#LadakuChokro Never Learns - HC P3 updated - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

#Ek Choti si EGO 

Kuhu woke up to Kunal blowing drying his silky hair. she admired him for a moment, before the events of last night darkened her thoughts. Without uttering a single sound, she stretched herself, walked to her cupboard to grab her outfit for the day. She spent few minutes rummaging around the clothes and decided she wanted to go Indo-west fusion today.  

Kunal sneaked glances at his wife, through the mirror waiting for her to speak up to ask about what happened last night, and an apology wouldn’t hurt either. But she was too engrossed in putting her ‘Outfit of the day’ that she didn’t even acknowledge his presence. Kuhu’s ignorance was frustrating him, he grabbed his razor and started trimming his already trimmed stubble to extend time for an opportunity for Kuhu to say something. 

Little did he know Kuhu was in the same boat, she was just giving Kunal some time to speak up, to talk about last night. “oooofffff” She heard a small scream of pain from Kunal. Without wasting a second Kuhu rushed towards him. “Kunal kya hua?” she looked at the red cut on his cheek closer to the ear, which the cause of his scream. “Uff Kunal you are bleeding, wait let me grab you a bandaid”. Kunal watched her rush to the bathroom and come back moments later, as he was cleaning his cut with detol. “Yeh lo Kunal” she tried handing him the band-aid, but he moved past her grabbed his coat and walked out muttering  “Nahi chahiye”. He paused by the room entrance for a second or two, hoping she would call out, he even slightly turned around, but she just stood there her back turned to him.  

Kuhu looked at her reflection, her fingers still holding the band-aid she had brought, why was she so weak against him. Why did even the slightest of his pain bother her so much that she forgot everything instantly? She took a deep breath, grabbed her outfit and went to freshen up.  

~ “arre bro tum kahan chali?” Abir asked as Kuhu stepped out of the house all decked up in her blue quirky saree with ruffles.  

“Bro, woh actually Maa ne mujhe ghar bulaya hai, kissi kaam se, shaam tak waapis aa jaungi” Kuhu smiled at Abir.  

“Oh how boring, tumhe dekh kar mujhe laga Kunal office ka bahana karke tumhe ghar se door quality time spend karne leke jaa raha hai”. Abir said placing his arm around Kunal and winking at Kuhu. “Yeah right! meri aisi kismat kaha bro, mera husband toh #workaholic hai” Kuhu replied in taunting tone.  

“Kabhi Kabhi you have to take advantage of the situation bro, Kunal tumhe drop kardega aur tum logo ko thora family free time bhi mil jayega”.  

“Please Bhai mein already bohut late ho chuka hun, aur waise bhi Maa mera wait bhi kar rahi hogi” Kunal said, throwing his jacket in the car. Abir glared at Kunal for his response ready to say something, but Kuhu interrupted. 

“It's okay bro, aapke Nanko ke liye mere ilawa sab kuch important hai!, main khud chali jaungi”.  

“arre yaar tum dono phir se shuru ho gaye, wait let me bring Mishti wahi tumhe samjhayegi aur tumhari ladai solve karegi” Abir said droping his arms in defeat, Kuhu rolled her eyes, as Abir walked away. Kunal grabbed Kuhu’s upper arm and pulled her closer.  

“Please kuhu, koi aur scene mat create karna Mishti ke saath, bhai already bohut upset hain aur main...”. Kuhu pulls her arm away from Kunal.  

“Please Kunal, mujhe #dramaqueen baneka koi shok nahi hai, aur scene create karna meri nahi #MishtiMahaan ki hobby hai”.Kunal was ready to interrupt her, but Kuhu didn’t give him the opportunity. “Aur frankly mere paas uss behenji ka #lecture suneka time nahi hai, so bye”. She walked off, while Kunal watched her as he tried to think of an excuse for Kuhu leaving, before Mishti and Abir came out.  

~Kuhu didn’t have any luck at the Maheswari’s house either. Varsha had called her to talk about her mini phone calls between her and Jasmeet, and how irrational it was for Jasmeet to behave in such a manner and to top it off for Kuhu to fall for her words.  

“Mishti, Mishti, Mishti, mujhe laga apne mujhse yahan mere baare mein baat karne ke liye bulaya hai” Kuhu said as she sat on her bed angrily. Varsha sighed, her daughter wasn’t getting it.  

“Main tumhare baare mein hi baat kar rahi hu Kuhu, tumhare aur Mishti ke”.  

“Exactly Maa,mere aur Mishti ke, meri har baat pe Mishti kaise aajati hai, yahan toh hamesha se hota hua aaraha hai aur yeh #sametrend ab Rajvansh sadan mein bhi shuru hogaya, Kunal toh is like going for #devar of the year award, woh bhi Mishti ki side lene laga hai” Kuhu huffed.  

“Kya?” Varsha was upset to learn that Kuhu and Mishti’s relation was becoming visible to the members of Rajvansh family.  

“Kuhu meri baat dhyaan se sun, tere aur Mishti ke beech jo bhi difference hai, woh tum dono ko resovle kar lene chahihye, main nahi chahati ki tum dono ki wajah se, Maa aur Bauji ka sir jhuke”. Varsha spoke soft as she sat next to her daughter.  

