Posted: 4 years ago

I just never had expectations from the film, it looked so low budget, but the movie was so engrossing, it was the direction and shahid's acting, I was completely immersed in Kabir's story.  shahid really kept the character gray and made you hate him, laugh at him but also somewhere feel sorry for him too.  and the director and the other actors were so good too, because you felt for everyone trying to help Kabir, and you felt their pain and frustration.

My favorite movie of 2019 and one of the best performances in a long time, when everything these days is about persona and showboating.

It is problematic in India that young men emulate Bollywood heroes, but movies are movies, not reality, and they shouldn't be held responsible for society's problems.  then there would be nothing but propaganda or documentaries to watch.

so I didn't get the criticism for the director and actors for what a fictional character does.  what an interesting character they created, enjoy in the theaters.

I actually felt the movie bought the discussion to the forefront.

Good or bad, loved how it rattled feminazis and liberals

It was a enjoyable movie. Shahid was top notch in his performance.

And I was all willing to just see it as a piece of art but then the promotions happened and shit went downhill.

The director and the actor instead of saying that yes Kabir Singh is a flawed character and is made to only entertain and should be only seen as that rather went on to justify that how Kabir Singh is innocent and was just in love and angry with Preeti for her lack of stand and hit her out of love. There is no hitting your partner in middle of a road out of love. Ofcourse it was going to invite controversy. But that increased the film's buzz. So I guess the strategy worked.

Originally posted by 2RsFan

Good or bad, loved how it rattled feminazis and liberals

Anyone rattled over fiction got way too much time in their hands 😎

Originally posted by AllThatCritique

Its a wonderful film! Kabir Singh the best Indian lover on screen ❤️ Doctor ho,bhai ho,boyfriend ho,dost ho,gunda ho.. toh Kabir Singh jaisa ho warna na ho. What a great Indian male character! ❤️ And Preeti, simply the best woman character we have seen in a Bollywood movie. What dialogues she has said! Powerful dialogues! Simply, the best Indian love story ❤️

Konsa dialogues bhai🤣

Love your humor

Originally posted by AllThatCritique

Its a wonderful film! Kabir Singh the best Indian lover on screen ❤️ Doctor ho,bhai ho,boyfriend ho,dost ho,gunda ho.. toh Kabir Singh jaisa ho warna na ho. What a great Indian male character! ❤️ And Preeti, simply the best woman character we have seen in a Bollywood movie. What dialogues she has said! Powerful dialogues! Simply, the best Indian love story ❤️

Baby I didn’t let my ex-husband touch me. He didn’t touch me baby. Take me back. 

And here baby ka baba has fcked up half the city. 

I mean look at the balance they have. Preeti is goals. 

It was entertaining. The story, performances, music especially the background score were amazing. I loved the film.

Originally posted by NimbuMirchi

Baby I didn’t let my ex-husband touch me. He didn’t touch me baby. Take me back. 

And here baby ka baba has fcked up half the city. 

I mean look at the balance they have. Preeti is goals. 

Baba didn't fcuk anyone, baba's every operation failed because he failed to perform, just stating that trait in the character, where Kabir did wanted to fcuk around to move over, but he couldn't perform due to Preeti flashbacks.

Not defending his character, or saying that since he didn't ended up fcuking them, so he was as chaste or pure or sacha mard idol of a MCP like me, just telling a fact of the script that Kabir/Arjun couldn't have sex with any other girl than Preeti.

Originally posted by Ass_Hole

Majority of the people love and hate this movie for the wrong reasons. 

Kabir Singh on the surface level is the story of a guy who has huge temper and rage issues. But it's just not about that. This is a love story of two extremely polar opposite individuals. Many films have been made on this concept since eternity but Kabir Singh showed the raw and dark side of it. 

Kabir is a short tempered, egoistic, angry young man. Preeti is a meek, shy and introverted girl. As their relationship progresses, you see how these two bring changes in each other. They complete each other. Sure this relationship looked forced on Preeti in the beginning. But Preeti was not some abla nari in front of Kabir. She dared to slap him just because he shouted at her, and Kabir who is labeled as the poster boy of toxic masculinity didn't get angry, just laughed and apologized for shouting at her. 

Preeti still was a spineless woman for not standing up for her love in front of her father and that is what made Kabir really angry. Because Kabir was moving heaven and Earth for his love and he didn't want Preety to just sit there like a damsel-in-distress, like we see in most love stories where the hero fights for his lady love like she's a trophy. Kabir Singh was actually being a feminist when he wanted Preety to stand by her, fight with her for their love. The slap from Kabir to Preety was a wake up call to her, though I'm not denying that he went overboard. But remember that this guy still has anger management issues. Slapping her doesn't make him a misogynist. He would have done the same thing if there was a guy in place of Preety.

The people who love this movie and Kabir Singh's personality just see his style, swag and boldness. Those who hate him just remember the slap and his aggressive nature. But this movie is much more than that.

Totally agree with this. Loved the relationship and deep love Kabir and Preeti share. 

Films in the 70s and 80s and even early-mid 90s had random R4P3 scenes commonly thrown in them - my theory is that because "sex scenes" were too taboo , showing a R4P3 scene was the titilating justified exception to excite the men in the audience (also pushed by the fact P0RN0GR4PHY was not freely available until the 2000s with the internet). 

And look at the MESS surrounding R4P3 cases in India today. 

Kabir Singh is equally T0XIC. That is the problem I have with it. It's not about being rattled by fiction. Please get educated.