*A Piece Of My Heart* - PreRish FF (Link to new thread:PG1)

Posted: 3 years ago

Hi Guys! 

I am Manjari. I am new to India-forums & I really love writing. My style of writing is a little different I believe & I hope you all will enjoy reading this fiction as much as I enjoyed writing it. Do leave a comment behind with feedback. Looking forward to getting to know your views. 

My writing is completely original and has no relevance to the TV show the characters are extracted from. The character sketch is different & so are the relations they share. I have used familiar characters from the show to make it easier for you to imagine the writing. 

Just a few clarifications before going forward:

1) All Text in Italics is a monologue in the character's head. Expressing his/her thoughts.

2) Every time there is a scene chance there will be *** sign.

3) Flashbacks are marked separately. 

Any & all feedback & suggestions are absolutely welcome! Happy Reading :)

PLOT

A Piece of Your Heart revolves around the lives and love of Rishabh Bajaj, a smart businessman, & Dr. Prerna Sharma, a practicing therapist & PhD in Clinical Psychology. The concept of love is very new to them. Prerna only understands it in theory & Rishabh struggles to express his feelings right. A fun filled & intense love story portraying love, friendship & peace. How love comes & changes their lives and redefines the meaning of peace & friendship. 

A simple yet beautiful journey to explore love & the pain that comes with it.

INDEX

Prologue - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153167563

Chapter 1 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153167569

Chapter 2 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153167629

Chapter 3 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153176709

Chapter 4 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153189378

Chapter 5 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153202326

Chapter 6 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153202343

Chapter 7 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153217192

Chapter 8 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153251851

Chapter 9 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153348968

Chapter 10 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153361414

Chapter 11 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153386029

LINK TO NEW THREAD - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5166443

Edited by MrsRishabhBajaj - 3 years ago

PROLOGUE

Nobody ever asks how a man is feeling. Why are we always expected to be strong? I don’t want to be strong. Rishabh pressed the accelerator harder. It was 10pm on a Friday night and he was having a rough week. He just wanted to reach home and lie down. He sighed realizing that he would have to go back to an empty house, an empty room, with his empty heart. He wished she would call him. He hoped she would miss him. He knew she didn’t. 

Meanwhile, not so far away, Dr. Prerna Sharma sat by her window looking out at the moon- sipping hot coffee & reading ‘Flow: The Psychology Of Happiness by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.’ She was in her own deep thoughts. How do you help someone find their happiness? She had had a rough week too. So many patients came to her, she wanted to help everyone, she was good at it too. Everyone has a choice. How can I help them see that? It is their choice to be happy. They just have to take a small step decide. Mr. Mehra has a wonderful life. His wife loves him, his two daughters are growing up & he has a wonderful business. Why is that not enough reason to be happy? What is this desire for something more? Why does he feel so empty? She was lost in the lives of her patients not realising that her coffee was now cold and her mother stood right behind her. 

“Priyu! Yeh koi time hai coffee peene ka? Neend kese ayegi beta?” Her mother scolded, snapping Prerna out of her thoughts. 

“Sona kise hai maa? Abhi toh kaam baaki hai!” She said sighing again. 

“Bas kar beta, ese bhi poore din clinic mein hoti hai, fir raat ko aate hi kitaabo mein kho jaati hai. Apne liye waqt kab nikalegi?” 

“Yeh waqt bhi toh mera hi hai, aur kitaab bhi.” She smirked. 

Her mother rolled her eyes. “Bekaar hai tumse behes karna.”

“Toh mat karo na. Achi maa ke tarah jaake so jao.” She said getting up to hug her mother goodnight. 

I wish I could show you how proud I am of you. But this worries me too. You’re always working. When will you take out time for your life. You’re always so engrossed in the lives and problems of your clients, what about your life? Who is helping you out with that. When will you snap out of your books and find a partner who will hold your hand & be by your side in sickness and in health. Veena thought.

Veena hugged Prerna tightly and kissed her goodnight. She loved her only daughter so much. Prerna knew that her mother constantly worried about her. But what Veena didn’t know was that Prerna was drowned in work so she didn’t have to worry about him. He had already caused her enough trouble. 

