||Junoon|| - A RishLika FF (Chapter 1 - Page 1)

Posted: 3 years ago

Hey dear reader! Thank you for choosing to give this FF a try. I am Shonali, a new member of this KZK2 forums. I usually post my stories at Wattpad, @Julianna154ever is my ID. Currently, I am writing "Junoon" at Wattpad but that story features Harshad Chopda and Jennifer Winget, their characters Sahir and Maya to be precise. It was this RishLika OS that I read at Wattpad. It's written by @fiercy_jhalli and after reading that I was inspired to write a different "Junoon" for RishLika. So here I present you a RishLika FF - Junoon. A story of how two strong, manipulative, cunning and gorgeous characters find they're happily ever after. I hope that you will enjoy reading this. Following is the prologue and I am introducing Maya as Komolika's friend here, just for the first chapter.

━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━

Banner by : 18shabbo

|01| - That One Life-Changing Moment

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

she remembered who she was

and the game changed

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

Komolika knew that this was bad, she shouldn't have come here for it was becoming a habit but she still came. She had decided not to but then she found Anurag and Prerna locked into one of their many passionate eye-locks while lying on the bed that she shared with her husband Anurag and Komolika just couldn't stand it. It wasn't that she didn't have the courage to confront them, it was that she had lost energy to do so. For years she had been trying to mend her relationship with Anurag, hoping that one day he would realize just how much she loves him but everything went in down the drain since Prerna came back.

She felt tired and the dialogue from the latest movie that she had watched rang in her head like a mantra - 

"If you need to mend a relationship, doesn't that mean that it's already broken?!"

She felt something shatter inside her and she couldn't stop herself from coming back here in this nightclub to drown herself in alcohol to forget all the problems in her life. "One more shot, please." she said tapping her now empty glass at the bar. As she waited for the bartender to bring her her drink, Komolika's eyes fell over a familiar face.

"Maya? Maya Mehrotra, is it really you?" 

Getting off her barstool, Komolika found herself standing face to face with Maya, her friend from college. She was dressed up in denim shorts and a black halter top on which "Bride Squad" was sewed into using bright pink sequins. 

"Um, and you are?" At first, Komolika was surprised that Maya didn't recognize her but then she remembered her plastic surgery. She had a new face now which was unknown to Maya.

"It's I, Komolika. I had an accident and had to get plastic surgery done. So, a new face."

Maya frowned, "Komolika? As in Komolika Chaubey?"

"The one and only." smiled Komolika which only grew wider as Maya let out an excited, "Oh my God!"

The friends hugged each other, "It's been so long! Where have you been all these years?" asked Maya as she broke the hug.

"Ah! Well, after graduation I went abroad for an MBA, then shifted back here in Kolkata to help Dad with business and now I am married and helping my husband with his company." replied Komolika as the two of them grabbed a barstool each and ordered their drinks.

"What about you? You getting married?" asked Komolika while pointing at the top that Maya was wearing.

"Uh-na! I am not married yet but I do have a man in my life whom I am gonna get married one day. As of now, I am here for a bachelorette party for Shonali, my boyfriend Sahir's best friend. The wedding is gonna happen in Kolkata so here we are!"

Komolika smiled as she noticed just how much happy Maya looked, completely different from how she used to be when they were in college. She sighed, "Oh, that's nice."

There was something in her tone that surprised Maya, something was amiss. This so wasn't the Komolika who she had befriended years back. Maya took a sip of her drink before saying, "You know what, looking at you right now makes me remember about the time I used to sit in the bar drinking so as to ease the heartache I was going through."

"Why would you say that?" Komolika was slightly shocked at that. How could she guess?!

Maya's smile had a tinge of sadness to it, "One, I have been there are done, exactly what you are doing right now. And second, these eyes reflect heartbreak." she said the last sentence while staring directly into Komolika's eyes.

When Komolika didn't reply, Maya continued, "So, what is it? Are you not happy with your husband or is he having an affair?"

Komolika chuckled, "Maybe I am having an affair." she said only to have Maya wave it off, "Nah! That isn't even a possibility for the Komolika I know of, she would not stay with a man if she isn't in love with him and if he isn't as per her standards. So tell me, what is it?"

Finishing her drink in one go, Komolika sighed, "He's still in love with his ex. My love just wasn't enough for him." Maya encouraged Komolika to continue and so the latter did. Komolika told Maya everything about hers and Anurag's relationship, hiding no part of her story. She told Maya about everything that she did to keep Anurag to herself.

"Now she is back for revenge and my husband is all too happy to be slaughtered!" Komolika was so angry that she pressed the glass she was holding onto too tightly in her fist that it broke.

