Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aquaHP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I had read what was happening in the episodes but hadn't watched them. I decided to finally give in and see the story for myself. Even though I know where the story is going to go, I thought I will type out the things that stood out for me in each episode. Posting them here because this AT is home for my thoughts and I love the discussions that happen here. Also, because I don't have the mental strength to keep defending and explaining my opinions out there. #YouPeopleGetMe❤️.

S2 E1

Mishti's dream: 

> The first thing that stood out for me Abir's attitude when he was cooking those noodles or rather flambe-ing the pan. Something was definitely off. He doesn't usually talk like that with anyone, let alone Jugnu.

> Kuhu's outfit! Obviously! Kaveri looked gorgeous in that dull gold/bronze-ish outfit

> Parallel time! Abir takes a picture of Parul and Kuhu like Mishti did for Kunal and Parul. Cute!

> Mishti's blouse because I don't think Rhea has worn that kind of spaghetti strap style outfit in this show.

> The idols that were given by Meenu. They were Ram and Sita idols from what I could see. I'm probably (definitely!) reading too much into this but I feel there is a significance. Anyone have theories?

> Last but not the least, Mishti's panic. Mishti wants to share everything because she thinks that is the solution to everything (which she is probably right about) but Abir says, "kisi ko kuchh bataane ki zaroorat nahi hai". Even though I know what is going to happen aage, I want to give Abir the leeway for this episode because abhi setup ho rahi hai story. Why does he think there is no need for anyone to know the truth? Sab kaise theek ho jaayega?

MA scenes: 

> The dori about which there were too many lines of shayari. The shayari basically translated to "We will always stay with each other no matter what the circumstances" and a few lines were about how they will bring back happiness and that they will paint the sky with rainbow colours using THIS dori. If anyone has a better understanding, please enlighten me.

> Abir misses his family, Mishti feels responsible for keeping him away because of the "galti" she did. (Will discuss the said galti when I reach that episode). She starts packing as soon as she finds out the lockdown is over. She even looks happy doing it but then, Abir comes and questions her and she becomes sad and starts convincing herself to be strong and do this for Abir's sake. So, my guess is she was happy because Abir would be happy with this decision? My major takeaway from this episode was that Mishti doesn't trust that the family would support her. It's not really a new discovery as she always takes steps that shows that she doesn't believe her family would trust her without proof. We saw major examples of that during the Baba track. Abir ka toh we already know that he doesn't trust anyone.

> I think Mishti really wants to live separately with Abir but wo home-breaker ka tag shake off karna is too much responsibility and also, she knows how much Abir loves his family but I guess what they both haven't realised is that as much as Abir loves his family, he probably doesn't want to live live with them. He would be better off having few meals in the house and spending time there regularly but not really having to follow the rules of RVS or the responsibilities. 

> NGO ka kaam bina NGO jaaye kaise ho raha hai? If that is possible toh ghar pe reh kar bhi kar sakte the. Just trying to say that I don't see the logic in that excuse and that is probably why Meenu thinks that they decided to live separately because the excuse was so weak.

> "Kuhu mujhe villain bahu ka tag de degi" - I'm guessing she used to use lines like these on a daily basis for light humour or to keep in touch with reality but it started building up Abir's paranoia, after all he is supposed to be the care-giver (FYI: Mental health term) in Mishti's case. (I've seen this happen in real life but not at the level which Abir will reach in the coming episodes.)

RV Sadan Scenes:

> Oh Kuhu! Apni ladki is so sad because, as Meera had mentioned in a previous post, the link connecting her to this house i.e. Kunal is not answering her calls, or even calling her back. She is basically talking to his voicemail. (TCC peeps: She is not receiving any voicemails from his side. I don't know why we thought she did or was I the only who thought so?). Why would you do that to her, Kunal?? You can't take out 5mins to talk to your amazingly supportive wife?! Come on, dude!

> In all of the scenes, Kuhu was so happy that she will get to see her Abir bro back and that Mishti will come back to the house and not be on this 3-month honeymoon while Kunal is stuck in, as Sam says, phoren. 

> Meenu ko dekh kar genuinely itna bura laga mujhe. She was so sad that her son also left her, and that without a proper explanation. All she had ever wanted was Abir to stay close to her and behave like the bada beta of the house but alas! 

> I love seeing Parul and Meenu be each other's BFFs and that is what we saw in that last scene where Parul wishes to call Abir to remind him of Meenu's birthday and Meenu knows that if she won't make her promise, she would make the call for her sake. How I love seeing 2 women have each others' back!

Edited by aquaHP - 3 years ago
aquaHP thumbnail

Damn! I had forgotten what amazing actors they both are. The video below gave me one heck of a reminder.

