Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Her-mion-e

I don't think there is any time for this. Also some onus lies on state government too. Many r doing great work.. Center needs to ensure supply is there

From what i read the state govts had no idea that a complete lockdown was going to be ordered... The meeting before that was abt states doing individual lockdowns while centre took care of airports, ports, foreign travels... The complete shutdown caught all the state govts unaware and now they are the ones working double time helping the citizens... 

Atleast that's what I've read

.... So it would have made sense to atleast give  3 - 4 days for citizens and states to prepare and generally keep the junta curfew going on till then..... instead of locking everything in literally 4 hours....  

Yes the infection spreads very fast but what abt the people left on the roads.... Its not possible that all of them will escape the infection.... And then how fast will it spread in the villages and the slums??.... 

We have locked up the middle and upper class and essentially left the poor to fend for themselves.... In terms of numbers the damage could end up being worse.... 

Though I'm hoping that my understanding is completely wrong and we manage to get out of this with minimal loss of life... 

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Financial Package has been announced by the GOVT today

People like him are sad that indians are not dying like other countries, so they lost the chance to bash modi and govt in better way. Pathetic scumbags who want  to run their agenda in such tough times. Even mamta didi got her senses but not these idiots. 

People here think everything will be done in one day or 2. If govt has done lockdown earlier, all indians wouldve cried why govt is locking down? Lockdown is needed big time and other things can be done one by one. People need to stop acting like everything will be done perfectly in a day or two.  It takes time and first step was lockdwon which was necessary. It is 140 crore population. You can't make everyone happy in a day. All i see govt employees working hard here in time of crises. If can't appreciate, then atleast stfu.

Edited by Ronaldo_fan - 4 years ago
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: bips

From what i read the state govts had no idea that a complete lockdown was going to be ordered... The meeting before that was abt states doing individual lockdowns while centre took care of airports, ports, foreign travels... The complete shutdown caught all the state govts unaware and now they are the ones working double time helping the citizens... 

Atleast that's what I've read

.... So it would have made sense to atleast give  3 - 4 days for citizens and states to prepare and generally keep the junta curfew going on till then..... instead of locking everything in literally 4 hours....  

Yes the infection spreads very fast but what abt the people left on the roads.... Its not possible that all of them will escape the infection.... And then how fast will it spread in the villages and the slums??.... 

We have locked up the middle and upper class and essentially left the poor to fend for themselves.... In terms of numbers the damage could end up being worse.... 

Though I'm hoping that my understanding is completely wrong and we manage to get out of this with minimal loss of life... 

What i know at least in my state couple of districts were already locked when entire country locked down announcement happened.. A day before 75 places were locked down including full maharashtra and delhi

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Her-mion-e

What i know at least in my state couple of districts were already locked when entire country locked down announcement happened.. A day before 75 places were locked down including full maharashtra and delhi

Yes those were the shutdowns by the state govts as per whichever areas they felt were more vulnerable... 

kantalaga_ thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

BREAKING: ₹1.7 lakh crore economic relief package announced for poor, daily wagers, Finance Ministry to begin disbursements immediately. #Lockdown21

So far India has managed better than many powerful country like USA, Italy,Spain etc

The least one would expect is the police to atleast be human. The way they are conducting is inhuman. Nowadays people get blind by power, bas lathi haath mein mil gayi toh kuch bhi karoge

https://twitter.com/jyotipunwani/status/1243069843332452352?s=19

https://twitter.com/Zebaism/status/1243084378751651841?s=19

https://twitter.com/siddhantvm/status/1242751874895204359?s=19

Originally posted by: kantalaga_

BREAKING: ₹1.7 lakh crore economic relief package announced for poor, daily wagers, Finance Ministry to begin disbursements immediately. #Lockdown21

So far India has managed better than many powerful country like USA, Italy,Spain etc

And best thing it will go down in bank accounts of bpl so no corruptiom

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: bips

We have lakhs of workers in the unorganised sector.... At the lockdown they were turned out of their factory (where most of them had temp living arrangements).... 

But they couldn't go back home to their village bec the trains and buses stopped.... 

So now we have thousands of people who are either living on the road without any food or money.... Or there are some who walked the whole day for 100s kms to reach their village... 

Basically the poor are in a mess.... There are lots of media reports regarding this... This is what he talking about 

but its not like anybody planned a nation-wide band...... corona has already started spreading.......immediate lock down was to ensure that minimum people get the virus.....

yes, trains and buses had to be stopped, but that was not a out of the blue announcement....... since past 2 weeks government was requesting companies to reduce staff, make most work from home.......people in non-essential industry to not leave home.......... did the companies acknowledge ? of course no........ trains and buses in mumbai were running packed, even till last thursday...... employees are helpless, if they take leave then there are chances of loosing the job, so they have to go untill the mode of transport is there, cause companies were caring only for their profit not the worker's lives..... Uddhav Thackerey mentioned this in his second speech that as companies not closing, they are forced to stop local trains and BEST buses services......

yes unfortunately they are in a mess........but announcing in the morning that it will lockdown from tomorrow, would've resulted in the same or more amount of crowd rushing to buy or rather hoard stuff, causing in the virus spreading in more crowded area.......I personally feel, giving a window of 4 hours, wouldve resulted in less spread, compared to 24 hours crowd exposure to the virus.......

flipfl0p thumbnail

21 day lockdown needs preparation. Not only panic buying. Many cities have migrant workers from nearby villages or poor states. Asking them to leave for their hometown before locking down would have been good. Also an assurance in PM’s speech that essential buying (like milk, medicine) will not be prohibited would stop people from panic buying and hoarding. 

As usual, intention is good but implementation could have been better.