Chapter 1: Miss Psycho

Prerna quickly finished an apple in the car. She had her first appointment at 10 am. She wanted to be on time. It was 9:45 and she pressed the accelerator a little harder to make it on time. 

At 10:03 she entered her clinic. “Good Morning Ma’am!” Shivani chirped. “Morning!” Prerna smiled at her and acknowledged the client sitting in the waiting room. “Hi, sorry I am late, let’s begin?” She said courteously. 

“Late?” Rishabh smirked. “It’s just 10:05.” 

“Mr. Rishabh Bajaj, I have been waiting for you since 9:00. I am not your staff.” Anurag said rolling his eyes.

“Only in theory.” Rishabh smirked. 

“Kya matlab?” He asked narrowing his eyes. 

“Matlab tu school mein mera homework karta tha, college mein mere assignments & ab—” 

“Ab main esa kuch nahi karunga!” Anurag said stopping him. 

“Yeah yeah, ab toh you’ve done your masters from Cambridge, baap ka business sambhal raha hai. Ab kaha mere liye kuch karega?” he said feigning sadness. 

“Stop your drama and breakfast karo, I haven’t eaten anything subah se.” Anurag said looking at the menu. 

The two childhood friends laughed as they ordered food. No matter how busy they got, they always ended up making time for each other.  

“Anyway, I met her again 2 weeks back, she is still so beautiful.” Mr. Rohan Singh, a 30 year old, said. A small smile had crept up on his face. 

Prerna was touched but didn’t let any emotion surface. She had to keep a straight face. Rohan had a girlfriend back in college whom he wanted to marry. But because her father didn’t approve of him he had taken a step back. The girl had wanted him to. So he did. Now he was happily married with another but saw his girlfriend again the other day. Old memories crept up and he didn’t know what to do with those feelings and memories.

“Do you still, by any chance, love her?” Prerna asked. 

“No doctor, I love Naina, my wife. I am happy in life. But these memories have resurfaced and somewhere deep down I have a curiosity to know what happened with her. I want to know how she is & what she is upto.”

“I believe that’s natural. So what’s the problem?” 

“I don’t know. I am just confused. I don’t want to lie to my wife & if I tell her she will definitely read too much into it and it will create a scene. You know how far I’ve come. You have seen how long I took to come to terms with my life.” 

“and you’re coming to me with this because..?” 

“For help on how to get these curious thoughts out of my mind. I want to forget. I can’t do this.”

“Only if there was a medicine for that.” She mumbled under her breath. “See, Rohan, you can’t just forget. Firstly, I am glad that you’re so clear in your brain about your feelings and also to see that you wouldn’t lie to your wife. Now, I don’t see how I can help you except for saying that stop assuming how your wife will react and maybe tell her the things you just told me. Sometimes we care about another person so much that we want to protect them from everything. But what we forget really is who are we protecting them from? Us or the truth? Isn’t hiding these feelings already lying to your wife? Maybe she would understand, maybe she won’t. Maybe you can take her with you and meet your ex. You just want to know what’s up with her right? Your wife can be there for that. Show trust and faith in her and she will show faith in you.” 

Rohan sat there silently. Prerna gave him time. Something old had just crept up in her mind too. She tried hard to push it down. I couldn’t get him out of my head too after our first conversation.  

**Flashback**

2 Years Ago

“Ma’am we have a spare seat in business class. You are eligible for a free upgrade. Would you like one?” The flight attendant asked at the check in counter. Prerna’s eyes shot up in excitement. “Yes, ofcourse.” She jumped. Who would refuse a free upgrade. This almost never happens. What luck! She thanked her stars and put her earplugs back on as she walked towards security check. 

She found her seat immediately. It was her first time in business class. She looked at the man who sat on the window seat. He was intently looking at his phone. She settled down and pulled out her book. She switched her phone off and pushed it into her purse. The flight took off and Prerna couldn’t be more at peace. 

