Jab Tak Hai Jaan was directed by Aditya Chopra, not Yash Chopra

Posted: 4 months ago

This film was directed by Aditya Chopra but they credited it as directed by Yash Chopra.  Not only romantic scenes I think the entire film was directed by Aditya Chopra.

Wikipedia:

The romantic scenes were directed by Chopra's son, Aditya, to give them a more contemporary feel.[24] The "Ishq Shava" dance scene was shot with the leading duo and freestyle dancers in an underground club and aboard a boat on the River Thames.[25] The film's climax, initially planned by Chopra to be shot in the mountains of Kashmir, was moved to Ladakh. This was reportedly suggested by Khan, whose Dil Se.. was shot in the area many years earlier. Portions of Jab Tak Hai Jaan were filmed in three Kashmiri cities: Srinagar, Pahalgam, and Gulmarg.[24]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jab_Tak_Hai_Jaan

Edited by Mugda - 4 months ago

It was thrash 

It was a bad film 

I have a feeling KJo and Aditya are scared to direct films because they dont know what works anymore and they are also afraid to fail! So Adi was ghost-directing his daddys projects while KJo does the same with the big budgets he produces.

[Content Removed]

I remember when DDLJ came out in 1995, media rumours speculated that Yash Chopra probably directed the film, how could his son so young make such a classic?

Then in 1997 when DTPH came out, I saw people saying, Aditya Chopra must've directed the film, it was so young and urban chic.

And now I see this. Made me laugh.

Although certainly the've both collaborated heavily in each other's projects. win=win.

Nah. Aditya was heavily involved in post production because his dad had passed away.

Originally posted by Lulzbolly

Nah. Aditya was heavily involved in post production because his dad had passed away.

Yash Chopra passed away 21st October.

JTHJ released on 12th November.

I'm sure post production was done by then, at least the majority of it, with minimal remaining. Far from "heavily involved".

They would've just been co-ordinating the promotional strategies after Yash-ji's death.

No need to project false narratives.

Edited by Rekha_ji - 4 months ago