Yeh Rishtey Hai Pyaar Ke

Love isn’t always a fairytale - KuKu HC to SS Part 4 Updated

lopli thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Hi guys, now that we are on hiatus from the show. I have continued the HC written earlier on the KuKu AT. 

Love isn’t always a fairytale 

Kunal was very upset with the fact that the sleep pill fiasco might have been Kuhu’s fault. He walked into the room and started interrogating Kuhu. She tried to confess that it was an accident and she was scared that nobody would believe her, and things kept getting worse. Kunal told her how upset he was that she let his mother be berated in front of the family and never acknowledged that it she who did it. Kuhu was taken back by Kunal’s aggressive tone, she apologized tears rolling down her eyes. Saying that it was all an accident even the necklace incident, she felt super guilt about Parul being blamed for her mistake, but she was scared, and she knew that wasn’t a justification for her action. But Kunal would not hear her out, he kept going on and on about how immature it was of her, and all of this could have been avoided had she confessed and then he said something that brought Kuhu out of the dreamworld she was living in. “I can’t believe you hurt Abir bro, the most important person in my life, you know he is the reason I re-married you in the first place!” Kunal snapped out of his rage and realized what he had said. He did not mean it not even one word, but his anger had overpowered his tongue. He looked at Kuhu, whose face reflected the wound his words had given her. “Kuhu, I am sorry, I didn’t mean those words” he moved forward to grab Kuhu, but she put her hand up stopping him and ran out of the room.   

Next morning, Kunal woke in his bed alone knowing that he owed an apology to Kuhu, he had followed Kuhu out of the room last night, but she locked herself on the roof. Thinking that she would need time to calm herself, he came back into his room and didn’t realize when he had dozed off. Kunal freshened up and came downstairs, his eyes searched for Kuhu but she was nowhere, in fact nobody was there. Just then members of the Rajvansh family started coming down. Kunal stopped Parul to ask about Kuhu’s whereabouts but she did not know. He asked Ketu, mami and no one had seen her since morning. Just then Parul called the members in the dining room, she pointed at the dining table filled with various food dishes, it seemed like Kuhu had made almost everyone’s favorite breakfast dish. Parul pointed at the centere where there was a pile of hand-written notes by Kuhu.  

Abir grabbed the one addressed to him-   

-To my bro, you know you were the first person in this family to accept me, to shower me with admiration and love. You know how to cheer me up, you supported me when I was my weakest. Trust me bro when I say or #write this I would never do anything to hurt you intentionally. I accidently dropped that pill in one of the coffee mugs, in fact I wasn’t even sure whether it fell on the floor or in the coffee mug. I know I should have stopped everyone from drinking that coffee. But I got nervous thinking about how everyone would react. I am really really sorry bro and I hope you are able to see past this small mistake and still love your bro ~Kuhu  

Abir smiled, he knew Kuhu would never intentionally hurt anyone, he felt a little disappointed with himself for thinking she was childish and a bit imature.   

-I am really really sorry Parul massi, for all the things you had to hear because of me. I should have spoken up, but I am not as strong as you, the fear of being judged by everyone scared me. I know you have a big heart, so I am hoping that you will be able to forgive me, and if it helps I made you your favorite dish kheer, hope the sweetness in this will help maintain the sweetness between us.  

Ketu, Mami, Nanu and all the other members happily read their notes from Kuhu and started enjoying the food she had cooked for them.  

Mishti grabbed hers.   

-Mishti, you might think that I hate you Mishti, but I don’t, I dislike you, for the mere fact that because of you I had to share everything with you BP, BM, my room my clothes and now my in-laws. But don’t worry I won’t bore you with the same old Kuhu tape. I didn’t break the necklace on purpose, it was an accident, I didn’t spike the coffee on purpose, it was an accident. You know I feared telling the truth because I afraid of losing the trust I have developed with the members of this family. I afraid losing Kunal, but last night I realized that I don’t have anything to lose.  You know why I am so envious of you, because if you had made these mistakes and confessed, you would have been easily forgiven. But if I had confessed, I would get a lecture on how immature I was, at least that is what BP did all the time. Anyways, I am not going to apologize to you, because you have made your fair share of blunders in my life, but you will no longer face any problems from my side.   

Before Mishti coud finish her, Kunal grabbed his note, what did Kuhu mean by she didn’t have anything to lose. He opened his note and Kuhu’s mangal sutra fell in his palm. He stared at it for a moment, he felt Abir and Mishti move close to him, as he started reading his note.   

-Thank you Kunal for proving to me that I am the dumbest lovestruck girl in this world, who was made a fool again by the same person using the same antics. You know our first marriage should have been a lesson to me that fairytales don’t exist #that’swhy they are called fairytales, but like everyone knows I am a bit slow. I have left the signed divorce paper with your lawyer and completed all the legal paperwork as well. You will no longer have to be in a relationship with me for anyone. If we are no longer huband and wife, there is no need for me to live in Rajvansh Sadan.   

