Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

P.S. I read somewhere that Draupadi was the reincarnation of this very girl child. Anyone has an idea about it

She is actually Subhadra. ðŸ˜Š

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

I am liking  these mythological  dialogue

Maharaaj ki jai ho

Jo aagya maharaaj

Aayiye padhariye  virajiye

Aapke aane se hum dhanya  ho gaye . Yeh  sthaan  pavitra ho gaya aapke aane se

Edited by surabhi01 - 4 years ago
surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

It is written that    yashoda was get   into deep sleep by yogmaya   on order of Lord Vishnu  

Yashoda only know that someone is born but she don't remember whether son was born or daughter was born 

Many things yashoda  and nand don't remember like  yashoda don't remember that   Lord krishna show her earth, whole plantery system revolving in his mouth  and reason it that if yashoda  and nand  remember those  divine incident  of Lord krishna  that both yashoda and nand would have not treat Lord krishna as their son but treat him as only god 

So Lord krishna remove memories from yashoda nand as soon he completed his divine action 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: proteeti

Subhadra is mostly credited as this daughter's reincarnation. But I love this version too!

In some folk-lores Nand-Yashoda subsequently have a daughter named Eknanga, who was said to be very close to Krishna in his years in Gokul.

It's not folklore. Harivamsa says the girl was Ekanamsa who grew up in Mathura. She didn't die, so she couldn't possibly reincarnatd.

Subhadra is credited as her, but since Subhadra was actually born after Krishna's return to Mathura, it cannot be true.

Ekanamsa was same age as Krishna. She was supposed to be avatar of Nidra Devi. 

Without the divinity aspect of it, the girl was more likely to be Panchali and not at all likely to be Subhadra who was born more than a decade later. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Uttering these terrible words, the goddess along with her followers, roamed in her celestial abode as she pleased.

sA kanyA vavR^idhe tatra vR^iShNIsa~NghasupUjitA |

putravatpAlyamAnA sA vasudevAj~nayA tadA ||2-4-46

That girl grew up there, worshipped by the vR^iShNI-s. As ordered by vasudeva, she was looked after like a son.

viddhi chainAmathotpannAmamshAddevIM prajApateH |

ekAnaMshAM yogakanyAM rakShArthaM keshavasya tu ||2-4-47

(janamejaya !) Understand that this Goddess is born from a portion of prajApati (brahmA). Hence she is simultaneously ekAnaMshA - one and without having any portion (division) (with brahma). The yogakanyA appeared for the protection of keshava.

tAM vai sarve sumanasaH pUjayanti sma yAdavAH |

devavaddivyavapuShA kR^iShNaH saMrakShito yayA ||2-4-48

All yadava-s with good mind worshipped her since she protected kR^iShNa with her divine body.

tasyAM gatAyAM kaMsastu tAM mene mR^ityumAtmanaH |

vivikte devakIM chaiva vrIDitaH samabhAShata ||2-4-49

After she disappeared, kaMsa thought that she was indeed his death. He met devakI alone and spoke to her, ashamed.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

But yes, Harivamsa says Vasudeva stole the girl to replace his son. 

It wasn't a sacrifice on Nandagopa's part. 

Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Your theory would actually make Krishna and Panchali brother sister even.if foster.

I like the theory. Makes a lot of sense to me. Considering Nanda's sister was Drupad's wife.

Only problem is Arjun and Krishna are supposed to be the same age. That would mean Draupadi was 20/21 when she got married and not 16. But then her age is never mentioned in the epic at any point except that Drupad adopted her as kumari. It might as well have been at 18

Realistically speaking 4 or 5 years wouldnt make any difference. I have seen graduates who look like school kids

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

If Draupadi was the same girl then her Agni birth doesn't make much sense

HearMeRoar thumbnail

@Chili

No way ðŸ˜†. Fostering makes no blood relation. In my overactive imagination, they were something else. Also, if she were indeed Nandagopa's daughter, she never called Krishna brother. Telling, IMO😆.

Plus, I'm ambivalent on the theory because of the age thing you mentioned. I was only saying there is more chance of the girl being Panchali than Subhadra because Subhadra was born minimum a decade later.

Then again, if I buy the Nalayani story, Panchali was actually married before her fire birth. So yeah, she could've been in her early twenties.

@FP

Agni likely stood for Angirasa as MBh itself says over and over. A lot of these folks had brahmin connections. Panchali was more likely Angirasa than Nandagopa's child. Or perhaps, Nanda and/or Yashoda had Angirasa connections.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago