Tujhse Hai Raabta

Solving the Mystery 2 parts Part 2 final part updated

rekha_crm thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Hi all, I have tried writing Anupriya's release from jail (not bailed out). Intro of Rachit is similar to show but no involvement of any kidnapping, Sampu or Atharv. 

Introduction

Rachit comes into AN as Kalyani's friend and senior from school. He charms everyone and gains entry to live there. Kalyani helps him to set up his office in Aurangabad during which time, he proposed to her saying he had been in love with her since school days. Kalyani explained that she was a married woman with a kid and she could not live without her husband and kid. 

Rachit at first had seemed to have accepted Kalyani’s answer but as days passed, he harassed Kalyani. Malhar arrests Rachit for harassment.. Rachit, being a rich man, had come out the very next day bailed out by his lawyer. 

After being released from jail, Rachit had turned more spiteful. He wanted to nurse his wounded ego and he had targeted Swara. He had tried to misbehave with Swara who put on a very brave fight. Anupriya also fought along with her, when a gun from Rachit's back pocket fell into her hands. She aimed the gun at Rachit and threatened to shoot him but he continued his aggressive behaviour. It looked as though Swara would fall off the cliff and that's when Anupriya had lost it and pulled the trigger to stop him. 

Malhar had arrested Anupriya and earned the wrath of all in the family, yet he had done his duty unflinchingly.  

Part 1 - below

Edited by rekha1975 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rekha_crm thumbnail

Part 1 

"Sir! Rachit's body has been found near the lake at the border of the village." Pawar informed Malhar over the phone. 

"Ok Pawar, I'll arrange to send the forensic team and the medical examiner immediately and be there ASAP. Make sure no one goes near the body. No evidence should be disturbed. As it is we may not get much." Malhar instructed. 

Malhar had immediately called his team and the forensic experts to gather whatever evidence they would be able to find. He reached the site and examined the decomposing body. The police had taken the statement of the person who had found it. The body was sent for an autopsy as per procedure. 

Back in his cabin, Malhar sank into his thoughts. "How did Rachit's body end up at the lakeside?" "Something was not right. If Rachit had died due to Mai's shot, his body would have been recovered either at the base of the cliff where he had fallen off or atleast between the dense bushes and trees surrounding the area. The body recovered from a place other than the crime site itself was suspicious enough for him to draw a conclusion that definitely there was someone else involved."

Malhar began linking points in his mind. When he had reached the site where Rachit had been shot by Mai, he had precisely seen Mai holding a gun and a bullet slashing through Rachit after which Rachit had staggered to the edge and fallen off the cliff. 

As the police team had not been able to recover the body at that time, they had not been able to determine if the bullet which had shot Rachit had been from the gun Anupriya was holding but he had not seen any other suspicious person lurking there either. 

Now he was sure there had been someone else there who had killed Rachit after he had fallen off the cliff. He was sure that Mai would be proved innocent once the autopsy and forensic reports arrived and they got to know the real cause of Rachit's death. 

"Was it a personal enemy of Rachit who had just found it convenient to dump his body there?" Malhar was getting impatient. 

As though reading his thoughts, the medical examiner Dr Sharma called and Malhar got there as soon as he could and went to the coroner's  office. 

"Hello Dr Sharma, what does your report say?" he asked.

"ACP Rane, a bullet has been retrieved from the body but that was not the cause of his death. It was just lodged in his body and did not enter his spinal cord. There are multiple injuries and abrasions on his body as he rolled down the cliff."

"So, Dr Sharna, if the bullet did not kill him, what's the cause of death?" 

"The cause of death is a blow to his head. His skull has been severely damaged. and been hit with a heavy metal object. It was a blunt force trauma which causes instant death."

He was probably tied up and beaten before the final blow as there were rope marks around his torso, hands and legs. There were also marks of being belted.

"Were you able to determine the time of his death?"

"No ACP, it is difficult to give an exact time as 72 hours have passed and the body has begun to decompose. Furthermore, it has been in the water." 

"Thanks Dr Sharma please send your official report ASAP." 

"Will do."

On his way back to the police station, Malhar called Sarthak. "Kaka, there is hope that Mai can be released soon. Prepare for the next hearing in court which is after two days."