Kunal felt himself choke on the last line; he couldn’t believe this. He felt his knees going weak, his muscles tightening it was as if someone has put 100lbs weight on his shoulders. He could feel Abir’s questioning eyes staring at him, ready to interrogate him.  

“Not now bhai” saying that Kunal leaves the room. Everyone had stopped eating and were shocked, did Kuhu actually leave? Mishti moved to call Maheswaris’ to know Kuhu’s whereabouts.   

Kuhu looked out the window, as the airport staff announced the boarding details of the London flight. She opened her phone and logged into her social media and started scrolling through her pictures most of them were with the Rajvansh family. She smiled, she was going to miss them all, she was going to miss everyone. This was going to be a tough for her being on her own, but she knew time would heal everything. She needed to distance herself from the toxic thoughts that surrounded her, from people who would never be able to love her the way she wanted to be loved, it wasn’t their fault, but it wasn’t her either. She paused on a picture of her and Kunal, she selected the picture was about to hit the trash button, when her phone rang.   

“Hi Kumphoo, have you boarded the flight, yet?” An excited voice asked from the other end. “Hi Nanchak, not yet the boarding just started. Kuhu replied subtly. Nishant hearing the sadness behind her tone, softly asked, “Kumphoo are you sure you want to do this?”. “Yes, Nanchak, I have to, it's for me, I will see you in few hours”. Kuhu replied. “Okay, see you!”. They cut the call, Kuhu picked up her bags and stood in the boarding line, ready to move on. 

Part 2 - Next comment

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lopli thumbnail

8 hours and Missing 

~Kunal stood outside the Maheswari house, stressed, how was he going to explain to Varsha that her daughter was missing, how was he going to explain that despite promising to keep their daughter happy, he had just pushed her further into darkness. He dialed up his contact at the police department, hoping to know if they had been able to trace Kuhu’s phone, but no luck. It had been switched off for the last few hours.  

Kunal, Abir and Mishti entered the Maheswari house and everyone greeted them happily. “Kuhu didn’t come?” Varsha questioned surprised, her daughter would never miss an opportunity to come see her. “Kunal?” she looked at him questioningly. Kunal felt a lump in his throat. Abir spoke up explaining what had happened earlier today, and how there not able to find Kuhu. Within minutes the Maheswari house was filled with chaos, BP, BM, Shaurya started interrogating the trio about Kuhu’s whereabouts. Kunal watched, as Varsha started crying for the fear of her daughter’s safety, Jasmeet chachi tried to control her. Kunal grabbed a glass of water and went up to Varsha. “I am so so sorry Maa, I promise, I will find her, nothing with happen to her”. Kunal assured, but Varsha wasn’t having it. She pushed away the glass Kunal offered. “Please, Please don’t do anything, I shouldn’t have trusted you, I shouldn’t have given you the blessing to marry my daughter a second time considering the amount of pain she had gone through earlier”. Varsha snapped at him. Abir and Mishti tried to console her explain, to her that it wasn’t Kunal’s fault and they will all together find Kuhu, but Kunal knew that this was his fault.  

The family spent the next couple hours calling up Kuhu’s friends, going to the most obvious location an upset Kuhu would go at, but with no luck. Kunal felt his heart sink further and further as hours passed.  

12 hours and missing 

Kuhu had settled into her room, Nishant had readied for her arrival. She came downstairs for dinner with Nishant. He had been kind enough to keep his questions to himself when she landed, as he wanted her to have time to destress herself and process her thoughts.  

“Kumphoo, what do you want for dinner, Pizza or Indian cuisine?” Nishant asked, tying his apron. “Of course Nanchak pizza!” Kuhu replied plopping down on one of the dining chairs. “Okay done”, Nishant smiled as he started preparing dinner for two, while Kuhu browsed her social media on a laptop. Nishant placed the pizza on the dining table and sat across from Kuhu, he watched as Kuhu grabbed a slice and started eating. “What nanchak, if you want to say something, say it! stop staring at me like that”. She said taking another slice. “Are you sure about this? do you really want to settle here in London, away from everyone?” He asked. “I don’t want to, but I have to. I feel like I keep getting stuck into toxic situations, and I no longer have the will to just live as the second priority for everyone”. Kuhu exasperated.  

“You know that’s not true Kuhu, you have always been Varsha aunty’s first priority”.  

“I know that, and I can’t keep hurting her, the minute she found out about the divorce the look of disappointment on her face, shattered me Nanchak and I can’t do that again”.  

“what about Kunal, your marriage?” 

