International (Foreign) Shows

Shows to give a try during this lockdown!

FromTheAshes thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Here is a list of shows that you can give a try during the lockdown if you haven't watched them yet, this list comprises of my personal favorite's and will be updated regularly as I remember the shows I have watched because with the number of shows I have watched it's very hard to keep a track. :P

The Handmaid's Tale

{This one is the best series that has ever been made according to me, it is so hard-hitting and shows the kind of world we are heading to with exceptional performances, gripping storyline it overcomes its slow narrative but you cannot fail to make an emotional connect with all the characters of the show. It's set in a totalitarian state of Gilead (Formerly The United States of America.)} - Stream on Hulu

Madam Secretary

{This is an all-around political drama revolving around the life of US Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord, who navigates her way through world politics managing both her professional and personal life ultimately becoming the first female president of the United States of America.)

Game Of Thrones 

{  Do I even need to say something, Now I know this one has become quite controversial owing to its last season but I just cannot let this go, giving almost years of my life in watching this show I have never ever hated it, with each season it takes you to a fantasy world which makes you leave everything and just go to Westeros, this is a must-watch for everybody} - 

Designated Survivor 

{This is another political drama that I stumbled upon accidentally, it tells the story of United States secretary of housing and urban development Tom Kirkman who finds himself as the president of United States when a terrorist attack on the capitol building wipes out the entire government, congress and supreme court, shows the journey of a man rebuilding the country just after it has been struck with the worst terrorist attack ever, filled with conspiracies and lies this show will keep you on your edge.} - Stream on Netflix

Unbelievable

{This show takes you through the journey of a rape survivor whose story is deemed false by the authorities and how she fights to prove that she was abused, and emotionally draining series which according to me is really important to watch because what they have shown actually happens in the real world.}

Grey's Anatomy

{Now this show one of the longest-running shows of television which 16 seasons meaning it's been going on for straight 16 years, this show navigates through the lives of the staff of a top hospital in Seattle. With different personal problems and medical issues in every episode, this show keeps you glued to the screens in the suspense of what will happen next. Who will end up with whom, will that patient survive, etc, etc. A must watch.}

More to be added soon :P

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xbeyondwordsx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Great list, Hrideyy! Might give couple of them a go!

I would add - 

Virgin River

The White Collar

Zindagi Gulzaar Hai

Humsafar

Prison Break 

All these are just absolutely ah'mazing shows 

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Great list, @TM! 

FromTheAshes thumbnail

Originally posted by: xbeyondwordsx

Great list, Hrideyy! Might give couple of them a go!

I would add - 

Virgin River

The White Collar

Zindagi Gulzaar Hai

Humsafar

Prison Break 

All these are just absolutely ah'mazing shows 

Out of these I have just not watched The white collar and Prison break.

Just did a re-watch of ZGH and Humsafar😂

GuardianDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

You

Money Heist

Lucifer

Dynasty

Sacred Games (S1 was far better than S2)

Jack Ryan

The Baker & The Beauty (Israeli Rom-Com)

Blindspot (Roommate said it's awesome show)

V Wars

Edited by HateSober - 4 years ago
FromTheAshes thumbnail

Originally posted by: HateSober

You

Money Heist

Lucifer

Dynasty

Sacred Games (S1 was far better than S2)

Jack Ryan

The Baker & The Beauty (Israeli Rom-Com)

Blindspot (Roommate said it's awesome show)

V Wars

The three in bold are truly amazing.

If you like thriller's you should give a shot to The Fall, its on Netflix.

PerfectStart thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Do watch the web series 

rise of the empires:ottomans!! Its a six episode docuseries but fantastic!!!👌 

Stranger things😍👌

The tudors

Isabel: it's a spanish show of three seasons based on the life of isabella of castile it's not a documentary but a series and its wonderful.The lead actress who played isabel is really gorgeous and a wonderful actress. 

Pride and prejudice: with Collin Firth and Jennifer ehle in it.

Big little lies

Merlin

Edited by PerfectStart - 4 years ago
xbeyondwordsx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: PerfectStart

Do watch the web series 

rise of the empires:ottomans!! Its a six episode docuseries but fantastic!!!👌 

Stranger things😍👌

The tudors

Isabel: it's a spanish show of three seasons based on the life of isabella of castile it's not a documentary but a series and its wonderful.The lead actress who played isabel is really gorgeous and a wonderful actress. 

Pride and prejudice: with Collin Firth and Jennifer ehle in it.

Big little lies

Merlin

I love this P&P series so much 

I even have the DVD set - I was that obsessed 😆

Might have to go back to it..

PerfectStart thumbnail

Originally posted by: xbeyondwordsx

I love this P&P series so much 

I even have the DVD set - I was that obsessed 😆

Might have to go back to it..

And I downloaded all 6 episodes in DHQ through torrent❤️ it always refreshes the mind and that regency age environment is kinda  very relaxing.

PerfectStart thumbnail

EEEEEKKSSS!!!!double post!!!

Edited by PerfectStart - 3 years ago