Two days later, once again the members of AN had gathered in the court. Anupriya was brought in. Everyone rose and there was a heavy silence as the judge walked in and took his place. Malhar had submitted a copy of the coroner's report and the bullet retrieved from Rachit's body as evidence. The ballistics report confirmed that the bullet was indeed from the gun that Anupriya had held but there was enough proof that it had not killed Rachit. 

The person who had found the body near the lake and Dr Sharma were asked to testify and their statements were recorded. Atlast the judge was convinced that the murder weapon was not the gun which Anupriya had fired and he announced that Mrs Anupriya Rane was not guilty and she would be released from police custody with proper documentation. The judge further ordered the police department to continue their investigation to find the real culprit. 

All the family members heaved a sigh of relief. Malhar was glad that Mai would be back home and Kalyani would become her cheerful self again. His Kaka, whose face had lost its charm, would smile again. 

Anupriya was glad to be back home with her loved ones. She had missed Kalyani and Sarthak too. She knew he had felt let down by her stubbornness to surrender herself. She had been upset with herself that she was capable of taking a life. Before going to sleep she promised herself that she would take the effort to mend her relationship with Sarthakji. For the first time in the past three days Anupriya slept peacefully knowing that she had not killed a person even for self defence. 

Malhar was glad that Mai was back home where she belonged and her innocence proved. He had to begin the investigation by delving into Rachit's life before he landed in Aurangabad. 

Kalyani who entered the room saw him lost in his thoughts. She felt bad to see the lines of worry on his forehead. "Malharji I'm sure we'll find out who did this. Don't worry I'll help you."

"Not we Kalyani, me and my team will do this. Whoever is behind this seems very dangerous and I don't intend to endanger your life." 

"But…..I want to help you with the investigation."

"Kalyani, you can do your part  by recollecting all the little details about Rachit, his family, his friends… any sort of information that may be useful." 

"Ok…"

"Please assure me that you will not venture out by yourself trying to find out something and end up putting yourself in danger." 

"Trust me Malharji, I won't do anything of that sort but sometimes my ideas are better….."she said  cheekily. 

A smile creeped to his face, "Yes they are but it's better if you share them with me and let me do my job without worrying about your safety. Trust me Kalyani, I'll not take credits for your work." 

Kalyani rested her head on his shoulder. "Let's sleep now. You look so tired." 

…..continued…...

pyaar2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Very nice . Pls check pm i am titli. 

Bacillusbadius thumbnail

Interesting concept 

loved the detailing

Malhar ji is best! 

AnuSar❤️

KalMa❤️

loved how Malhar explained Kalyani

this is what KalMa working together 

And thanks for no kidnapping, blackmailing 

rekha_crm thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Bacillusbadius

Interesting concept 

loved the detailing

Malhar ji is best! 

AnuSar❤️

KalMa❤️

loved how Malhar explained Kalyani

this is what KalMa working together 

And thanks for no kidnapping, blackmailing 

Thanks. Wanted to try something about Malhar's profession.

rekha_crm thumbnail
rekha_crm thumbnail
Priyapriyu thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

It’s interesting....

You write so good yarrr....

rekha_crm thumbnail

Part 2 

Pawar did the background check on Rachit and found that he had no family. His parents had died when he was young. He was brought up by an uncle who funded his education but  took every opportunity to put him down. Hence, he had run away from their home at the age of 16. He had worked with a small company and through hard work rose enough to start one of his own. 

The next 2-3 days Kalyani spent on calling all her school friends to find out if they had also known Rachit during those days. She had shortlisted the ones who had been in touch with him until 1 - 2  years ago and gave it to Malhar. 

All of them lived in Pune so Malhar requested the help of Inspector Shinde in Pune police department to assist in questioning them. These friends did not have much to say as they had not been in contact with Rachit since one more than a year. What they had to say till then was also nothing useful to the case. 

Similarly, the police had gone to Rachit's company in Pune. Each and every employee was questioned separately. The company records and accounting details had been thoroughly checked.  

That's where they found a lot of discrepancies. A lot of money had been swindled. The accountant, Mr Pathak looked petrified and it was easy to figure out that he had aided the person behind it. They had also found that very recently a huge amount of money had been paid to someone. 