“Just another dumb decision I made; I should have questioned Kunal’s motives for coming back to me, instead of running back in his arms, like a lovestruck teenager”. Kuhu said disappointed in herself. “You know what he said, he said he only married for the sake of Abir bro for the second the time, and here I was thinking that maybe our relationship had improved in the last few weeks”. She shook her head. 

“Kumphoo, you know somethings can be said in anger, maybe he didn't mean that”.  

“please Nanchak, you also don’t side with him, for once I would like someone to understand my perspective”. Kuhu said, tears forming in her eyes. This wasn’t easy for her; this was the first time she had been away from her family that too because of a guy she had adored and loved with all her heart.  

“Okay okay, I won’t side with Kunal, but we have to tell your parents that you are here, you know how worried they must be?” Just then Nishant’s phone rang, it was Jasmeet. He picked up and heard his mom panicking and blabbering about missing Kuhu and how worried everyone has been. He told her that Kuhu was with him, she had taken a flight to London earlier in the morning. Jasmeet was pissed at his carelessness; she gave him an earful on how irresponsible it was of him to support Kuhu’s decision and prepare for her to come to London. But was glad that Kuhu was safe and sound.  

Kuhu and Varsha spent an hour talking. Varsha was stressed and worried about her, she rebuked her for her impulsive decision of leaving the country without telling anyone. Kuhu told Varsha about what Kunal said, she expressed how she felt during their first night, when Kunal had told her the truth, she told her about how Kunal handed her the divorced paper. All the things that Kuhu had been keeping to herself were poured out to Varsha. Kuhu and Varsha broke down multiple times during the conversation. Varsha felt terrible for not seeing through the façade Kuhu had been putting up for months, she was upset at Kuhu for hiding all this. Kuhu was able to convince Varsha to let her stay in London for a while as she needed time to heal herself. she requested Varsha that neither her, nor any other Maheswari member were tell Kunal or anyone else in the Rajvansh, family about her whereabouts, including Mishti.  

journalgirl321 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Loved this!!! I want this ladaku chokro to pine for his Kuhu, just like she did when he tossed her aside the first time. 

Is it weird that I imagined an HC that panned out EXACTLY like this??? I feel like we think along such similar lines!! I imagined her going straight to Nannu because I always felt like even if no one was on her side, he would always be there for her (dare I say that I liked their sibling bond the best on the show, despite its brevity?). I also imagined her talking to Varsha and pleading her not to tell Kunal where she was. I could never put this together into an HC without getting overly distracted by what was going on in the show, but you've really done it, and you've done it very well! Please continue it!! 

lopli thumbnail

Originally posted by: journalgirl321

Loved this!!! I want this ladaku chokro to pine for his Kuhu, just like she did when he tossed her aside the first time. 

Is it weird that I imagined an HC that panned out EXACTLY like this??? I feel like we think along such similar lines!! I imagined her going straight to Nannu because I always felt like even if no one was on her side, he would always be there for her (dare I say that I liked their sibling bond the best on the show, despite its brevity?). I also imagined her talking to Varsha and pleading her not to tell Kunal where she was. I could never put this together into an HC without getting overly distracted by what was going on in the show, but you've really done it, and you've done it very well! Please continue it!! 

Thank you 😊

Yes the Nanchak and Kumphoo bond was too cute to be overlooked. Also, us Kuku fans are looking for a pining Kunal for his Kuhu 😈 , like for few moments right before the second marriage track. 

aquaHP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I can't wait for the next chapter!! I need to see tadapta hua Kunal. I had been waiting for that since the leap and they only showed him for half a day. I need more, Riya!!! I need more KuKu!!🥴

peacenfun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

@riya: wow thank you for continuing, so wanted to see something on similar lines in the show, thanks for writing & sharing❤️

clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

J'adore

Please write more 😳

lopli thumbnail

And it continues.... 

Kunal stood in the middle of his room, taking in his surrounding, noticing the smallest of changes, Kuhu’s presence had made. His cupboard still had some of her Indian clothes hung, the dresser held her moisturizer, lotions, her make-up and couple pair of earrings perfectly organized. His bed frame was framed with a chiffon curtains on the corners, his nightstand held Kuhu’s wedding planning organizer.  He looked at pictures on the stand. He felt a buzz in his pocket and took it out, a huge smiled formed on his lips when he read “Kuhu’s safe!” it was from Varsha. He instantly dialed up Varsha and asked, “Ma, where is she, I am on my way to pick her up”. He started walking out his of his room relief washing over him. “Kunal stop, she is not here” Varsha replied. “Then where is she, I will pick her from there”. Kunal asked confused.  

