Gandhari being karm se andhi !

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

I am still skeptical why she choose to be blindfolded ? Doesn't she wants her husband to the world through her eyes ?  He was so happy that she would tell and made him feel but did he ? No she became blind too .If she could see the truth but she choose to ignore ! She could have raised her voice at the time of draupadi insult ..But she simply scolded them ..Why ?

Gandhari IMO was a very traditional woman. Her contemporary society placed her below her husband. Therefore, despite being a very wise and knowledgeable lady, she could not break free from the rigid tradition. In their society probably only Draupadi managed to do that.

Gandhari probably felt pressured by the society's notion of an ideal wife, and thought that she did not have the right to be "better" than her husband in any way.

To raise your voice in such a situation like the Dyuta Sabha, it takes a whole lot of courage. Knowledge wasn't the problem with Gandhari. The problem was that she was afraid. She feared people might stop respecting her if she did anything out of the box she was put into.

I do not feel she is to be blamed much. She was merely one of thousands of women whose voice was suppressed under the rigid patriarchy.

At least she tried her best to intervene whenever she could, however she was a human too, and sometimes (like the Dury ko vardaan & Krishna ko curse) her mamata took over, and it happens, hai na! 😳

Edited by proteeti - 3 years ago

I agree with Pro,  she did it out of respect for her husband and her hubby wasn't really dependent on her vision per say instead with his insecurities he'd have felt more offended. 

I also did not understand why gandhari choose to blind when it is not at all   required . 

And I don't  think   when gandhari blind herself it help Dhrishtra in any way in fact he look helpless and confused

Suppose if Dhrishtra was deaf too  that what would have gandhari  done . Then she would  put  cotton in her ears too for whole life just to please her husband I think

Edited by surabhi01 - 3 years ago

Originally posted by surabhi01

I also did not understand why gandhari choose to blind when it is not at all   required . 

And I don't  think   when gandhari blind herself it help Dhrishtra in any way in fact he look helpless and confused

Suppose if Dhrishtra was deaf too  that what would have gandhari  done . Then she would  put  cotton in her ears too for whole life just to please her husband I think

Exactly if she wants to help she shouldn't have to do this . And we must not forget she blame krishna for murdering his sons . She was covering her son's deed too like she covered her eyes .

Yes gandhari was possesive  about her children  . And after Mahabharata war she untie clothes from her eyes. Why  ? Just to save her only son duryodhan  . In fact  gandhari never  care about her son misdeeds  but she only fear she will loose her sons 

Originally posted by surabhi01

Yes gandhari was possesive  about her children  . And after Mahabharata war she untie clothes from her eyes. Why  ? Just to save her only son duryodhan  . In fact  gandhari never  care about her son misdeeds  but she only fear she will loose her sons 

Yess which shows selfishness ...

Gandhari was dumb to do it for sake of a man she never saw before marriage. God gives one life but she chose to ruin it by shutting her eyes and agreeing to marry someone without knowing him. Who gave her rights to ruin her life like this? She did not even agreed to see him when Drith himself told her to see how her husband looks and tell him about beauties of nature by seeing them. It was mean on her part than being pativrata. She giving wrong message to all women to marry anyone before knowing him. 

Edited by angel_juhi04 - 3 years ago