Posted: 4 years ago

Do people realise what the word "peak" actually means?

Yes, 2008 was her peak at the time, but arguably she hit higher in 2009 when she won all the awards, and had Ashutosh Gowariker's next movie in her kitty. It's subsequent box-office failure is besides the point. She was HOT property for signing the film alone. Not to mention Kaminey was a hit in summer '09 and she was appreciated. Then What's Your Raashee? flopped but she again got credit for playing 12 characters so well. And again in 2010 Best Actress nominations (for both films).

2011 she had 7 Khoon Maaf. So her stardom was still rising.

Barfi! in 2012 = no explanation needed.

2014's Mary Kom was another great height for her. 

I would say  2018/2019 has been her peak. Although she may not have had many Hindi film releases, her stardom has increased bucket-loads. I think The Sky Is Pink doing so poorly has slightly dented that. And there seems to be a backlash against her online, which is very minor, but big enough to dampen her light.

Depending on her next mov(e/ies) she is still currently at her peak, or if it goes downhill from here, her peak was 2016-2019.

Edited by Rekha_ji - 4 years ago

She is trying to peak right now. 

Fashion and Dostana. Peak Priyanka moments. Somehow things fizzled out for her even after that Barfi performance. 

Edited by AllThatCritique - 4 years ago

PC is the Ajay Devgn of actresses. Koi peak nahin, 2 hit ke baad 5 disasters, still survived because people only focused on the hits. 

Edited by zoinks - 4 years ago

For me, personally, Mujshe Shaadi Karogi

Fashion and dostana in 2008

Was being employed by abc network not a peak 

ABC does air this 🤔 

https://youtu.be/oDGlWwPLF14

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Was being employed by abc network not a peak 

ABC does air this 🤔 

https://youtu.be/oDGlWwPLF14

I only watched Quantico for her and could not make past one episode, she was good but the story was soooo lame 

Originally posted by Terenaina

Maybe fashion days but I loved pc when she was a newcomer, hot sexy and beautiful with great acting, love all her movies with Akshay, she messed up her face 

She was beautiful prior surgery. not sure what idiot told her to get a nose job, she was fine before it

Originally posted by nicegirl_good

I only watched Quantico for her and could not make past one episode, she was good but the story was soooo lame 

But millions of people watch these shows. Even the shitty ones. 😉