Kuhu got up in anger, “Oh really maa, hum dono ki wajah se, toh phir yeh lecture sirf mujhe kyun mil raha hai, apne Mishti ko yahan kyun nahi bulaya, usse kyun nahi kehete ki who apni #MishtiMaahaness kam karle?” Kuhu questioned.  

“Kuhu Sun!” Varsha got up angrily, but before she can continue, they were interrupted by BM.  

“Kyunki Mishti galat nahi hai”.  

“Dadi” Kuhu turned around feeling a little nervous. BM came close to Kuhu and gently held her by the arms.  

“Dekh Kuhu, yeh toh hum jaan hi gaye hai ki tujhe Mishti pasad nahi hai, isliye toh tune phele uska mandap liya, phir who pheli rihsoi drama aur ab resort mein kaise baat kar rahi thi Meenakshi ji ke baare mein, kyan yehi sikhaya hai humne?” BM asked Kuhu in her soft gentle tone. Kuhu felt her frustration grow at the fact that Mishti had told BM everything and here she was again being targeted because of her.  

“Oh toh #Pyaribeti Mishti ne meri complain already kardi hai!” Kuhu snapped a little, but Varsha told her to watch herself.  

“Complaint nahi ki, Kuhu, Mishti bas tumahara acha chahati hai, woh sirf tujhe samjhana chahati hai aur ladai toh bilkul nahi karna chahati”. BM explained. 

“Oh really dadi, aapko kya lagta hai ki Mishti koi saint hai, Dadi who aapke saamne kuch aur mere saamne kuch aur banti hai, she just wants to be the #best” BM looked at Varsha and sighed, it seemed futile to talk to Kuhu or expect to knock any sense into her.  

“Kuhu, main kaise tujhe samjahun, tune toh jaisie decide karliya hai Mishti ko hate karne ka, hum kuch bhi kahey tujhe koi farak nahi padega” BM said in a disappointed tone, which Kuhu made feel even small. All this time she had tried so hard to never disappoint her Dadu, dadi or her mom and dad and yet here she was being lecture on the disappointment she had been. She even put up with Mishti and her games in childhood because she never wanted them to feel bad. 

“Sahi kaha apne Dadi, main Mishti ko hate karti hun, utna hi jitna aap log mujhe galat samajte ho”. Kuhu grabbed her bag from her bed and walked out leaving the Maheswari house. Varsha called after her but she did not stop.  

Edited by lopli - 3 years ago

very well written, totally in line with the characters of the show & the ongoing track👏👍🏼

the details, the dialogues are superb🥳

so I dont know whether to be happy that you have written it so beautifully that I could imagine it as a scene in the episode or should be upset that even in the parallel universe Kuhu's miseries continue for same reasons💔

Edited by peacenfun - 3 years ago

Originally posted by peacenfun

very well written, totally in line with the characters of the show & the ongoing track👏👍🏼

the details, the dialogues are superb🥳

so I dont know whether to be happy that you have written it so beautifully that I could imagine it as a scene in the episode or should be upset that even in the parallel universe Kuhu's miseries continue for same reasons💔

Glad you liked 😊

@bold- pheww, I was trying to stay true to the characters, which is why I was afraid to continue this one. 

Woww. Best. Waiting for next prt. 

Ria, I love this! This is pretty different from the usual HC or short story, in that it sticks to the characterization of the characters without altering them to fit our fantasies or imaginations, but I honestly needed this! With the show not airing now, I feel like I'm reading real episodes in your story. I'm excited to see where you take this!

Thank you!!! THANK YOU!!❤️💙❤️

I love the way you've continued this! This is so so perfect!!! Also, so true to the characterization in the show! I want to read the next chapter already. I'm so excited!!!

EDITED TO ADD: I realised that I didn't really have you any feedback on the story because I didn't think there was anything I could say apart from "Perfect" that can describe my feelings. I still think the same but the scene you've written with BM and Varsha deserves a special mention because it transported me back to the Holi episode. 

Edited by aquaHP - 3 years ago

I agree with everyone. It's sad but it's great that you've stayed true to characters and current story.

Oh and thanks for the blue saree 😉. Now we've established it's KuKu's colour, it makes it more special.

I loved the second part of the story Ria. Like everyone said, all the characters were similar to the show so it is easier to connect to the story. ❤️ 

#Looking for Kuhu Rajvansh 

Kunal parked his car in front of Rajvansh Sadan. He had a terrible day at work, he kept thinking back to the night before and Kuhu’s ignorant behavior, he wanted to know what had gotten into her suddenly, why was she behaving in such manner like the family didn’t matter to her. She had never done anything like this before, she would always bring in her Kuhuness and control the situation and today she didn’t even bother to ask him about it.  

He entered the house, only to find it very quiet, the only sound was from Parul cooking in the kitchen.  

“Massi...uhh... mera matlab hai Maa, sab log kaha hai?” Kunal questioned.  

“woh Ben Baa apne room mein hain, aur baaki sab Abir ke NGO gaye hai!”.  

“Kuhu bhi?” 