“I only messaged to let you know that she is safe, so YOUR FAMILY isn’t worried about her safety, but she is not here and frankly she doesn’t want to be with you, so just tell your family to stop looking for her” Varsha emphasized on the your family part. Kunal was having a hard time comprehending what Varsha was saying, but before he could ask her, she had hung up the call.  

Kunal grabbed his keyes, and thought I am going to bring Kuhu back, I know she might be mad at me right now, but I am sure we can move on from this, he was about to walk out the house, when Abir stopped him. Mishti was right behind him, she looked nervous.  

“Kunal where are you going?” Abir asked. Kunal explained how Varsha had called him, and he was going to bring Kuhu back. Mishti stopped him, explaining that she had spoken with BM, Kuhu was not at the Maheswaris and Varsha aunty won’t tell anyone about her whereabouts. Kunal felt the heaviness return, his face fell, which did not go unnoticed by Abir, he placed his arm around Kunal. “Don’t worry Kunal, you know Kuhu na her anger doesn’t last that long she will be back at the Maheswari’s soon, we will go to their house tomorrow and pacify her”. Abir said optimistically. Kunal didn’t say anything and went back to his room. Abir and Mishti became further worried about the situation.  

Kunal plopped on his bed, laid on his back, his legs dangling on the edge. He stared at the ceiling, as memories of Kuhu’s face when he said those bitter words flashed before his eyes. He knew he should have controlled his temper, but was this okay, was it okay for Kuhu to react in such a harsh way. Suddenly a light bulb lit in his hand, he grabbed his phone and opened his social media account Kuhu had created for him and started spamming her with messages. 

Hi Kuhu, where are you? 

Lets talk 

I am so sorry I shouldn’t have said all that.  

I didn’t mean it 

Kuhu please please reply to me 

~Kuhu tossed and turned in her bed, trying to find a good sleeping position, her body wanted to relax, but her mind was running at lightning speed. She kept thinking about Kunal, their moments good or bad, what he had said. She wished she hadn’t fallen for him, she wished that she wasn’t in so much love to give him a second chance so easily. Accepting the fact that she wasn’t going to be able to sleep tonight, she got out bed and went to the balcony to get some fresh air. As the cool air hit her face, she felt tears rolling down her eyes. Why Kunal...Why......it would have been easier if you didn’t come to me that day, I would have accepted that divorce was the destination of our relationship. Why did you have to give me a ray of hope, when you were just going to destroy it. Why does being away from you impact me so much, despite everything you have said and done to me, I want to see your face, I want to be close to you, what have you made me Kunal Rajvansh Kuhu thought.  

A week later 

~Kuhu woke from the knock at her door, “Nanchak, come in” she responded. Nishant entered the room with a tray of breakfast. “morning Kumphoo, how did you sleep last night?” He asked handing the tray over to her. “Great” she responded, but the bags under her eyes, and the redness were telling Nishant a different story. Kuhu started drinking the orange juice, as Nishant spoke up.  

“Kuhu, you know you can’t lie to me. I know you spent last night crying as well, I can see it on your face and I am not judging your for it, but you can’t keep this up, it's been 7 days, what was the point of you coming so far away, did you come here to just feel sorry for yourself? No na, then what are you doing?” Nishant asked her. 

“what can I do Nanchak, these feelings won’t leave me alone, the fact that Kunal chose to come to me because of Abir bro again, has destroyed something inside me. I feel so used, to tell you the truth I feel worse, then the night Kunal told me that he married me to keep Abir bro and Mishti apart, this time I really hoped that maybe just maybe I will get my fairytale and Kunal shattered it once again in the worst possible way, he made me feel stupid an idiot who fell for him again, even when he had said multiple times that he can never fall in love with me” Kuhu said as tears started welling up in her eyes.  

“Then stop thinking about him Kuhu, if you keep letting him control your life, when he is not even with you, then what was the point of coming all the way here. I thought you wanted a new beginning a new life for yourself and frankly speaking the Kumphoo I know was a lot stronger than the one sitting in front of me right now. You need to stop feeling sorry for yourself. You Kunal said those words once, but you are repeating them to yourself every day is not helping you; you need to get out of this toxic circle”. Nishant explained.  

“I have talked to my friend, she run an event planning company, it’s a start up, and she is willing to give you a chance. They currently work with companies to organize corporate events, but if you are interested, here is her card, I really want my Kumphoo back, I want the Kuhuness back” Nishant said and left the room.  

Kuhu stared at the card, she had come this far for an opportunity to have a new beginning that didn’t involve Kunal and yet here she was still living in the past. Kuhu got up from the bed and looked at herself in the mirror, she had to move on. She grabbed the card and dialed the phone number to discuss an opportunity.  

Edited by lopli - 4 years ago
Goldy25 thumbnail

Again very nice...I can imagine it in my mind 😊

19sharu thumbnail

Great.. Waiting for next