“Psychology, interesting!” She heard the man say. She smiled at the stranger and nodded. 

“Can I ask you a question? If you don’t mind.” He said.

“Ofcourse.” She replied. Ready to talk to her first real client. 

“Aren’t you too beautiful to be a psycho?” 

Prerna’s eyes widened as she stared unbelievably at the stranger. She frowned. “So innovative.” She said sarcastically. 

“I’m sorry but I was just being honest. Don’t they teach you not to hurt people’s feelings in psycho class?”

Prerna rolled her eyes. “They taught us how to look through a person’s bullshit in class.” 

“Oh really? So you can see through me?” 

“Yes.”

“Okay, Ms. Psycho, tell me something about myself.” 

Prerna narrowed her eyes. She knew she had fallen for the most obvious question. Why did I have to respond. Now I have to waste my time answering his questions.

“You are only irritating me because we no longer have internet on the flight and you can’t do what you were doing on your phone anymore.” This was the best she could come up with. 

The stranger smiled. “Or,” he said turned towards and her and looking deep into her eyes, “I am not on my phone because I am sitting next to a beautiful girl whose name I would love to know.”

Prerna gulped. She wasn’t used to this. Should I just give him my name? No. I won’t. Why should I? But he isn’t bad looking himself and quite charming too. Okay first stop smiling. Prerna straightened up. 

“Okay, I’ll go first.” He said. “I am Rishabh Bajaj.” He extended his hand to hold hers.

She shrugged. “Prerna Sharma.” She shook hands and pulled her hand back nervously. 

CHAPTER 2: Drunken Love

Rishabh laid in bed that night and took out that photo he had. He stared at her like he did every night, admiring her beauty. “Call me, will you!” he grumbled to himself. “How much longer will I have to wait, Miss Psycho?” He smiled slightly.

He cherished the little time they spent together. But it still hurt. The emptiness which never bothered him before he had met her. Before he took that flight.

**Flashback**

He had just finished reading his mail when he looked up at his co-passenger in the flight. Her eyes were glued to a book. He looked back at his phone. He was bored. No more mails. Nothing much to do. He grinned. Let’s have some fun.

“Psychology, interesting!” He said. She looked up at him almost snapping out of her thoughts realising she was on a flight. He grinned.

“Can I ask you a question? If you don’t mind.” He asked.

“Ofcourse.” She replied keenly. My charm is so undeniable.

“Aren’t you too beautiful to be a psycho?”

He watched her as she glared. Bullseye! He thought.

“So innovative.” She said sarcastically.

“I’m sorry but I was just being honest. Don’t they teach you not to hurt people’s feelings in psycho class?” He looked at her trying to understand what type she was but couldn’t reach a conclusion yet.

Prerna rolled her eyes. “They taught us how to look through a person’s bullshit in class.”

“Oh really? So you can see through me?” Oversmart & Blunt. Not my type.He thought.

“Yes.”

“Okay, Ms. Psycho, tell me something about myself.” Let’s prove her wrong & tease her a little.

“You are only irritating me because we no longer have internet on the flight and you can’t do what you were doing on your phone anymore.”

Rishabh couldn’t believe it. ON POINT. He thought. Wow, now I have to know more.

“Or,” he said turned towards and her and looking deep into her eyes, “I am not on my phone because I am sitting next to a beautiful girl whose name I would love to know.”

Rishabh knew what he was doing. He had done this many times.

“Okay, I’ll go first.” He said. “I am Rishabh Bajaj.” He extended his hand to hold hers.

“Prerna Sharma.” She said.

Prerna Psycho Sharma. He registered. Something about her was quite amusing.

“So Miss Psycho,” he continued. It was quite visible from her face that she was getting irritated by the word psycho so he continued to use it. “What is taking you to Goa?”

“Why?”

“And you can’t mind your own business because?”

“Has a client ever told you the same thing?” Rishabh laughed. The irritation was so clear in her voice. It made the experience all the more fun.

“Very funny!” She said turning away and opening her book again. She tried hiding her face in the book. Rishabh smiled seeing that. Cute. He thought.

