Kundali Bhagya

India is more advanced then America

am1115 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I couldn’t help noticing the changes I see since the last time I went to India. We, in fact even Pakistan, has become even more advanced the America. 

I’ve attended universities in USA and I didn’t see any girl dressing up as skimpy as Rhai in kundali bhagya or what Preeta was wearing for the holy special ( it was just a bra kind a thing) 

Tell me...

In a country where rapes are common girls wear such clothes in colleges?  Rhiannon clothes are basically extremely low skirts, extremely fitted and mainly a bra kind of top that she wears in college and otherwise.is that how girls dress up now? Is it so safe now?

preeta comes from a middle class decent family ( I’ve not seen bulbul or Pragya dress up so cheap) was actually wearing a top that was more like bra only for holy special and dancing with Karan ( his wife must’ve a big heart to see her husband dancing with most half naked girl like this) is this how holy parties are in our India?

sherlin, rhai , Preeta , prachi and Shristi...in fact all the girls in our tv shows are seen outside ALL night ! Neither their parents nor anyone else care.  So is it safe now? Men treat women with respect? No rapes? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheM5393 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: am1115

I couldn’t help noticing the changes I see since the last time I went to India. We, in fact even Pakistan, has become even more advanced the America. 

I’ve attended universities in USA and I didn’t see any girl dressing up as skimpy as Rhai in kundali bhagya or what Preeta was wearing for the holy special ( it was just a bra kind a thing) 

Tell me...

In a country where rapes are common girls wear such clothes in colleges?  Rhiannon clothes are basically extremely low skirts, extremely fitted and mainly a bra kind of top that she wears in college and otherwise.is that how girls dress up now? Is it so safe now?

preeta comes from a middle class decent family ( I’ve not seen bulbul or Pragya dress up so cheap) was actually wearing a top that was more like bra only for holy special and dancing with Karan ( his wife must’ve a big heart to see her husband dancing with most half naked girl like this) is this how holy parties are in our India?

sherlin, rhai , Preeta , prachi and Shristi...in fact all the girls in our tv shows are seen outside ALL night ! Neither their parents nor anyone else care.  So is it safe now? Men treat women with respect? No rapes? 

What is wrong with girls wearing what they want? And staying out late at night? I mean security issues are 'real life' atrocities which are perpetrated by the perpetrator. How does girls wearing what they want in fictional entertainment shows an issue? In an ideal situation people ought to be able to wear what they want and also be out whenever they want right? There are various problematic issues in Kundali Bhagya, costume design is definitely not one of them.  😳 

Edited by TheM5393 - 4 years ago
buttercups2020 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

See jeez what's up with TM?

I am sorry but it is one of the most random posts I have come across! 

A) Dheeraj's wife knows her husband is not a cheapster and nor is Shraddha! They both are professionals and are friends to begin with. Try refraining bringing personal lives of stars. Vinny or anyone as a matter of fact are not and must not be bothered about how are people dressing up. 

B) Don't even get me started on states and their dressings and their shows. ✋ I have been in US my whole life so let's not go that road.

C) How is cloths of preeta or any character a topic of discussion when we have the whole script to discuss. 

D) it's baseless comment that I am going to make but because this post demands it, 90% cases of rape in this world , specifically India are of women completely covered wearing literally salwar kameez in early night hours. So how you wear your cloths or at what time you are outside has nothing to do with rapes.

If you are too keen on seeing reality try news and not fictional shows.

What were you even implying at? 🤔

Edited by Scarlet.ferro - 4 years ago
_Runa_ thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Rape is not about the clothes the girl wears. It's about the mind of a person who rapes.

Streets should be safe. People should be kind.

There is no such thing that can justify a rapist.