Maya let out a deep breath before saying, "I am confused as to what should I do. Should I comfort you or should I pity you for you have become such a fool." her tone was really demeaning.

"Excuse me!" Komolika was angry but in response, Maya just chuckled, "Oh! This is just so familiar to me." she muttered.

"Komolika, I have been through a situation like this. My ex-boyfriend was exactly like your husband. I tried to change myself for him but it just wasn't enough!" Maya paused and placed a comforting hand over Komolika's shoulder, "Have you looked at yourself lately? Like really looked at yourself in the mirror and notice just how much you have changed and how much low have you stooped just to get this stupid guy to belong to you. But darling, he still isn't yours."

Komolika didn't say anything so Maya continued, "The Komolika I know and remember is far from what you are now. She wasn't this woman with an attitude but a smart girl with standards. She was strong, mature by the mind, a kid by heart, a bit of snob from the outside but caring from inside. I mean you were the only person who actually took the time to understand and be a friend to the true me, the scared and scarred Maya Mehrotra. You used to be a total badass darling and now you look no better than a trophy wife. No offense, but that's true."

She didn't want to but when that traitorous tear rolled down her cheek, Komolika couldn't stop herself from crying. Maya handed her some tissues and said, "I'll tell you what Sahir told me back then when I was in your position." she had a fond smile on her face as she recalled the exact words, "Who can't love you for what you are, for who you are, doesn't deserve to be loved by you. That's the difference between the right and the wrong one; the wrong person will give you less than what you are worth but the right one will give you more than you can ever ask for."

It really did make sense to her. "Don't waste your life for someone who doesn't even care." Maya took Komolika's cell phone and saved her contact in it, "I'll leave, for now. You need some alone time to think. Just call me whenever you want, I'll be there for you just like you were there for me back then."

It was as if she was watching a movie. As Maya left, all the events that happened in her life since meeting Anurag flashed before her eyes like a movie. It was then that Komolika realized the truthfulness of Maya's words. In her stubbornness, she had fallen so low that she had become a joke in the name of what Komolika Chaubey actually was. And was this even love?! It rather looked as if she wanted to show the world that she had the ability to get even that man who didn't fall for her charms, who never looked at her twice with appreciating eyes! 

"Oh. My. God!" it was that life-changing moment when Komolika realized that she wasted her time, energy and love on the wrong person. It was that moment that Komolika realized that whatever Maya said was absolutely true. Anurag could never be hers because it was Prerna whom he loved. When the man had already found his one true love then why would he fall for her? All this stupidity just to prove her worth and she had herself lowered her standards. 

"Damn! I am so stupid!" Komolika whispered to herself.

"Ma'am, shall I get you another drink?" the bartender asked but what Komolika did was that she looked up at the guy and repeated, "I am so stupid!" and she chuckled.

The bartender muttered a quick sorry and moved away to tend to other customers whereas Komolika's chuckles turned into giggles and soon she was laughing. The realization brought her heart the freedom that it was deprived of. She had never felt so light and burden-free as she was feeling now. "Ha! I guess it's time for a divorce." she had a genuine and heartfelt smile on her face as she paid the bill and made her way out of the nightclub.

Once in her car, she messaged her lawyer to meet her tomorrow. The first thing she's gonna do the next morning was to meet up with the lawyer along with Anurag and discuss the terms of the divorce. Now that she had realized her true self, remembered who she was, things were bound to change.

━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━

Coming up next - The True-Blue Komolika Chaubey

━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━

INDEX

|01| - That Life-Changing Moment - Page #1

|02| - The True-Blue Komolika Chaubey - Page #

|03| - Moving On - Page #

|04| - Not Our Cup Of Tea - Page #

Edited by Koeli_Appy - 3 years ago

Interesting I am waiting for next part 🤗🤗🤗

This is awesome dear 

And yeah I have already read the junoon story on saYa so can we expect the characters like arjun, janvi, tarini ,omkara, and so on in this story also👍🏼

This one is also so interesting.🥳

Pls update soon yaar 😉

intersting👏 update soon

Interesting concept. 👏

Would love to read more.

Waiting for the next update

Ah-haan! I liked the first chapter. Nice purpose of having Maya here.

It is very interesting, I loved it!

Yay, a new story 🎊🎉

I am big of JUNOON on wattpad!

This is AMAZING 

Loved Komolika in her Tashan😍

Is anyone of you at Wattpad?? Just asking for I am going update this story at Wattpad as well.

I just need to complete this one assignment tonight. 

I will post the next part of the story in a day or two.