Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by Rekha_ji

Do people realise what the word "peak" actually means?

Yes, 2008 was her peak at the time, but arguably she hit higher in 2009 when she won all the awards, and had Ashutosh Gowariker's next movie in her kitty. It's subsequent box-office failure is besides the point. She was HOT property for signing the film alone. Not to mention Kaminey was a hit in summer '09 and she was appreciated. Then What's Your Raashee? flopped but she again got credit for playing 12 characters so well. And again in 2010 Best Actress nominations (for both films).

2011 she had 7 Khoon Maaf. So her stardom was still rising.

Barfi! in 2012 = no explanation needed.

2014's Mary Kom was another great height for her. 

I would say  2018/2019 has been her peak. Although she may not have had many Hindi film releases, her stardom has increased bucket-loads. I think The Sky Is Pink doing so poorly has slightly dented that. And there seems to be a backlash against her online, which is very minor, but big enough to dampen her light.

Depending on her next mov(e/ies) she is still currently at her peak, or if it goes downhill from here, her peak was 2016-2019.

I think by peak, we mean her standing in the BW industry, winning awards, and just generating overall hype. dostana/fashion were her "I have arrived moments." She became A LOT more popular after those films, thats why I would call it a peak. before she was well known but just kind of lingering and she was not up to par with kareena at that time. But I agree her stardom has increased milestones till now. So in that way, I can see how her peak moment globally is in the recent past. 

Her next peak after Dostana/Fashion was when she landed the ABC show that was centered around her. That was indeed a big deal.

But her biggest peak in the West was when she got married to Nick Jonas. That made her more popular there, which no Quantico or Baywatch could manage.

I guess people here wanna know that SPECIFIC PEAK of a number one heroine

Like which Madhuri had in 1994 Hahk

Karishma had in 1996 RH

Kajol in 1998 Kkhh

Aish in 2002 Devdas

Preity in 2003

Rani in 2005

Etc

Because PeeCee shared that position with kareena and Kat and was never a clear number one unlike the above stated, so yeah she don't have that ONE clear cut number one' peak year which people are asking for.

Does not exist.

Originally posted by zoinks

PC is the Ajay Devgn of actresses. Koi peak nahin, 2 hit ke baad 5 disasters, still survived because people only focused on the hits. 

Sorry to dampen your spirit but I find it highly unjust to compare a female actress with a male actress.

Ajay Devgan has been acting in movies CONSISTENTLY for 29 years, with no breaks. He is still playing the "hero".

Priyanka Chopra = 17 years. That's a huge difference already. And she's had 1 Bollywood release in 5 years. And being 35+ there isn't that much work available for her to be compared with a man who is 12 years her senior. Just no.

Originally posted by Rekha_ji

Sorry to dampen your spirit but I find it highly unjust to compare a female actress with a male actress.

Ajay Devgan has been acting in movies CONSISTENTLY for 29 years, with no breaks. He is still playing the "hero".

Priyanka Chopra = 17 years. That's a huge difference already. And she's had 1 Bollywood release in 5 years. And being 35+ there isn't that much work available for her to be compared with a man who is 12 years her senior. Just no.

I’m not sure if I understood your post but Priyanka didn’t do many Bollywood films the last 5 years because she was busy with Quantico for 3 years and only had time for TSIP during her marriage period. The only time she had to shoot a Bollywood film was when she shot TSIP. If she really wanted to do Bollywood she would have done Bharat, Stree, Hichki and many other films. But she didn’t have time for it between Quantico seasons and didn’t give it priority after either. If Priyanka really wanted to do a Bollywood film she would have produced it instead of all the regional films she produces for other people. Priyanka is focusing on Hollywood right now with all her upcoming projects. She likes challenges and doing things she hasn’t done before and probably feels she’s done it all in Bollywood whereas she still has a lot to do in Hollywood. If she does do a Bollywood film it would be occasional because that’s not her focus. For Ajay Devgn or any male star their focus is Bollywood and they produce a lot of their own movies. 

Originally posted by taniya.91

I guess people here wanna know that SPECIFIC PEAK of a number one heroine

Like which Madhuri had in 1994 Hahk

Karishma had in 1996 RH

Kajol in 1998 Kkhh

Aish in 2002 Devdas

Preity in 2003

Rani in 2005

Etc

Because PeeCee shared that position with kareena and Kat and was never a clear number one unlike the above stated, so yeah she don't have that ONE clear cut number one' peak year which people are asking for.

Does not exist.

Well she was never considered a number 1 heroine because she wasn’t able to sustain success for a long period of time without flops in between. Doesn’t make her any less of a star though because her accumulation of work as a whole is marvelous. A peak doesn’t necessarily mean being number 1 for a sustained period. A peak was in fact that year where she won awards for fashion and dostana, where she was the only actress shining, and all eyes were on her. Peak can be a short period of time, Doesn’t mean number 1, 2 etc.

Edited by vsbarry - 3 years ago