Posted: 4 years ago

Hi Guys! So with all this time in my hands due to quarantine, I finally got the chance to watch Kabir Singh.

And boy what a film it is! Shahid's performance was a standout on this film,

What is everyone's thoughts on this movie?

Its a wonderful film! Kabir Singh the best Indian lover on screen ❤️ Doctor ho,bhai ho,boyfriend ho,dost ho,gunda ho.. toh Kabir Singh jaisa ho warna na ho. What a great Indian male character! ❤️ And Preeti, simply the best woman character we have seen in a Bollywood movie. What dialogues she has said! Powerful dialogues! Simply, the best Indian love story ❤️

The movie is good. I found the Telugu original better. You must see the work Vijay has done.

Here's the thing: when I was watching the Telugu movie (KS wasn't released still), I balked at a few scenes. But then I was like no, the writer / director wouldn't have this mentality, and this is just a piece of art. I swear this went through my head. Also, no offense to my South friends here, but I had this notion that sexism is higher in general in the South movies.

Lekin uske baad bhai jo director ne apna mooh khola hai. Gutter.

No doubt that Shahid’s acting was amazing....but a totally unbelievable, sexist and not to mention crazy story!!

Originally posted by AllThatCritique

Its a wonderful film! Kabir Singh the best Indian lover on screen ❤️ Doctor ho,bhai ho,boyfriend ho,dost ho,gunda ho.. toh Kabir Singh jaisa ho warna na ho. What a great Indian male character! ❤️ And Preeti, simply the best woman character we have seen in a Bollywood movie. What dialogues she has said! Powerful dialogues! Simply, the best Indian love story ❤️

🤣

Very progressive and modern, feminist film. Kabir Das would have been flattered had he still been alive.

I don't know...the same people who will cry from the rooftops about censorship being draconian and archaic.....had a problem with Kabir Singh being made ...And released..

No he's not the best anything...doctor maybe...I don't know...its a movie about deeply flawed characters..

I thought the films was problematic as hell. The Indian audiences just aren't ready to distinguish the glorification of the lead character's violence and misogyny from fiction to their real lives. They will emulate and celebrate the despicable behaviour displayed by Kabir Singh. And for that reason the film deserved all the discussion it created.

However, I also thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Shahid Kapoor's performance was outstanding. He deserved all the awards for it. It is my favourite film of 2019 currently. I appreciate it as a piece of art and applaud it, but still find it a problem for society at large. Who's with me?

Originally posted by Rekha_ji

I thought the films was problematic as hell. The Indian audiences just aren't ready to distinguish the glorification of the lead character's violence and misogyny from fiction to their real lives. They will emulate and celebrate the despicable behaviour displayed by Kabir Singh. And for that reason the film deserved all the discussion it created.

However, I also thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Shahid Kapoor's performance was outstanding. He deserved all the awards for it. It is my favourite film of 2019 currently. I appreciate it as a piece of art and applaud it, but still find it a problem for society at large. Who's with me?

Sat pratishat agree.

The biggest problem is it was not intended as an arty character study. The director actually really thinks like that in real life. From his perspective that is "true love" ! 🤢

I thought it was awesome 😈