xbeyondwordsx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Hey,

I didn't see any topic on Virgin River (Netflix series) so thought of making one.

Has anyone watched the show at all? 

The name is ridiculous, I know but damn, the show is SO good! I binge-watched it in two days. 

I initially started to watch it because it was recommend in one of the podcasts I listen to.

It's based on a book series by Robyn Carr with the same name. Based in a small town called Virgin River, it follows lives of various residents of the town. It's mainly centered on Mel Monroe, a nurse/midwife who moves to VR to start a fresh with past trauma and Jack Sheridan, a local bar owner /ex- marine who suffers from PTSD. 

It's such a heart-warming series - makes you go through so many emotions. The whole cast is brilliant. I went from laughing to cringing to crying - its just really good! 

The first season is 10 episodes and it does end with a cliffhanger.. I didn't know this when I went into watching it ðŸ˜³, so I now gotta wait for the next season which is likely to be out in late 2020. No confirmation of the exact date yet. 

Its definitely a must-watch show! 

I might go back and read the books, lets see (there are 17 of them in the series ðŸ¤“)

Have anyone else watched the show? Liked it? Hated it? 

Do share your thoughts 

Zoah x 

Edited by xbeyondwordsx - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GuardianDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

GIF hello welcome hi - animated GIF on GIFER - by Axebearer

I'll edit it once I watch it ðŸ˜†

Watching 'SHE' right now ðŸ¤”

xbeyondwordsx thumbnail

^Please do - its only 10 episodes (though I would have liked more ðŸ˜³)

FromTheAshes thumbnail

Virgin river was surely a treat to watch.

I watched it like in a day, ten episodes is an easy deal.

At first, I thought I won't like this show but boy I was surprised it was a great show.

I so loved Mel's character and her back story, I mean everything about this show was good.

I totally agree the show is heartwarming, you go through so many emotions during the show.

I also loved hope's character too.

At first Doc was a bit irritating but later own I liked his character.

and obviously liked jack's character although he has a few flaws. 

I am eagerly waiting for season 2.

xbeyondwordsx thumbnail

Originally posted by: ItsJustHrideyy

Virgin river was surely a treat to watch.

I watched it like in a day, ten episodes is an easy deal.

At first, I thought I won't like this show but boy I was surprised it was a great show.

I so loved Mel's character and her back story, I mean everything about this show was good.

I totally agree the show is heartwarming, you go through so many emotions during the show.

I also loved hope's character too. - I did like her but she went bit too far sometimes with her meddling ways ðŸ˜³

At first Doc was a bit irritating but later own I liked his character.

and obviously liked jack's character although he has a few flaws. 

I am eagerly waiting for season 2.

I know right?

Its such a lovely show, I can't say it enough.

Jack - he is one character that has so many flaws and I like that they've not tried to make him some alpha male. I do love Alpha males, don't get me wrong but lots of his flaws are due to his military days and PTSD. There's so much guilt and regret in him that he lets lot of things slide (i.e. Brady) I'm really looking to second season to see how they develop his character further.

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

I have watched a few episodes just for time passes of now.😆 But, Mel & Jack are an interesting duo. 

Edited by Meena_J - 4 years ago