Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

karmachameleon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 4 years ago

K

She changed into her comfortable clothes, fixed her hair and walked to the balcony...

Surprised to see what was waiting for her..

The recliners were turned into a makeshift bed…

Flickering candles..

Overlooking the ocean…

Dinner..

And a gift box…

She heard his footsteps. She turned and said “when did you do all this?” She asked in sheer joy. She did like it. It was hard for him to figure out what the new Khushi liked. She started walking towards him but paused, she looked around like she was trying to find an invisible object..

She asked “do you hear something? Like music?” He replied “yes, I think the party is still going on and it’s below this deck, so we can hear it slightly.” She walked to the edge, held the hand rail and attempted to look down. Like a little child.

Her face looked blissfully content. And he let her be. Was it his overconfidence or he did actually see the old Khushi in her today, right now. She closed her eyes, taking all in..

The wind. 

The water.

The music.

The feeling…

She turned around to see him. Her husband. Who was already watching her, intently. He smiled and said “let’s eat?”

She replied “dance?” Stunned to hear that, he didn’t know how to react. She got closer to him and said again “dance?”

They could barely hear any music, but she wanted to dance. And he accepted, happily. 

Her body rested on his, without any restrictions of anyone watching them. He held her, tenderly, in his arms while they both swayed together...

Music was done.

So was their few minutes of dance.

Dinner finished.

They were laying on that bed..

She was resting on his arms..

She admired how the balcony looked so romantic, she said “did someone tell you, you are the best husband?”

He answered “actually, only you can tell me that. And you haven’t yet.” 

She smiled and replied “I will. Someday.” And giggled. 

He turned to see his beautiful wife and said “I have something for you.” And he reached the table to pick up the present and gave it to her.”

She looked at it, and then back at him and said “you already did so much, why this?” He replied “nothing is enough.”

She held the present and said “but I did not get you any present?” She was lost in thoughts now…

He brushed her face and said “you are my present” and kissed her hair..

“Open it.” He said. She sat up, and started opening it. It was a small square box. A jewelry box. She opened it. It was a ring. A beautiful ring.

She liked it. 

She smiled and said “are you proposing me?” out of nowhere. 

And chuckled.

While continuing to admire that ring..

“Yes.” That’s all he said without moving from his spot. She thought she misheard him. She turned to see him.. 

He was still laying on that bed. His face resting in his palm..

Observing her..

Attentively..

He stayed put. Without moving. She noticed his grin.

She held the ring, showed it to him, still holding it, and demanded “who proposes like this? 

“I do,” said her husband. And without any warning, he pulled her in, back in his arms and whispered “I can’t live like this anymore. I want you back in my life. Whole heartedly. All of you. And Aashna. With me. Not in parts. Not in pieces. Not in separate homes. Not in secret. I want us to be together. I want YOU. All of you. With me. Forever.

Too astounded to say anything…

The ring now buried in her fist…

Thoughts jumbled…

Words lost..

Too perplexed to say anything. He felt her distress, clear on her face.

He climbed her, gently, moved her hair from her face, looked directly in her eye and spoke “you don’t have to decide right now. Take your time. This wasn’t to pressure you. This was to let you know I am ready. Whenever you are. You can put the ring away for now.” And he attempted to take the ring to put it back in the box, but she didn’t let him. That was a good sign.

He let her hold it, smiled, and touched her lips with his. Sealing his offer. He placed her properly on his arm again and said “Happy New Year.”

Part K.5 Continues...

Edited by karmachameleon - 4 years ago
karmachameleon thumbnail

K.5

Either she was really tired of the long day.

Or the unplanned evening.

Or that sensuous night…

She had dozed off so quickly in his arms. She slept peacefully. 

What was the sound that woke her up? Music. Why were they still partying until this late? She looked around to hear the music again but nothing. It wasn’t the music. 

Night was much darker..

Quieter…

Colder...

It rang. Again.

She looked around to see the sound. It was his phone. It was ringing. She tried to grab it quickly to silent it while still half drowsy…

She saw the name. Sleep escaped her..

Her whole body froze. 

Bringing back all the horrifying memories..

That one person who her husband loved the most..

The person who her husband would do anything for…

The reason why he married her forcefully…

To save her marriage...

And ruined her life…

Di Calling…

She quietly passed the phone to her husband..

To Be Continued……

Please LIKE/Comment. LOVE reading each comment. Thank You!

karmachameleon thumbnail

Ignore! Lol

karmachameleon thumbnail

Ignore. Lol

karmachameleon thumbnail

Ignore. Lol

TheGirlofRavens thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Dear KC,

Your story Fate Mate introduced me to this very forum not to mention our beloved ficverse. That's how I met people out here who shared my love for the show. 

The magic your writing holds is unbelievable and unlike any other. I am incredibly happy that you decided to return and complete 300. 

I'll definitely be on board, reading it from the very start and letting you know my thoughts. 

Take care,

R

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

part A

Have Khushi and Arnav got back together after a separation?

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

After A, it jumps to J. Are there some missing parts?

lavanya.lavs thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Thanks for coming back 😊

Waiting for your update

srilathas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Im there

Would love to read your story

Please continue if u have time 

In the midst of crisis, your post really brought a smile