“Acha listen naa, sorry. I won’t irritate you anymore.” He said with utmost sincerity.

She slowly looked at him over her book.

“You were right, I was quite bored. But now I’ll behave. I promise.”

She gave his words a second thought and shut her book.

“My friend is getting married in Goa.” She said.

“No kidding! Mine too!”

“Tamanna & Akash?” She asked.

“Oh god yes!” He was surprised. “What a small world!”

She smiled.

“By the way, can I ask you a serious question?”

She looked at him sceptically. Then nodded.

“How did you know what my reason was to talk to you?” He really was intrigued.

She grinned. “You didn’t once look up until you finished what you were doing. You glanced at me when I entered but continued with your work. If you really thought I was beautiful you would have looked twice. Its general psychology. People have to look twice at something pleasing to the eye to actually completely register it.”

“But you are beautiful” He blurted. He was quite serious this time. He didn’t know what made him say that but he said it anyway. And as she looked into his eyes she knew he was speaking from his heart. It was their first moment. He couldn’t take his eyes off her. He couldn’t understand why he couldn’t or did he just not want to?

Miss Psycho you could understand everything I didn’t want to tell you but when it was time to actually use your super skills how could you not understand?

He shut his eyes and kept that photo back in the drawer. He knew he should move on. He knew he had a hundred options every day. He knew he could be happy with someone else too. But he didn’t want to be. He wanted her. He wanted to feel her presence one more time.

He opened his eyes. He couldn’t sleep. He made himself a drink. He then made another. Then a third. And when he could no longer keep track of how many he pegs he had drank he sat in his car and drove on. He stopped at the same place. He looked up at her window. He knew which one it was because she had waved from there a million times. He could see her there. Her hair up in a bun. Her eyes staring out into the sky. A book in her hands. He finally felt at peace. He watched her. He looked at the same moon and smiled. He finally felt her presence.

Everything was okay in that moment. It just was. Just looking at her made things okay. Why was it like that? Who knew. He didn’t want to go into the deductions. He just wanted to feel the peace. He just wanted to look into those eyes again. Every time he was drunk or upset he came here to look at her. Some days she wouldn’t be sitting on her window. Those days he waited for a moment. He hoped for a moment & then drove off disappointed.

Once he saw her crying near the window. He wanted to console her. He wanted to ask her what was wrong but he knew he had lost all the right to. He watched her intently. He shed a tear. She wiped her tears and went back inside. He wiped his and drove home.

Awwieee!! How cute !! 

Ek dum sahi socha tha Prerna ne when Rishabh asked her the question. She is smart 😎

He is irritating her on purpose 😆

He can feel her pain already 🥺

Continue soon Manjiri. It’s a great start and this is your first story. Amazing 👏🤗

Originally posted by Niyati_T

Awwieee!! How cute !! 

Ek dum sahi socha tha Prerna ne when Rishabh asked her the question. She is smart 😎

He is irritating her on purpose 😆

He can feel her pain already 🥺

Continue soon Manjiri. It’s a great start and this is your first story. Amazing 👏🤗

Hi Niyati 🤗

Thank you so much! It's very encouraging to get feedback on your writing. 

So the story will proceed on two planes. Something happened a few years back because of which Prerna left him. Now he wants redemption. But what happened you'll get to know real soon!

Originally posted by MrsRishabhBajaj

Hi Niyati 🤗

Thank you so much! It's very encouraging to get feedback on your writing. 

So the story will proceed on two planes. Something happened a few years back because of which Prerna left him. Now he wants redemption. But what happened you'll get to know real soon!

Waiting to know that 

Gripping! 

First two chapters were delightful and I'm so eager to read what transpired two years ago. 

Originally posted by Wistfulness

Gripping! 

First two chapters were delightful and I'm so eager to read what transpired two years ago. 

I am so glad you enjoyed the episodes. I am just finishing the chapter and will post by tomorrow for sure 😃

Wow... The first two chapters are so good... ❤️ please update soon😍😍😍