Main poochi ki, Kunti ke vardaan mein was it compulsory to give a bachha, kuch or nahi she could have asked? 😆

Sutapasima thumbnail

Haan that's correct. Queens could only hold power as a regent of another King.

But my ques was kinda different. Main poochi ki, Kunti ke vardaan mein was it compulsory to give a bachha, kuch or nahi she could have asked? 😆

It was a vashikaran mantra ... she knew how to seduce the Gods n get them to impregnate her ...🙈🙈🤭🤭☺️

wayward thumbnail

It was a vashikaran mantra ... she knew how to seduce the Gods n get them to impregnate her ...🙈🙈🤭🤭☺️

Why on earth did she chose a boy I don't understand! Seduce karke kuch bhi maang leti.

Sutapasima thumbnail

Why on earth did she chose a boy I don't understand! Seduce karke kuch bhi maang leti.

Wahi toh mudda hai Pro...

Usne kuch  bhi nahin manga .. she should have used her brains after getting the first son Yudhishthira ... 

May be Arjun would never have  been born ??🤔...may be Draupadi would have been married to Duryodhan ?? 🤣May be Kurukshetra  war wouldn't have happened at all ?? 🤣

wayward thumbnail

Wahi toh mudda hai Pro...

Usne kuch  bhi nahin manga .. she should have used her brains after getting the first son Yudhishthira ... 

May be Arjun would never have  been born ??🤔...may be Draupadi would have been married to Duryodhan ?? 🤣May be Kurukshetra  war wouldn't have happened at all ?? 🤣

Yudi ke baad why? 😕

Sutapasima thumbnail

One heir to the throne is needed isnt it ?? 

And those days daughters were not allowed to rule so one son was  needed... pandu could not consummate because of a curse on him ... so both wives Kunti n Madreyi had to seek help elsewhere  ... 

exception to this was  in Barsana where Radha was the mukhiya of the village .

wayward thumbnail

One heir to the throne is needed isnt it ?? 

And those days daughters were not allowed to rule so one son was  needed... pandu could not consummate because of a curse on him ... so both wives Kunti n Madreyi had to seek help elsewhere  ... 

exception to this was  in Barsana where Radha was the mukhiya of the village .

Ooh that. There's a reason given. Pandu wanted to make sure just in case they lost Yudi, there would be someone to carry on his lineage.

Also, Yudi was born to be the King, and the King needed loyal supporters. Isiliye physically powerful Bheem and exceptionally careful Arjuna were needed.

As for Nakul Sahadev, they were truly the extra cushion. They were born kyunki Madri ko bura laga ke, Kunti had children and she did not. In the serial also she kept saying na that she was not as mahan as Kunti, so she was afraid Kaunteyas would not look after her, so she needed her own kids.

And Radha was never the mukhiya of Barsana. Not even was she anywhere close to that panchayat. Rani was a sweet epithet given to her by her friends and Krishna's.