Edited by _Runa_ - 4 years ago
Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

It's funny how lazy people are in making assumptions on what makes women easy targets to rape. Clothes are the reason for women getting raped? So what about all those young prepubescent girls and modestly dressed women being raped in india that have been increasingly been reported, especially last year there were so many such reports of young girls under just age of 10 being raped, were they all scantily-clad? Nope! Most of the rape cases, especially in india does not even involve women/ girls wearing short or revealing clothes. What a silly and lazy assumption. And what about those young girls who face sexual abuse from their own family/ blood relatives?

Rape has nothing to do with clothes at all. 

Edited by sammy17 - 4 years ago
Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

This content was originally posted by: Scarlet.ferro

See jeez what's up with TM?

I am sorry but it is one of the most random posts I have come across! 

A) Dheeraj's wife knows her husband is not a cheapster and nor is Shraddha! They both are professionals and are friends to begin with. Try refraining bringing personal lives of stars. Vinny or anyone as a matter of fact are not and must not be bothered about how are people dressing up. 

B) Don't even get me started on states and their dressings and their shows. ✋ I have been in US my whole life so let's not go that road.

C) How is cloths of preeta or any character a topic of discussion when we have the whole script to discuss. 

D) it's baseless comment that I am going to make but because this post demands it, 90% cases of rape in this world , specifically India are of women completely covered wearing literally salwar kameez in early night hours. So how you wear your cloths or at what time you are outside has nothing to do with rapes.

If you are too keen on seeing reality try news and not fictional shows.

What were you even implying at? 🤔

@Bold- Like I said, people are lazy, so they go for the easiest and simplest explanation that requires using less brain capacity to understand something; that girls wear short and revealing clothes that entice men to rape them. 

In reality, there are two reasons why men rape.... 1. To fulfill a sexual fantasy so they look for victims of opportunity whether it be a complete stranger or a family member.... has nothing to do with a victim enticing them.... which ever one is the most accessible and/ or best fits their fantasy is the victim of their fantasy play-out. 

2. To assert power and dominance..... this reason usually means the victims is someone they know and not a stranger and this person could have done something that hurts the rapists' ego, self-confidence etc in some way. This could be the spiteful ex, abusive husband or boyfriend, the boy you rejected or the boy you didn't pay any attention to, or even just a dominating and abusive family member. 

Above are the two main reasons why men rape, and never is a female enticing them with clothing usually the reason. It is all to do with the objective and intentions of the male perpetrator. 

Edited by sammy17 - 4 years ago
anandhi007 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I am new to this forum and this is the first post I saw. First of all, I've been to the USA as well. It's not very conservative there as you have mentioned and that's okay. And Shraddha and Dheeraj are professionals and friends and are decent people and in their line of work this isn't a big deal and I think their spouses must be aware of that fact given the nature of their jobs. If we go by your logic and definition then only married celebrities can romance on screen and act in movies or shows together which is stupid.So it makes no sense to accuse them of cheap behaviour or make crass comments on their clothing. And they romance on screen as well,or you gonna call that as cheating on their spouses? They are actors, it's a part of their job.

Main point, do you really think clothes are the reason women get raped? Have you seen the clothes of celebrities if we are going by your logic? Are they on the news for this? What you are doing is victim shaming and making the victim feel guilty for wearing "inappropriate" clothes while letting the rapist out of the loop. If I wear shorts on the road and go because it's summer and summer in India is hell then are you saying I am asking to be raped? You do realise that if I am consenting to it by wearing certain clothes then it really wouldn't be called a rape.

As people here mentioned itv especially kdb has a lot of problems like with their character arcs or storyline etc but costume definitely isn't one.

Edited by anandhisuresh - 4 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 years ago

Disagree with everything except that I see no point in this kind of "fashion" where it crosses from decency to obscenity . There should be a reason for it isnt it ..wearing anything as per choice is abs fine , women dressing up indecently on screen for god knows what reason, I find it absurd. I am sure there is no school or college in india where girls dress up like soty 2 . Or in offices or anywhere around us..its only in films or tv . May be in parties girls like to dress up that way but they r parties.so chalta hai. 

I dont watch kumkum but kundali everyone is pretty decently dressed up.