Why Shakuni and entire Gandhar family story never told in shows?

Posted: 3 years ago

Is it to whitewash Pandavas? They partly told told in Dharmakshetra. Baaki ka I got to know from internet. So in a way Shakuni was not much wrong in whatever he did. Come on, he lost 99 brothers and his father. Tadap tadap ke mare vo sab due to Dhritarashtr, Bheesma and even Yudhishthir(anjaane me). His sister was emotionally tortured by her husband. But him participating in Draupadi humiliation can never be forgiven. 

That's because a lot of stories regarding Shakuni are regional and have no basis in the original version. Nobody knows how much is true and what really happened. What we do know is that even if Shakuni had suffered at the hands of Bhishma, ultimately he hurt his own sister by leading her children astray. In the end, Gandhari was heartbroken by the deaths of all her children...so what ultimately did Shakuni achieve through his "grand revenge"? If he truly loved his sister, he should have thought of what would make her happy.

Also, if Bhishma was the one Shakuni had an issue with, he should have taken it up with him, instead of punishing the entire Kuru vansh. Sorry, but I don't feel sorry for Shakuni at all. People who destroy entire dynasties for the wrongdoing of one individual are not worthy of sympathy. Ultimately, their thirst for revenge will never bring them happiness, only more heartbreak.

Personally, I think the makers might have deemed this story too gruesome for the Indian audience. Also, as Janu di mentioned, this story is known only in folktales. MB does not really go into the background of this.

The only thing the main MB actually mentions is that Gandhari's dad was alive during Gandhari's wedding, and Shakuni is shown to be the King only from the Bheem's poisoning track.

Shakuni too have 99 brother? 

Well I have heard that even kaurav were not dear to shakuni  . He use them as pawn to destroy kaurav dynasty 

And reason for destroying is that he hated that her sister gandhari married to a blind king  . Shakuni never wanted her sister to marry to king who can't see

Originally posted by surabhi01

Well I have heard that even kaurav were not dear to shakuni  . He use them as pawn to destroy kaurav dynasty 

And reason for destroying is that he hated that her sister gandhari married to a blind king  . Shakuni never wanted her sister to marry to king who can't see

I also have heard the same thing from my Dadi.

However if we scrounge the internet we come across so many stories. You will be amazed reading all the different versions.

For example: https://www.dollsofindia.com/library/shakuni/

Originally posted by surabhi01

Thats right. This has been shown in Dharmakshetra on Epic channel and its second episode is dedicated to Shakuni. 

It shows his back story in much details.

Originally posted by braveheartdoc

Thats right. This has been shown in Dharmakshetra on Epic channel and its second episode is dedicated to Shakuni. 

It shows his back story in much details.

They partly told there.

Poora story to I got to know from StarBharat Forum and internet.

Shakuni  try to stop  gandhari and drithrastra marriage  but gandhari  already decided to marry dhrthrastra   and to marry dhrthrastra  gandhari put  clothes on her eyes   and  said when I also will not see anything  then there should be no problem in marrying  drithrastra  

Marriage happen but shakuni really did not like it  and make firm decision to take revenge 

Here is link how shakuni  feel shock when he comes to know that his sister going to marry blind person 

https://hindumythologysite.wordpress.com/2019/12/11/shakuni/

Shakuni  did all planning plotting just  for her sister   he did all planning plotting so that her sister get all right and sister should remain happy

Edited by surabhi01 - 3 years ago

Thanks Vijay Sir and Surabhi for sharing the links😊.

MB was full of grey characters except Subhadra and Uttara.