MayRa OS- Late Nights with Rudy

Posted: 3 years ago

MayRa OS- Late Nights with Rudy

Rudra sighed. Honestly, he had no idea why he did this job? His part-time comedy gigs and part-time acting in YouTube sketches worked well for him, well enough to share a flat with his over the top, out but never going in the closet, or shutting up, flatemate, Rajeev and he could order in food and may not tip the delivery boy, but at least he didn't have to sacrifice his tea every morning, but yet, here he was at, at 3.34 in the night, playing some sad old Bollywood track for God knows whom!

"Hope you liked the song by Gulzar saahab, Tujhse naaraz nahi hai zindagi, and if you wish to hear a song or make a dedication, do call on 0832 2*****9, this is your night owl, RJ Rudra! Coming up next is one of my favorites, Yaar bina chain," He half yelled in the mike, over-enthusiastically and was about to press play when the phone rang.

Surprised, he received it.

"Hello," He fumbled, still not believing that this call was happening. No one called at this hours, becuase, Mumbai, though the city that never sleeps, was definately yeh city that doesn't call RJs at effing 3.30 in the night!

"Hi," A soft, and slightly sensual feminine voice spoke from the other side and Rudra fell in love with the voice. If his future wife doesn't sound like that, he is leaving the alter. Ok, a tad bit dramatic, but the voice was just, magic!

"Hello, mam, this is Late Nights with Rudy, May I know your name?"

"Hi, I am Maya," Rudra couldn't control a chuckle that escaped him and immediately face palmed in regret.

"Is there a problem?" The offense in her voice was very evident.

"Oh no, of course not, it is just that your name suits your voice, and it's a beautiful name!"

"Are you flirting with me on air, Mr. Roy?"

She laughed breezily and Rudra was turned on. No, seriously! He was turned on!

"I would like to listen to Raakh, by Arjit Singh,"

"Sure Maya, and who is this song for?"

"Just anyone and everyone unlucky when it comes to getting their love accepted,"

"That is very beautifully put," He smiled as he searched for the song and another laughter escaped him.

"Mr. Roy, is there any other problem?"

"It's on my playlist, seems like we both empathize with incomplete love stories, Ms. Maya,"

"It's a beautiful song,"

"Indeed it is, coming right up, Raakh, sung by Arjit Singh and written by Vayu,"

As the song played in the background, he thought of his brother, who had to break up with his ex-girlfriend because of differences in their class and texted a small, "Love you brother," message. He wasn't really sure what the message would do, but he hoped that Rishi would know how much he loved him and would be with him.

"That was Raakh, folks, and the clock is slowly ticking to 4, so if you are awake, not sleepy, struggling to complete your script or your assignment and feel some music will help you, call me on 0832 2*****9, till then listen to Tera Mujhse hai Pehle ka naata koi,"

The call escaped Rudra's mind as he dressed up. He was finally playing the second lead in a web series and knew that it was a real boost for his career, that of a comic or an actor,  he wasn't sure.

"Rudra, I would like you to meet someone," Ananya, the director, and the producer of the web series walked up to him and he would have died of heart attack because of the way she sneaked up if not for the mirror.

"This is Maya Jaisingh, the screenplay writer," She pointed at the lady dressed in a pink floral dress who smiled at him. He shook hands with her.

"I love the script," He smiled.

"Thanks," She said and turned and before he knew, was leaving the vanity he shared with the famous comedian, and part-time pain in the ass, Vikram.

The voice, it was that soft, and slightly sensual feminine voice that had turned him on yesterday. Uff! This shoot was going to be more fun than he initially thought.

Edited by _._shibani_._ - 3 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

I have no idea what I have written, all I know is that it's 2.34 am and pitch dark outside and that I should be sleeping.

Idk how Mumbai radio and the calls work, but here we are.

My special biases to Raakh are here too, I know, but I was listening to the song while writing this, sorry.

