24.03.2020: Written Update: Mere Dad Ki Dulhan(Page 2)

Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by ShinyMishka

Today was a full episode so people can be a bit happy with that. They shoot the episodes out of order, so if they don't have enough scenes to cover the episode they have to stretch it out with flashbacks so the progression makes sense. Everyone be a bit understanding during these times please. Many shows are not able to release new content at all. Cute Niya-Kabir scenes today, but I feel like they didn't address the issue of Niya unfairly lashing out at Kabir. They made it sound like Kabir was only acting out of jealously, even though Niya attacked his professionalism and friendship. Also she apologized for hugging Randeep but not her bratty behavior, which obviously Kabir won't accept because hugging someone isn't a crime. However, this means she conveniently never actually apologized, so Niya will never realize what she did wrong. smiley29

Edit: I have to also add I feel bad for Swara. She seems really nice and she also didn't deserve to be berated by Niya. I hope Niya apologizes (though I doubt it based on today's scenes). Now she will also feel a little bad when she finds out Kabir likes Niya. I hope they won't turn it into a triangle (to replace Kabir-Niya-Randeep) or make Swara negative. Maybe Niya will feel a little jealous, but I don't wish to see Swara actually hurt. 

Bold: I totally agree & didnt like it one bit. Instead of Niya the brat being shown a mirror, they ruined Kabir’s character and made him look like a typical jealous mcp who hits back by speaking & behaving in a hurtful manner. They made it look like he was the unprofessional one due to his jealousy. What rubbish. If this Niya is the new age woman then she is nothing but the same old ”bechari nari jiska jahan dushman”, in modern clothing.

I am v disappointed that Kabir Niya got back together. And even more disappointed that yet another professional straightforward character, Swara, is about to sacrificed for Devi Niya. The signs are ominous, that Swara will form a third in the triangle, most likely become the vamp.

I am in this show only for Ambar-Guneet. 

Originally posted by Bana

Bold: I totally agree & didnt like it one bit. Instead of Niya the brat being shown a mirror, they ruined Kabir’s character and made him look like a typical jealous mcp who hits back by speaking & behaving in a hurtful manner. They made it look like he was the unprofessional one due to his jealousy. What rubbish. If this Niya is the new age woman then she is nothing but the same old ”bechari nari jiska jahan dushman”, in modern clothing.

I am v disappointed that Kabir Niya got back together. And even more disappointed that yet another professional straightforward character, Swara, is about to sacrificed for Devi Niya. The signs are ominous, that Swara will form a third in the triangle, most likely become the vamp.

I am in this show only for Ambar-Guneet. 

Absolutely. I was very disappointed in Kabir when he said he was now going help Niya in her business and do her favors. I dunno if he just said it like that, but Niya will likely want to cash in at some point, and Kabir works for a rival company. His professional integrity will be on the line, and Niya will probably ask him to sacrifice for her without a second thought. All she does is take him for granted, nothing has changed. What happened to Kabir's self-respect? Just because Randeep is out of the picture means it was ok to treat him like this? I don't want him to come to a point where he has to choose between his career and Niya. From a personal standpoint, Niya is also a terrible friend. She learned nothing and still thinks she is the victim in all this. Somehow, the blame was pinned on Kabir and he just accepted it so he can be back with Niya. His actions were perfectly warranted, but it was hand-waved away as only jealously. Then there is Swara, the type of professional woman Niya wishes she could be. It is her graciousness that she doesn't hold a grudge against Niya for her rudeness and wants to be friends. But no doubt they will turn her negative using Kabir to fuel a rivalry, just to make Niya look superior. Niya is all about "girl power" when the type of girl she has to deal with is a cheerleader and follower like Kajal. But her disrespect of Swara proved that in reality it's all about Niya's ego. You are right in pointing out it's a very weak take on feminism. 

Niya is a terrible poster child for feminism or girl power

I understand humans are flawed but Niya is kind of unbearable to watch 

Kabir has been made into a lallu 

I miss Randeep...people refused to accept him and Niya together so they wrote him out of the show ..but I loved the contrast between him and Kabir

the chemistry between Randeep and Niya was 🔥 

hope the Kabir and Niya shippers enjoy this lukewarm and one sided relationship 🙄😒

Edited by silvermoonlight - 3 months ago

Mere Dad Ki Dulhan