Naagin 3

'It is very overwhelming and they have all been so generous'

Lunamovas thumbnail
Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Amid the coronavirus crisis, we saw the debut music video of popular TV star Surbhi Jyoti releasing yesterday and it opened to a great response on social media. Titled Aaj Bhi, the song also features Ali Fazal and is crooned by talented singer Vishal Mishra. Opening up on the success of the track and emerging as an instant favourite of the music lovers, Surbhi told PinkVilla, "It is very overwhelming and they have all been so generous, they have not only been posting about the song, but they are also messaging me. So it isn't that people are just doing it out of courtesy because people have to post each other's work, I have been receiving messages that say that the song is genuinely good so that is the true win-win situation you know. They have posted about it, they have listened to the song, and people are liking it." Also Read - Qubool Hai: Gul Khan shares BTS of a romantic scene between Surbhi Jyoti and Karan Singh Grover, and reveals why it took them the longest to shoot

Talking about the experience of shooting her first music video, Surbhi Jyoti quoted, "I said yes because the song is very beautiful, and it is a very soulful song. I have liked Vishal (the singer) since Kabir Singh's time because since then, he has gotten very famous. So when I heard the song, I could picture myself in the song and then I got very lucky with the team. Ali Fazal was a treat to work with, and the director Gurmmeet Singh is my favourite from the shoot because he is a sweetheart and he is really very sweet. The entire DOP and director team is that of Mirzapur, and there is Ali too, who is a part of the series, so for me, I got really lucky to be a part of such a strong team, and of course, Vishal is very talented and one of the top singers today. So yea, der aye, durust aye (smiles)."

Also Read - Aaj Bhi song: Ali Fazal - Surbhi Jyoti's sizzling chemistry is an additional treat in this soul-stirring number

When asked whether releasing at the lockdown period will help the song to get an advantage, Surbhi replied, "Absolutely. I was very excited for the launch of the video, and I had spoken to my designers you know that I will wear this on this day, and this outfit at that place, but everything just came to a halt because of the lockdown. However, the team decided that right now is the time to release the video and everyone is at home anyway, so we might as well just give them something to watch, and I think it was the right decision." Also Read - Ali Fazal and Surbhi Jyoti bond over movies and food

So, have you liked Aaj Bhi? Tweet and let us know @bollywood_life.