Like/comment and do let me know if I should continue writing at 2 in the night or just sleep and give my brain some rest. 

A very interesting parallel universe you created with the char! 

I would like to know more about the reason for choosing the this premise for the char esp for Rudra...

And if at 2am you can write such wonderful story then you might have to stay up more nights to give us such fun and interesting writeups.(just kidding)

Please gets some sleep and rest!

Thank you for your efforts.

P.S- loved the inclusions of the selected songs including Raakh a good meeting point of Mayra!

Superb as always shibz ..πŸ‘

Beautiful πŸ‘πŸΌ

While reading the scenes were literally playing in my mind.. 

Thank you so much for this OS..πŸ€—

Loved it❀️

N the songs of the playlist are so apt..

Transition of songs from Tujhse naraz nahi zindagi to Yaar bina chain and then raakh to tera mujhse hai pehle ka naata koi was wonderful.. completely apt for MayRa..❀️

Amazing OS  Reminded me of Shivin's role as an RJ, who also flirted on air πŸ˜† I loved how Maya and Rudra met 😳 Also Vikram's description πŸ˜†

Superb as always... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

It is so beautiful...

So, Rudra fell in love with Maya's voice the moment he heard it... The leaving the altar if his future wife doesn't sound like that cracked me up... πŸ˜†

The scenes were literally playing in my mind while reading...

The songs that you chose are among my favourites...

Loved how Maya and Rudra met... Also, absolutely loved Vikram's description πŸ˜†

Loved it... β€οΈ

Originally posted by Sh18

A very interesting parallel universe you created with the char! 

I would like to know more about the reason for choosing the this premise for the char esp for Rudra...

And if at 2am you can write such wonderful story then you might have to stay up more nights to give us such fun and interesting writeups.(just kidding)

Please gets some sleep and rest!

Thank you for your efforts.

P.S- loved the inclusions of the selected songs including Raakh a good meeting point of Mayra!

Thanks Shru😳

I love writing MayRa in different universes, Rudra's initially goofiness mixed with seriousness when the situation demanded and Maya's later softer yet stoic attitude to him in real life instances is fun to write

People here were complaining about the RJ with whom Shivin had an IV not being good enough, so wondered what Rudra would do instead, and I gave him a different career becuase it is kind of boring for someone as sharp and passionate as Rudra in a corporate world.

Yup, didn't sleep last night, at all, was watching Asur after writing this🀣

Edited by _._shibani_._ - 3 years ago

Originally posted by dusk2dawn

Superb as always shibz ..πŸ‘

Beautiful πŸ‘πŸΌ

While reading the scenes were literally playing in my mind.. 

Thank you so much for this OS..πŸ€—

Loved it❀️

N the songs of the playlist are so apt..

Transition of songs from Tujhse naraz nahi zindagi to Yaar bina chain and then raakh to tera mujhse hai pehle ka naata koi was wonderful.. completely apt for MayRa..❀️

Thanks DarshiπŸ€—

I didn't think of the songs actually, just wrote the names that popped on my playlist, my main aim being just Rudra flirting with Maya for no reasonπŸ˜†

Originally posted by tournesol

Amazing OS  Reminded me of Shivin's role as an RJ, who also flirted on air πŸ˜† I loved how Maya and Rudra met 😳 Also Vikram's description πŸ˜†

Thanks Miss TπŸ€—

I actually forgot about him playing JaiπŸ˜†

Originally posted by Nikki_srk

Superb as always... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

It is so beautiful...

So, Rudra fell in love with Maya's voice the moment he heard it... The leaving the altar if his future wife doesn't sound like that cracked me up... πŸ˜†

The scenes were literally playing in my mind while reading...

The songs that you chose are among my favourites...

Loved how Maya and Rudra met... Also, absolutely loved Vikram's description πŸ˜†

Loved it... β€οΈ

Thanks NikkiπŸ€—

That line about him leaving his wife was actually about Anu🀣