Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 4 years ago

It was mean to give away own daughter to die. They would have made story like Kans believed 7th kid did not happened due to his fear.

ariyabestfan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Well that shown in this series..that nanda sacrifice his daughter..

But in another serial i had seen that its vasudev who exchange both kids..nanda dont know anything about it..

They had shown that whole gokul is in deep sleep nanda also.. yashoda gives birth to kid n fall unconscious..vasudev put kanha near her n tool her daughter with him..

So we can't say what exactly must have happen?

sonnet11 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: ariyabestfan

But in another serial i had seen that its vasudev who exchange both kids..nanda dont know anything about it..

They had shown that whole gokul is in deep sleep nanda also.. yashoda gives birth to kid n fall unconscious..vasudev put kanha near her n tool her daughter with him..

Right! The story has many different versions. 

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I don't think Nand baba even imagined that his daughter will be killed. He probably thought that Kans will change his mind seeing a girl since the Akashwaani stated that 8th son will kill him. So a girl wouldn't be of any danger to her. Just a thought

P.S. I read somewhere that Draupadi was the reincarnation of this very girl child. Anyone has an idea about it

This content was originally posted by: ariyabestfan

Yes Krishna Janam is not an important part of Mahabharata as an epic so despite him begin the God, His childhood stories are known mostly by the folklores

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

I think his decision was as difficult as Vasudev and Devaki's in giving up Krishna. If we take the divine aspect out of it (where they were in a trance/following God's orders), ultimately all three of them did it for the greater God. One couple sacrificed their son and his entire childhood, the other sacrificed their daughter. Ultimately, they were denied the chance of raising their biological child, but they did it because God had directed them and they knew it was the only way Kans would ultimately be killed.

This content was originally posted by: RamKiSeeta

I think his decision was as difficult as Vasudev and Devaki's in giving up Krishna. If we take the divine aspect out of it (where they were in a trance/following God's orders), ultimately all three of them did it for the greater God. One couple sacrificed their son and his entire childhood, the other sacrificed their daughter. Ultimately, they were denied the chance of raising their biological child, but they did it because God had directed them and they knew it was the only way Kans would ultimately be killed.

If you see it practically Nandajis sacrifice was on a greater side(removing the divinity angle)

Yes letting go the biological child and missing out his childhood is very painful but they did it to protect the life of their son, Nandji on the other hand sacrificed the life of his daughter for the greater good. Many people might bear the distance from their children to protect the lives of their children but sending your child in the place where death is impending for the societal good, is something not someone normal can do

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

This content was originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

P.S. I read somewhere that Draupadi was the reincarnation of this very girl child. Anyone has an idea about it

Subhadra is mostly credited as this daughter's reincarnation. But I love this version too!

In some folk-lores Nand-Yashoda subsequently have a daughter named Eknanga, who was said to be very close to Krishna in his years in Gokul.

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

I've always admired Nand baba for his courage to give up his daughter like that, especially since the couple were trying for a kid for so long, makes it even sadder.

Nand was never directly a target of Kamsa, so he did have the chance to deny Vasudeva, and instead he chose to keep Krishna thereby indirectly concentrating Kama's atrocities on himself and his family! He was lucky Krishna and Balram were his kids who served as an automatic shield to their villages.