Sony TV begins rerunning CID - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

Absolutely ! But sadly the thing is, in this same time CID became Houshold name rapidly from 2008 to 2010. This is the same time where both Sony & Fireworks started to glamorize already used CID dialogues (Darwaza Tod Do)  and started targeting family & kids with 'entertainment' increasing day by day than script and their target audience started loving it. CID actually got popular in this era.  From 1998- 2003 I call it golden era was limited to niche audience who love suspense thriller genre. From 2004- 2006 it was targeted towards youth audience more. I call it Peak era may be because it's my personal favourite era.  And from 2008 they started to target family audience and it's in this era, where actually CID became household name. 

Originally posted by Kulasya.

Absolutely ! But sadly the thing is, in this same time CID became Houshold name rapidly from 2008 to 2010. This is the same time where both Sony & Fireworks started to glamorize already used CID dialogues (Darwaza Tod Do)  and started targeting family & kids with 'entertainment' increasing day by day than script and their target audience started loving it. CID actually got popular in this era.  From 1998- 2003 I call it golden era was limited to niche audience who love suspense thriller genre. From 2004- 2006 it was targeted towards youth audience more. I call it Peak era may be because it's my personal favourite era.  And from 2008 they started to target family audience and it's in this era, where actually CID became household name. 

Kulasya I feel CID became a household name before that as well. There's no way it would have been able to run for 10 years before that period and so consistently if it wasn't popular and well-loved, especially in a period of K shows like Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki, Kasauti Zindagi Ki, and Kusum.

But 2008 onwards became more "kid friendly" if that can be a thing. Additionally 2008 onwards is what you can find online easily. Before 2008 it is much harder to almost non-existent. I guess that explains why they are showing this time period.

Originally posted by Minionite

Kulasya I feel CID became a household name before that as well. There's no way it would have been able to run for 10 years before that period and so consistently if it wasn't popular and well-loved, especially in a period of K shows like Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki, Kasauti Zindagi Ki, and Kusum.

But 2008 onwards became more "kid friendly" if that can be a thing. Additionally 2008 onwards is what you can find online easily. Before 2008 it is much harder to almost non-existent. I guess that explains why they are showing this time period.

1. Yes. But before that it ran because of content.  I feel what happened after 2008 is it became more popular entertainment wise.  And yes, it became more kid friendly.

2. I don't agree that before 2008 episodes are hard to find especially for Sony. Because in this 2008-2010 period they were showing CID all day. So they had old episodes at that time.  Again the old problem with Sony is, they block the videos of old episodes if someone other uploads, but they don't upload it by themselves.  Khud bhi nahi karenge dusre ko bhi karne nahi denge ðŸ˜† Also they have uploaded many old episodes on their official YouTube channel and their app. They are available right from Kissa Zahar ka. So why would I watch Purvi Era episode on TV when I can    watch Daya's introduction episode online officially? 

Edited by Kulasya. - 3 years ago

Originally posted by debayon

2008 is right about where the golden years of CID ends for me. The first half of 2008 you can see the quality declining, but still being somewhat engaging enough. The second half is really where it nosedives

I agree quality began declining  since 2008 but still those episodes are more than watchable . Episodes till 2006 or even 2007 can be called classic . Though Episodes till mid 2010 had some zing in them but post that serious decline happened 

And well 2011 to 2015 had some worst cases and some terrible storylines  along with too much crowd . 2016 mid to 2018 episodes improved a bit but something was missing 

Anyway it’s futile to hope they will ever rerun the classic episodes 

Thank God they aired them once upon a time in 2009 and hence we have an archive 

Btw they are already showing post 2013 episodes on Pal so what the big deal of them airing them on Sony anyway 

I started watching CID during 2009 2010 when SONY aired it almost the entire day and fell in love with the characters and the show, the episodes of the golden era being a class apart.

Then the quality of the actual new episodes being aired became so shitty that I stopped watching (because I did not want to start hating the show).

Whenever I get the chance, I keep rewatching the golden era episodes. If SONY decides to air the actual classic episodes, I will get my cable connection restored 😛.

Originally posted by Tani_01

I started watching CID during 2009 2010 when SONY aired it almost the entire day and fell in love with the characters and the show, the episodes of the golden era being a class apart.

Then the quality of the actual new episodes being aired became so shitty that I stopped watching (because I did not want to start hating the show).

Whenever I get the chance, I keep rewatching the golden era episodes. If SONY decides to air the actual classic episodes, I will get my cable connection restored 😛.

Just watch them from the video archive. We've spent some time and uploaded the episodes less a few that we could not find.

2008 is right about where the golden years of CID ends for me. The first half of 2008 you can see the quality declining, but still being somewhat engaging enough. The second half is really where it nosedives

If you watch cid in a continous flow u can see there is always fluctuations..i mean just watch 1999,2001,2002 and then suddenly 2003 middle onwards till vivek joined cid had wierd cinematography..then again i feel that cid picked up from 2009 when the aahat 4 time came,that diwali episode of challenging cid is one of my fav..then u had khooni raaste ka rahasya types which were exciting😀..then again 2012 onwards it started dipping...overally i feel cid was boring when it had loads of officers in that 2013-14 time..but guys do check the quality of 2001 and 2003...it feels wierd,2003 had some wierd episodes too

Originally posted by nirma977

If you watch cid in a continous flow u can see there is always fluctuations..i mean just watch 1999,2001,2002 and then suddenly 2003 middle onwards till vivek joined cid had wierd cinematography..then again i feel that cid picked up from 2009 when the aahat 4 time came,that diwali episode of challenging cid is one of my fav..then u had khooni raaste ka rahasya types which were exciting😀..then again 2012 onwards it started dipping...overally i feel cid was boring when it had loads of officers in that 2013-14 time..but guys do check the quality of 2001 and 2003...it feels wierd,2003 had some wierd episodes too

I am not sure what you mean by weird cinematography...maybe its a personal opinion, idk. I think that the plots pre-2009 were story driven without the need for them being too glitzy or entertaining per se. The entertainment was in the suspense of the story in itself. Also there was not a huge setup for the plot itself. Starting 2007-2008ish, they spent the first 10(soometimes even 15) minutes in setting up the crime. That is so much degree of freedom lost in narrating a good storyline! Of course, they are just my personal opinions. I don't mean to hurt anyones feelings, and apologize if I did so

I am not sure what you mean by weird cinematography...maybe its a personal opinion, idk. I think that the plots pre-2009 were story driven without the need for them being too glitzy or entertaining per se. The entertainment was in the suspense of the story in itself. Also there was not a huge setup for the plot itself. Starting 2007-2008ish, they spent the first 10(soometimes even 15) minutes in setting up the crime. That is so much degree of freedom lost in narrating a good storyline! Of course, they are just my personal opinions. I don't mean to hurt anyones feelings, and apologize if I did so

Hey no sorry and all..just normal discussion..its like i can see the differences happening in shows sometimes..like crime patrol dial 100 and satark has loads of difference by the way they ptesent..similarly i feel sometimes cid too did that and changed the editing pattern..coz some in 2003 and some episodes of 2005 felt little cheap budget and wierd cut of the episodes😄plz dont say sorry and all..was trying to discuss if u guys felt that too😊😊

Originally posted by nirma977

I think I get what you mean......episodes 281-300 were incredibly dark (yes even the kapil dev special episode was dark) not wierd but dark.....like not disturbingly dark but unsettlingly dark....the BGM, the camera angle.....the spooky dark undertone-d music......those 20 episodes were awesome but it somehow felt different......like it was still cid,but didn't feel like it.....but still better then post 2005 episodes  

No offense meant to anyone who liked episodes 281-300 and did not find it disturbing.....even I liked these episodes.....but it felt really different......just voicing out my opinion  over here 

Edited by Iselver - 3 years ago