Parineeti could have been in the league of Kangana and Vidya!

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

No, I'm not exaggerating here. She was flawless in Ishaqzaade, the best part about Ladies v. Ricky Bahl, and tremendously underrated in Hasee to Phasee. Also, she was so expressive in Meri Pyaari Bindu(unpopular opinion but honestly I do feel she was the best part about the movie.)

But what took her down was her terrible choice in scripts. She signed movies like Namastey England when her contemporary Alia Bhatt was doing Raazi. These choices obviously backfired and audience started losing interest in her.

I find her a terrific actress with lots of untapped potential. She has great acting chops. Yes, when she lost weight she made some dubious choices in films. That doesn't take away from her talent though.

I really hope she bounces back with The Girl On The Train and Saina Nehwal biopic. This girl has it in her. She just needed the right content to fuel her career graph.

Please share your opinions on her.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

She had everything going for her. National Awards gave her a "Special Mention" for Ishaqzaade. Filmfare nominated her for her first three years in a row (2011, 2012, 2013). She got nervous after Alia's mega success in 2014 and comparisons so took a break. I wish she didn't turn down 2015's Piku and 2016's Udta Punjab. She would've been flying high!! Who knows, maybe she would've got the chance to do Raazi, and Gully Boy?!

Hoping she does well with her upcoming projects, they look promising.

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

She had everything going for her. National Awards gave her a "Special Mention" for Ishaqzaade. Filmfare nominated her for her first three years in a row (2011, 2012, 2013). She got nervous after Alia's mega success in 2014 and comparisons so took a break. I wish she didn't turn down 2015's Piku and 2016's Udta Punjab. She would've been flying high!! Who knows, maybe she would've got the chance to do Raazi, and Gully Boy?!

Hoping she does well with her upcoming projects, they look promising.

She definitely has some interesting projects ahead. Also, I feel she can fit into both the cute, bubbly girl-next-door as well as play intense characters. A combination not all can muster.

First let us see her in NON BUBBLY roles, than we will be in better mindframe to decide about her acting skills.

:0)

Other than scripts what went wrong is she trying to act in a "filmy" way not in the way she used to do till HTP i.e., naturally by her own admission some one advised her to act in a filmy way and the result was there to see she was pathetic in MPB she was trying too hard

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hiranur-demir

Other than scripts what went wrong is she trying to act in a "filmy" way not in the way she used to do till HTP i.e., naturally by her own admission some one advised her to act in a filmy way and the result was there to see she was pathetic in MPB she was trying too hard

Wow exact opposite reaction to MPB. I thought she was great in the movie, better than Ayushman in fact. But I do agree she was better in her earlier movies.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

What about her lame workout videos ? Or when she tried to sing ??? She has failed time an again 

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Wow exact opposite reaction to MPB. I thought she was great in the movie, better than Ayushman in fact. But I do agree she was better in her earlier movies.

I could relate to her earlier performances she was natural and spontaneous but in MPB she was ðŸ¥±

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Its actually feels like an insult to even try and compare parineeti with vidya. First she should actually try something apart from a bubbly girl .....

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

What about her lame workout videos ? Or when she tried to sing ??? She has failed time an again 

She is a WAY better singer than Alia. Slightly better than Shraddha. She's not failed as a singer. 

Tara and Parineeti are the only ones who should be singing unplugged.