Yeh Rishtey Hai Pyaar Ke

Maa(si): A Kunal-Parul SS | Ch-3 updated on pg-4

aquaHP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Thank you to Journalgirl321, Samanalyse and Nikki_wanderer for helping me out with suggestions and sharing their wishlist with me for this Maa-beta jodi.

CHAPTER-1

Abir: “Bas ek baat accept karna baaki reh gaya hai.”

Kunal: “Bhai, aap jaante to ho mai Maasi ki kitni respect karta hoon but bachpan se Maa to wahi hain na.”

Abir: “Haan Nanko. Jaisa maine tujhse abhi kaha ki tu ab apne faisle khud lene laga hai and I feel proud about that. Aur mujhe pata hai ki tu ab bhi jo bhi faisla lega, wo sahi lega.”

With that, Abir leaves Kunal, alone on the balcony to ponder about what his next steps should be. He holds on to the staircase rail as the memories, since the day he found out the truth, started coming back to him, but in all those memories, one sticks out. The one where he had been talking to Abir about Nishant and in his tensed state, had called Parul “maasi”. She had told him that he can call her whatever he wants so he couldn’t fathom why his Bhai wanted him to call Parul Maasi as “Maa” and then he remembered Abir’s words, “Jo insaan tere ko pichhle 20 saalon se kisi aur ko Maa kehte hue dekh raha hai, usse Maa kehte hue tujhe sharam aa rahi ha? Tujhe waqt lag raha hai? Iss se weak excuse tu de hi nahi sakta tha, Nanko!”. Was he taking too much time to make a decision? Was Bhai right? As he was questioning himself, his alarm rang, signalling that it was time for the event.

Kunal took a deep breath to compose himself as he walked out of the house to face everyone. As decided, Kuhu stepped in front of the podium on seeing Kunal walk out to the gathering and called for everyone’s attention.

Kuhu: “Attention everyone! Sab se pehle mai aapke saamne unhe introduce karna chahungi jo iss company ki hi nahi balki humaari family, Rajvansh family, ki bhi captain hain. Mrs Meenakshi Rajvansh AKA Maa!”

As Kuhu called Meenakshi ‘Maa’, something shifted inside Kunal. His brain started buzzing with thoughts again. How could he give Meenakshi’s place to someone else? She has been his mother since he was a kid, but Parul had given birth to him. She had stuck around all these years just to see him grow up. She had given up her rights to give him the future that she could not provide for. But Meenakshi was his mother. She had been his guiding light all these years.. and then he heard his name.

Meenakshi: “…Kunal ne mujhe roka. Usne jee tod mehnat kar ke business ko yahaan tak pohonchaaya. Thank you, Kunal.”

Kunal gave a slight smile and clapped along with everyone. After all this time, he still did not know what to do. Jugnu stood beside his Kunal bhaiya waiting for him to pick up the scissors but Kunal seemed lost in his own world.

Jugnu: “Kunal bhaiya!”

Kunal: “Haan? Kya?”

Jugnu: “Kainchi dijiye na Benba ko. Sab intezaar kar rahe hain.”

Kunal: “Haan haan.”

Kunal took a deep breath again as he picked up the scissors, put a smile on his face and handed them to Jugnu’s Benba. He looked at Meenakshi and realized what he had just done when he saw Abir's shocked face in view behind Meenakshi.

Thank you for reading the 1st chapter. Hope you liked it. And if not, I guess that's okay too, but please do let me know your feedback so that I can improve and work on it for the next chapter.😊

Edited by aquaHP - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Wah! I honestly really liked it. 😳

I am intrigued as to what will happen next. The SS flowed well and didn't seem disjoint at any point. 

19sharu thumbnail

Pls continue Waiting eagerly

P.D.S thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I really like it. It's nice and crisp. You've done justice to the conflict and confusion that Kunal faces.

Waiting for the next part.

Edited by PureDrivenSnow - 4 years ago
NikkiSays thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Finally, you posted it. 🤗I was eagerly waiting to read this story. 

I loved that Kunal took his own decision rather than being pressured into calling Parul his maa. And also liked the fact that he didn't make a big scene in front of the media. What you wrote is much closer to the character of Kunal. 

My only complaint is that it was too short 😆 

I am eagerly waiting for the next part. 

peacenfun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

wow thanks for writing & sharing❤️

this is like fulfilling an unfulfilled wish of kunal's fans to see what kunal should have done instead of what he was made to do just for the need of the drama in the show🥺

its very well-written too👏

journalgirl321 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Awesome job, Pihu!! I'm so glad that you were finally able to get around to writing and posting this. I love how Kunal is actually taking the time to reflect in your story, as opposed to jumping the gun like he did in the show. This makes for much better potential to develop his character further. I'm really excited to see how he deals with the repercussions of what he just did in this story, and the choices he makes to understand himself and his identity. I know you won't disappoint me!

nami2811 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Nice job Pihu! 👍🏼

My complain too is it was too short.. Really excited to see what's next!

aquaHP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Thank you so much, you guys!!🤗

Sorry that it was too short but chapters of a short story would be short only na😆. Just kidding! The thing is I found a point to put in a cliffhanger and I couldn't help myself. I've always wanted to put in one.🙈

@Clarity: I am so happy that it didn't seem disjointed. I was really scared that the transition would seem to a bit off.

@19sharu: I'll try and update super soon-ish! 

@Snow: Phew!! I wasn't really sure if I was able to convey the conflict in his mind properly. I am still not but thanks for liking it. I will try and add more layers to it in further chapters. I hope you'll like it.

@Nikki: I am so sorry that you had to wait this long. I promise I won't make you wait longer for the next part.

Question is: Did Kunal take his own decision? Or did he just follow what Jugnu told him to do without even realising it??🧐 

@PF: I hate it too that we never get to see his POV in the show as well. We just have to keep deciphering Ritvik's expressions and though that's not a bad thing, I would love to get an insight into his struggle. That's what I was trying to do and hopefully, I can add more to it in following chapters.

@Meera: Sorry for making you wait this long! I will try my best to keep updating as soon as I can. Can I just say that your feedback got me excited for my own story but scared me as well when I realised that I am the one writing it🙆🏻‍♀️. Hopefully, I'll do justice to your excitement and expectations 🙈.

@Nami: Thank you!! Hint for upcoming chapters: I am trying to add more details to the superfast episodes we got so you'll probably get to see all characters. 

Lastly, a big thank you to all silent readers as well!! Even if y'all don't feel comfortable leaving a feedback, I hope you can show your support for the story by liking the post. Thank you everyone for reading!!🌻

Edited by aquaHP - 4 years ago
NikkiSays thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: aquaHP

Question is: Did Kunal take his own decision? Or did he just follow what Jugnu told him to do without even realising it??🧐 

Considering the fact that Kunal listens to each and everyone other than his wifey, he might have just agreed to whatever Jugnu told him to do. 😆 But you are the writer if this story, so you tell me. 😛

And please take your time to update your story. No pressure at all ❤️