Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Badshah on Masakali 2.0 : AR Rahman liked my remix of Humma Humma

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Badshah on Masakali 2.0 controversy: AR Rahman liked my remixed version of Humma Humma

Badshah who has written and composed many songs opened up on the Masakali 2.0 and Genda Phool controversy. The actor also spoke on AR Rahman's reaction but revealed his interaction with the music maestro after Humma Humma had released.

BollywoodLife Apr 11, 2020 19:23 PM 

AMP

So, the Masakali 2.0 version has become a controversy official with everyone slamming the recreated version. Recently, Badshah who had come up with Genda Phool that was also dragged into the controversy of plagiarism opened up on the revamped Masakali. In an interview with Mumbai Mirror, Badshah opened up saying that AR Rahman had loved his version of Humma Humma. Also Read - Masakali 2.0 teaser: Sidharth Malhotra and Tara Sutaria flaunt their crackling chemistry in this romantic remake

"Comparisons are inevitable. I loved the Aankh Marey remix more than the original. My 2015 song Wakhra Swag was recently remixed for a film without my knowledge. It worked but I’m still asked to play my version wherever I go," he told Mirror further adding, "We were at an event and he called me from the other end of the room, to say that he really liked my remixed version of Humma Humma."

Advertising

Advertising

The DJ Waley Babu singer who made his acting debut with Khandaani Shafakhana also opened up on the plagiarism controversy of Genda Phool saying, "If it was a case of plagiarism, we would be facing the consequences by now. The original song has been recreated several times in the past, even in Bengali films, and Ratan ji has never been credited. It’s sad because royalties are an artiste’s only source of income. I want to share the royalty of this song with him."

The singer further told the daily that he had spoken to the artiste on a phone call. He went on to add that he had wired the folk singer Rs 5 lakh and also decided to take an initiative along with the music company of educating and encouraging folk artistes to register their work. "In the whole confusion, we discovered Ratanji’s talent. Once the lockdown ends, I’ll meet him and record a song with him,” he added before signing off.

But why not create an original number instead?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I think the main message from Rehman was that remixes are getting annoying now. Yeah he might have liked your one remix but what about all the other songs you’ve butchered? 

Instead of justifying the songs you ripped off, why not just work hard on making original pieces? 

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

🤦🏻‍♂️ galti kardi Arne tareef karke..

Ungli pakdao to haath hi kheechloge wala haal hai..

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Qs to Badshah:

Since he is talking about the music director's perspective, a quick question:

What did Anand-Milind tell about your "Shehar Ki Ladki" remake?

stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

That Masakali song is soooo blah! What an insult to the original!

Siddhart was unbearable! He always looks the same 🤢

Dirdam thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

He better shut up his mouth, this talentless only know how to steal the others work. Ask Ratan Kahar etc 🤢

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Point is enough with ruining original songs. And yes Badshah Shehr ki larki SUCKS