Love the concept of this video!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC3J-EMhNUi/?igshid=3zk26pkzx23j

What a parallel!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC3Pua_BNqe/?igshid=qb7dwlbz1hzb

P.D.S thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

@Aqua

The flashback insta post reminded me of all the times Kunal insulted Kuhu, he used her and broke her heart. The more I remember, the more I'm disappointed at the fact that he's never properly apologised to her (correct me if I'm wrong). We understand that Kunal has now 'accepted' Kuhu, for lack of a better word and Kuhu was never a 'victim', she gave it back every single time. But Kunal was horrible, really horrible and sometimes I can't see things from his pov.

I was always under the impression that KuKu had conversations through voicemail. I didn't realise she's responding to his one voicemail. Makes me wonder if Kuhu might've told Kunal about the pill fiasco on the way back from the resort and his response is to avoid her as much as possible.

aquaHP thumbnail

Originally posted by: PureDrivenSnow

@Aqua

The flashback insta post reminded me of all the times Kunal insulted Kuhu, he used her and broke her heart. The more I remember, the more I'm disappointed at the fact that he's never properly apologised to her (correct me if I'm wrong). We understand that Kunal has now 'accepted' Kuhu, for lack of a better word and Kuhu was never a 'victim', she gave it back every single time. But Kunal was horrible, really horrible and sometimes I can't see things from his pov.

I was always under the impression that KuKu had conversations through voicemail. I didn't realise she's responding to his one voicemail. Makes me wonder if Kuhu might've told Kunal about the pill fiasco on the way back from the resort and his response is to avoid her as much as possible.

Not going to lie. I'm trying to remember all our discussions but more importantly, the episodes. I know I have already said this quite a few times but my memory sucks so much right now and I absolutely hate it. I used to be a person who had amazing memory and now, I don't anymore and that is really very jarring and annoying at the same time. (Sorry! I needed to get that out)

We had come to the understanding that Kunal had liked Kuhu since he met her on that deserted road after Holi. Kuhu brought out the Kunal that liked to tease and flirt and was maybe lost after Shweta broke up with him. He decided to put his friendship on stake with her for Meenu's plan to keep Mishti away from Abir (we saw that in the scene before the RVs go on to stop Kuhu's rishta with Australia return Saurabh). Blah..blah..blah.. marriage happens...he reveals the truth...feels super guilty and wants to leave Kuhu so that he doesn't have to live with the guilt of deceiving her (He mentions to Meenu that she ruined both their lives and then went on to fix MA's rishta). Before handing her the divorce papers, we saw quite a few scenes where he behaved normally and was cordial with Kuhu when his anger/guilt calmed down. The divorce papers were final nail when he realised that there was no other way to stop MA from uniting and saving his brother. (I'm sorry for narrating the whole story. I'm remembering things as I am typing.)

Just going to list out events now: KC...acceptance of the fact that MA are going to get married...MA GD scenes☺️...Card ceremony scene where Kuhu says that she wished he would have given their relationship another chance too which we see him giving after the leap... amazing angsty scenes...birth truth...Kunal goes into Nanko mode making Kuhu feel alone and making her realise that the divorce is his second (or even, last) priority because first priority is always Bhai...haldi scenes...divorce reveal...decision to get married again...marriage...romantic and jerk moments (leaving Kuhu at multiple occasions to be a spectator in his Bhai's life)...pill fiasco... Kuhu's birthday...holi and resort. 

Okay, so what we had understood from all of this was that Kunal sees husband-wife as a single unit and since, in his eyes, he himself has been the last priority so Kuhu takes a similar place which is basically after everyone's happiness is taken care of. Kuhu has definitely been the most badass, flawed, and super-amazing human being. The only thing she wanted from this relationship was some effort from Kunal's side which we didn't really see him put in. He didn't involve her in decisions that would indirectly affect her life. So yeah, he still needs to redeem himself big time because he is not forgiven! And if he still keeps taking her for granted, he deserves to be left alone with his work, and Kuhu should get another guy who sees what an amazing soul she is and treats her like the queen she is! 

P.S. if it wasn't clear before, I will clearly state it now that I am so so annoyed at Kunal for taking this girl for granted who stood by him and his family whenever he needed her. 

