Posted: 4 years ago

RANT POST 

Hello Piyali here, I am not really a follower of the show, I just happen to watch the show sometimes or mostly some scenes because my Mom watches the show though in the past  few days I have watched some episodes continously ( mainly because the leap kind of did attracted me, basically all the buildup), leave all that, What I wanted to talk about right now in Prerna Sharma as in the character's story arc with her family.

I haven't really followed tv shows completely even in the past but still know about many, which include many ekta shows as well like Nagin 1, Bade ache lagte hain , Kumkum bhagya, Yeh hai mohobbatein etc etc and I doubt I have ever seen any heroine out of these as uncaring( I believe the word is still small in front her actions but still) towards their family as Prerna( A name which ironically means 'inspiration') is,many ITV shows have many forever crying doormats but I doubt anybody can still cross Prerna Sharma...

I still remember how shocked I was when I had watched that episode where 1st Komolika was exposed and Prerna Sharma was screaming , She is the one who did Kaka Babu's accident, She is the one who made Kaki Maa hate me but not once, She is the one who killed my father, I was literally waiting for it , not once did it came out of her mouth, I at that time kind of reconciled with the fact then that her life starts and ends with Anurag and 'things' with memories rather than her loving, living, breathing family and thats why I didn't care that for her it didn't matter that Komolika murdered her father and is roaming free till now( even now her revenge is only because Komolika snatched Anurag and is the reason of her daughter with Anurag's death) , Mohini send her mother to jail for a day( or was it night?) { I hate Sonakshi Rastogi but even she stood up against the male lead when his family member send her somewhat culprit mother to jail but here Prerna was all forgiving when her innocent mother was sent to jail} and troubled her mother, her family was always under danger from Komolika( Komolika of course could never harm Anurag), She still thought( even if it was for a moment) before donating blood to an innocent kiddo who considered her her mother because Mohini stopped her , she let her family mourn her death for 8 long years etc etc...but I really can't understand why now the makers suddenly wanna show her all caring and loving towards her family, like why? She doesn't give them, their feelings, their respect, their life a damn, it is an established fact, so why so much love and care all of a sudden( the makers still don't fail to show who her priority is but still want to forcefully include this family angle) , I have never  seen a more shallow female character ( moreover lead) than her in whatever shows I have seen till now, I am wondering when Anurag is gonna become a bechara back in her eyes because Uski Majburi thi and everything is going to be forgiven and forgotten again.

Prerna Sharma, specifically her 'Love' for her family is definately an 'inspiration' to many.

Prerna's Entire life is in Anurag Loop ... TBH At least Anurag has his own life with his own family ... but Prerna is still now stuck in same phase. i dont know what cv wants, but  it is high time to make her moving on . cos she is mother now. lets see when cv will make her completely free (possibility 0 ) from moving around same loop 

Image result for loop gif

Edited by opsora2090 - 4 years ago

I have made peace with the way Prerna has been sketched this season... so if she starts being true to her name, even 1% will be a cherry on the cake for me... 

I really want her to come out of that bubble... it's soo unhealthy to make your life revolve around 1 relationship.. Happiness comes from different sources.

Whatever Prerna does or love, she does it with full heart.. first track was dedicated to her family, then the next 3 tracks were meant for AB and I am hoping she will concentrate on giving her child a better life till she gives herself the chance to love again...

Originally posted by Nailah_EjFian

I have made peace with the way Prerna has been sketched this season... so if she starts being true to her name, even 1% will be a cherry on the cake for me... 

I really want her to come out of that bubble... it's soo unhealthy to make your life revolve around 1 relationship.. Happiness comes from different sources.

Whatever Prerna does or love, she does it with full heart.. first track was dedicated to her family, then the next 3 tracks were meant for AB and I am hoping she will concentrate on giving her child a better life till she gives herself the chance to love again...

This life could not be dedicated for only one love. peyar ka bohot sare rang hote hai ... ek peyar kay liye bar bar prerna and prerna's family have to tolerate every miseries in entire their life . phirbhi cv again and again is making her route on the same zone .  it is sometimes really toxic . 

Edited by opsora2090 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by opsora2090

Prerna's Entire life is in Anurag Loop ... TBH At least Anurag has his own life with his own family ... but Prerna is still now stuck in same phase. i dont know what cv wants, but  it is high time to make her moving on . cos she is mother now. lets see when cv will make her completely free (possibility 0 ) from moving around same loop 

*edited*.  Here prerna breathing only for anurag.  That is a primary n most imp to her.  This show is not for ppl who expect strong woman n hv self identity.  This is just a love story n her madness for her love.

Edited by Koeli_Appy - 4 years ago

There's no revenge at all.

She wants to know why he did what he did, once she knows everything will be fine. Like it's perfectly normal to throw your wife from a bridge. 

Her only problem is Anurag is with Komolika. 

Sneha is hardly an issue. Again once she knows Sneha is alive, it will all be fine. 

Alll will be well๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by opsora2090

I agree with most of your points  except that Anurag has his own life, he does seem to care more for his family than Prerna can ever do for her own but still, this leap kinda spoiled his character as well, I mean he to me seems like an absentee father to Diya and of course the way Mohini and Nivedita are suffering at the hands of Komolika right now( not that I mind) speaks of the fact that even he has neglected his family and life for Prerna in the past 8 years

Also the possibilty of Prerna changing is of course 0, She was a mother to Kukki too, That couldn't change her, how would Sneha- who possibly is going to love her father and want her parents to be together would  ever do.

Originally posted by scarlett22

There's no revenge at all.

She wants to know why he did what he did, once she knows everything will be fine. Like it's perfectly normal to throw your wife soulmate/to-be-wife /lover , from a bridge. 

Her only problem is Anurag is with Komolika. 

Sneha is hardly an issue. Again once she knows Sneha is alive, it will all be fine. 

Alll will be well๐Ÿ˜†

fixed it ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by Nailah_EjFian

I doubt She'll ever come out of her bubble though, if 8 years couldn't do that then there's 0 possibility now

She might do things with full heart but we can't validate someone's love for their family on one instance, she has constantly proven post the 1st track that she doesn't give a damn to her family, to the fact that her father is dead because of a woman who is roaming free or her mother who was send to jail even when she was innocent, I so wish the makers didn't ruin her to this extend, this sort of love for someone is unhealthy as you said , I believe it to be obsession to be honest...

Originally posted by Hari73

*edited*.  Here prerna breathing only for anurag.  That is a primary n most imp to her.  This show is not for ppl who expect strong woman n hv self identity.  This is just a love story n her madness for her love.

Well then the makers shouldn't have named her Prerna or atleast not justified her, her actions, her love ( that jusfication is my biggest problem with the show) and of course refrain from showing the sham of strong woman thats being shoved down people's throat right now, just show it as what it is, obsession