“Nahi kuhu nahi, actually Kuhu toh abhi tak apne ghar se waapis hi nahi aayi”. Parul replied facing Kunal. They both looked at the clock, it was almost 9:30pm, Kuhu never stayed that late.  

“Kaafi late hogaya hai Kunal, tum aisa Kyun nahi karte ki tum Kuhu ko jaa kar pick karlo” Parul suggested.  

Hmm not a bad idea, issi bahane mein usse raaste mein samjha bhi dunga Kunal thought to himself. “Okay massi.... I mean Maa... mein Kuhu ko le ata hun”.  

~ Kunal was outside the Maheswari house, as it was late, he decided to just have Kuhu come outside. He tried her phone couple times but there was no answer. He dialed up Varsha. “Kunal beta kaise ho?” she asked. “thik hun Maa, who mein Kuhu ko lene aaya tha, aap please usse bahar behej dengi?” Kunal asked politely.  

“Kuhu ko, likin Kunal beta Kuhu toh bohut time phele hi yahan se chali gayi” Varsha’s voice tensed up, as she realized that her upset daughter might have gone somewhere else.  

“Chali gayi, likin kahan? Who apna phone bhi nahi utha rahi” Kunal stated. 

“oh acha, tum bahar wait karo Kunal main Shaurya ko bhejti hun, tumhari help ke liye”. Hearing the worry in Varsha’s voice, Kunal tried to keep her calm. 

“Nahi maa aap papa ko disturb mat karo, ho sakta hai, woh koi event plan kar rahi ho Neha ke saath, mein check karke aapko bata dunga”. Varsha agreed but was still concerned about her daughter’s safety. She should have called Kuhu, after she had left in anger.  

~Kunal called Neha, Kuhu’s assistant decorator, but she didn’t know where Kuhu was. Kunal was starting to worry a little, as he started driving to look for Kuhu as he continued dialing her cellphone. After driving for another half hour or so, he thought to check one of Kuhu’s favorite spot an outdoor café close to the colony where the Maheswari’s lived.  

Yeh laadki bhi na, iska gussa toh bas naak par hi reheta hai, hamesha koi na koi scene create karne ko #ready!  aur upar se phone bhi nahi utha rahi Kunal sighed. He parked the car at the café and spotted Kuhu right away. She was surrounded by a few kids most of them looked under the age of 10 and probably lived in the colony. He watched as Kuhu helped one female kid fix her jump rope, who then thanked her with placing a small peck on Kuhu’s cheeks. Kuhu smiled brightly and hugged the little girl, smothering her with love. The image was so serene, that it made Kunal smile at his wife’s cuteness. She looked extremely beautiful in the saree and innocent. Kunal thought about their earlier argument, felt bad for speaking to her like that in the morning. Kunal got out of his car and walked towards her, his gaze set on her.  

“Tum?” Kuhu looked up as Kunal got closer. “tum yahan kya kar rahe ho?” She questioned him suspiciously.   

“Apni hashtag queen ke liye aaya hun!” Kunal mentally patted himself for his witty reply. Kuhu almost smiled but held herself, although Kunal noticed her lips curl up slightly. She was so gullible in a good way. “Ghar chalein?” Kunal asked as he put his hand forward. It was such a small gesture, but it made Kuhu’s heart skip a beat, the fact that Kunal came here looking for her made her happy, that at least he cared. Kuhu took few seconds to respond.  

“Sorry, par mujhe abhi ghar nahi jaana”. Kuhu said walking past him and plopping down on of the chairs.  

“Ghar nahi jaana, matlab?” 

“Nahi jaana matlab nahi jaana #NO, Mujhe bhuk lagi hai”. Kuhu lied. She was avoiding going home, she wasn’t ready to see Mishti yet, as it would just trigger her emotions again. She had spent most of the day shopping for her event planning business. She liked being out here in the open, breathing fresh air, enjoying the moonlight and with Kunal here made it even better, even though they were amidst a fight. 

Kunal sat across from her. Kuhu called up a waiter.  

“Ek coffee, aur maggie” she ordered for herself. The waiter turned to Kunal, “mere liye bhi same!”.    

“Tum toh qeto pe ho na!” Kuhu questioned him, placing her elbows on the table.  

“Tum itna bhao kha sakti ho, toh mein kya ek din qeto skip nahi kar sakta”. He taunted her. 

Kuhu huffed and slumped back on her chair, she started looking around, avoiding looking at him directly. Kunal watched her intently, hoping she would say something, but when she didn’t, he became restless. He didn’t know why or what made him say it, well actually he knew what, the fact that it had been nagging him since last night. He looked at Kuhu and asked in a flat tone, “Kuhu tum kal raat neeche kyun nahi aayi?”. Kuhu looked at him with confusion. 

Next chapter is hopefully explosive Kuhu, now the question is how much explosive do we want her to be?

Edited by lopli - 3 years ago

wow you updated, so quick❤️👍🏼

loved it, so sweet of you for including Kuhu's fav hideout😎

and Kunal trying to manao Kuhu is so cute

waiting for explosive Kuhu, I want her to go all out this time, no holding back

Edited by peacenfun - 3 years ago