P.P.S. I was thinking the same about her telling him about the pills but I think Meera told us during the LU that she might not have when Abir questioned her. I am yet to see that episode so can't say anything for sure.

peacenfun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I think Kuhu is not that stupid to be calling him everyday & telling/ranting to him about almost everything if alls not well between them

so until there is a huge misunderstanding, Kuhu contacting Kunal daily in response to his just 1 voice-mail in 3 months doesnt make sense

I mean Kunal must be responding to her rants atleast sometimes thats what has made her keep going in her responsibilities towards the house else she would have been atleast annoyed at him 

currently her only complaint from Kunal is that he is busy & unsure about his return

P.D.S thumbnail

Originally posted by: peacenfun

I think Kuhu is not that stupid to be calling him everyday & telling/ranting to him about almost everything if alls not well between them

so until there is a huge misunderstanding, Kuhu contacting Kunal daily in response to his just 1 voice-mail in 3 months doesnt make sense

I mean Kunal must be responding to her rants atleast sometimes thats what has made her keep going in her responsibilities towards the house else she would have been atleast annoyed at him 

currently her only complaint from Kunal is that he is busy & unsure about his return

He may not necessarily be not talking to her. They may well be on talking terms but he still could be mad at her. Kuhu voice messaging everyday could be a way for Kuhu to bring a sense of normalcy and move on. 🤷

P.D.S thumbnail

@Aqua:

Thanks for reminding me how we have come to see Kunal.

Sometimes, I'm clouded by Kuhu's pain and suffering, especially when I see some of the edits out there, that I go back to being really mad a Kunal.

There's so much potential with these two. I just hope cv's can do a little justice. Itna bhi kaafi hoga.

peacenfun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I just cant stop laughing🤣🤣🤣

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC5ajnHh7fj/

aquaHP thumbnail

Originally posted by: PureDrivenSnow

@Aqua:

Thanks for reminding me how we have come to see Kunal.

Sometimes, I'm clouded by Kuhu's pain and suffering, especially when I see some of the edits out there, that I go back to being really mad a Kunal.

There's so much potential with these two. I just hope cv's can do a little justice. Itna bhi kaafi hoga.

No worries! I guess it's just much easier for us to relate with Kuhu and that is why we forget that Kunal has had his fair share of growing up to do as well. 

IKR?!! There is so much potential and unpredictability in their story. I kind of like that there is still so much about them for us to discover that we can't really predict their story. It is what has kept me hooked.

Re. voicemail: I am not really sure if she is replying to a single voicemail or whatever. I feel his voicemails have become her ranting space. She rants about everything that she can't say out loud to someone. Who knows if he even listens to those or not. I think Snow's guess might be right that Kuhu told him about the pills fiasco but I also think they must've made up because Kuhu would be really worried about her marriage otherwise. We'll have to wait and watch for what happened between the two of them. 

That being said, it could be as simple as what Sam said on TCC yesterday, "Kunal is probably lonely and overworked and doesn't have the emotional capacity for Kuhu's venting. Kuhu is also lonely and overworked and doesn't have much to say to Kunal except for venting".

journalgirl321 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Can we just talk about that scene when Jasmeet Chachi came in today and Kuhu almost instantly broke down?? 🥺It's scenes like this that make me wonder, how can people not see that Kuhu isn't the complete villain that everyone loves to hate? How can people not see her motivations? How are people completely unwilling to empathize with how she feels, and how are people unable to put themselves in her shoes and see things the way she sees them?

I've always believed that trust is built with someone who shares things with you. I personally cannot trust someone who I confide in, but when it comes to their life, they never confide in me. It makes me feel cut off and somewhat embarrassed, truth be told. Like, I shared something with you, so why do you not think of me as important enough to share something with me? I believe that this is where Kuhu's distrust of Mishti comes from, especially now, when so much of what Mishti is doing is affecting the family dynamic greatly, and she isn't even letting Kuhu in on what's wrong. 

The argument that Mishti can't trust Kuhu to tell her this secret of hers, because Kuhu will turn it around and use it against her is frankly bogus, in my opinion. Yes, she is extremely protective of her position in the family, and she wants recognition for her work, but that doesn't make her void of compassion and empathy. She is the same Kuhu that swallowed her feelings for Kunal when his rishta went to Mishti. She is the same Kuhu that comforted and supported Mishti after Abir broke up with her, she is the same Kuhu that bent over backwards to get Mishti and Abir back together, and she is the same Kuhu that, after learning of Meenakshi's stunt that got Parul in jail, forgave Abir for not showing up to meet Mishti. Her character did not do a 360-degree turn. Her feelings of resentment and distrust were just built up over three months of Mishti and Abir's absence, and the absence of the one person that would normally give her a sense of security. But how would anyone know that? We've been given a deep insight on what Mishti and Abir went through for three months, but apart from the occasional tear or two from Kuhu, were we ever given background on what the past three months were like for Kuhu? No. So instead, we were left to fill in the blanks. And if someone started off liking Kunal and Kuhu, chances are they were more optimistic about this. But if someone didn't, chances are they filled in the blanks with a picture that painted Kuhu in the most negative light possible in order to fit the current narrative that the show is apparently trying to sell. 

So I guess my question is, what is the intent when it comes to Kuhu's character? It's interesting to think about, because the writers seem determined on not making her a character that completely alienates the entirety of the audience, but at the same time, they've pushed her to a brink that seems almost irredeemable.