Mr Pathak was arrested by the police and taken in for further questioning in Malhar's presence. 

Inspector Shinde - “Mr Pathak would you explain why there are such alterations in the accounting records.”

Pathak - “I don't know anything sir. Please let me go.” 

Shinde - “We will let you go once you give us the truth. Being an accountant, you cannot say I don't know. Either you know who did this or you did them yourself.” 

He kept parroting his words and the police had to use their methods. By the time they were done, he was ready to spill the beans.

Malhar - “Mr Pathak, tell us everything regarding the account discrepancies, to whom was such a huge amount paid to and lastly Who wanted Rachit dead and why?” 

Pathak - "His business partner Mr Trilok Marate. He was the one who asked me to alter the accounts. He has been stealing big amounts from the company funds and asking me to make alterations in such a way that no one could figure out a lump sum has been amassed. It took me a lot of extra work to do what he said. I had to make discrepancies in almost every transaction including petty cash to fit it in.”

Pathak continued saying that Trilok and Rachit had been in college together. Trilok had entered the company as an employee and soon gained the trust of Rachit. Rachit had to travel abroad a lot in the past 2 years, so he made Trilok his business partner with 40 percent shares. Trilok was not happy but he kept quiet. 

Malhar - “Why did you do it? Weren’t you scared that you would be caught by auditors?”

Pathak - “Sir I refused to do it as I did not want to cheat Rachit Sir. He had always been a kind person to everyone in the office. Everyone respected him. Many did not like Trilok as he went about with an attitude.” 

Malhar - “Go ahead…”

Pathak - “Sir Trilok threatened to have my family killed, sent goons to our house and had our family under control, I couldn't make any complaint to the police.”

Malhar - “Why did Trilok need so much money, do you know anything about his family, where he lives?”

Pathak - Yes Sir, his address can be found in the company’s HR records. I can also give you the address as I have been to his house once or twice and have seen his wife but no one else from his family.”

Pathak went on to say that Trilok had a very extravagant lifestyle and he was a regular gambler. He had lost a lot of money in gambling and the debtors were chasing him for money and he needed the money for that.

Inspector Shinde had recorded Pathak’s statement and  issued an arrest warrant for Mr Trilok Marate. Trilok Marate was brought in and being questioned. 

Shinde - “You have been arrested for defrauding company funds Mr Marate. Mr Pathak has given his statement. Could you tell us why you did so.”

Trilok - “I needed the money to pay off my debtors. They were at my doorstep every other day threatening to expose my gambling to my wife and children. I could not let my children see my weakness, so I decided to use company funds. I thought that Rachit may not figure it out since he had recently gotten obsessed with his childhood friend Kalyani in Aurangabad. He moved to Aurangabad spending a lot of money to set up an office there.”

Malhar - “I think Rachit did find out about it and that's why you had him killed isn’t it Mr Marate?”

Trilok - “Rachit found out about the money going missing from the company funds and confronted me.  He had threatened to hand me over to the authorities for defrauding. I was aware of the partnership clause in the partnership agreement that if Rachit prematurely dies, his property would either go to his wife and children. If he had none to claim, all the property would automatically go to his business partner.”

Malhar - “You killed a man just to safeguard your image in the society and covet his money. You framed Anupriya Rane for it but you made a mistake. Why did you dump his body in the lake?”

Trilok held his head and started crying -,”That was the only mistake I made, I trusted my driver to dispose Rachit’s body far away from Aurangabad, but that man dumped it in the lake in Aurangabad border thinking it would not be found.”

Trilok’s driver was also arrested for his involvement in the disposal of the body. The murder weapon, a sledge hammer was retrieved from the place mentioned in the driver's statement. Their fingerprints and DNA were taken to match with any evidence that the forensics would have found. 

Atlast, Trilok Marate was brought to trial and declared guilty of defrauding company funds and murdering Rachit. His driver and Mr Pathak the accountant were also sentenced for aiding and abetting a crime. 

Malhar and Kalyani were atlast at peace that they had solved the case and no one from their family was harmed in the process. 

Edited by rekha1975 - 4 years ago
Bacillusbadius thumbnail

Nice

loved the detailing

ACP Malhar Rane👍🏼

nice case

Trilok and Rachit connection 👍🏼

thanks for writing