Beyhadh 2

Meri Jaan- Mayra Story

Tiaraa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Kabhi dekha hai subah ko dheere dheere , pighalte hue..

Kabhi dekha hai raat ko sharma ke badlo ke peeche chuptehue.

Kabhi samjh ayegi tumhe meri mohabat

Meri jaan…

The cold winds of December kissed his face as he let himself breathe in the fresh air. He stretched his hands lazily and twisted his body side to side letting her muscles free from the tension. This long drive in bus is really taking a toll on him. 

“You all can enjoy the refreshment and use washroom here.The bus will start again in half an hour.” Bus driver announced while locking the doors.

The greenery was blessing to the sore eyes, Rudra didn’t miss the chirping of birds and rhythm of the water flowing nearby. A small smile spread on his face as he puts his one foot ahead of other and walked inside the restaurant.

“Kya khaoge sahib.” A small boy less than 10 years stood near Rudra.

Rudra noticed the boy and also his health condition. He really looked malnourished only flesh and bones. Rudra instantly felt bad for him. He slides on his seat and asked the boy to sit next to him. The boy was hesitate and looked back at the cashier who assumed to be the owner of hotel. Rudra gave a stiff glare at the man and in return the man blinked his eyes at boy. The boy got relaxed and smiled while he adjusted himself next to rudra. Rudra rolled his one arms around the boy and asked if he wanted to eat something. “Pav Bhaji!” the boy immediately replied. Rudra chuckled and went to the cashier to get 2 plates of pav bhaji. The boy’s eyes became starry as his eyes the hot and delicious food. Rudra placed his plates before the boy and sat back on his side.

“What’s your name?” Rudra asked softly.

“Ram.” The boy replied gulping the whole slice of bread at once.

Rudra chuckled sadly and asked him to eat slowly and as much as he wants. He patted the hair of the boy lovingly as he encouraged the boy to eat. Once the boy was full, Rudra went to the cashier to ask for ram’s whereabouts. He got to know ram’s uncle have brought him from village to work here. He comes every month to take the salary ram earns. Rudra also got to know Ram works at two more hotels apart from this in morning afternoon and evening shifts. No doubt the little boy looked so tired and hungry.

Rudra scolded the owner and threatened the man to call police.And the petrified owner spontaneously, offered Rudra that he will remove Boy from the job at that instant and will never hire a kid again.

No matter what, Rudra could understand what poverty can make you do things. He has lived a life not so far. Despite of coming from a very rich and influential family, he never had privilege to live a luxurious life.Always aimed and lived a life of independence, Rudra never feared for any outcome.

“Ghar jana chahoge?” Rudra kneeled down to the boy’s eye level. It was like he has given up hope to returning home ever, the boy’s face cracked and the tears began to flow through his eyes.

Rudra wiped the tears from his eyes and hugged him. “Lets go” On the way to Ram’s home Rudra found called up few NGO and made strong preparation for Ram’s secure future. As he thought Ram lived in a kaccha house with his mother and 3 sisters, his mother panicked on seeing ram back home without any prior information. She was afraid of him losing his job.  It took a lot of efforts from rudra to make her understand that sending the child for work is not an option and with the help of ngo he arranged for some work which could earn her decent money. Rudra also assured to take responsibilities of Ram and his sisters till they are independent totally. He made arrangements to enroll ram and the sister’s to school too. Finally, the time has come where Rudra had to take a leave. The little boy refused to leave rudra’s leg . Rudra leaned down and picked him up in his arms. “Don’t go.” He refused to let go and clinged on rudra’s shirt.

“I have to .” he smiled sadly.

It took a lot of efforts from rudra to convince the boy to let him go. The little boy only let rudra leave when rudra promised ram that he will come soon to meet him. Hope gives Happiness!!

Rudra searched for his wallet and took out all the money he had before handling it to the boy. The boy hesitate to take it but with one assurance from rudra he took it and thanked him. Rudra slides the wallets back into his pocket.

“Rudra bhaiya..” the boy called as rudra began to walk away.

“You dropped this.”

Rudra turned around to see a small square shape object in his hand. He walked back to ram and took the photo from him. “Maya..” it was written behind it.

He turned the photo around while thanking the boy and began walking away from his new friend.

As his steps moved ahead in the path, his memories rolled back to the time when he found the pic.

Dard Jo Seene Mein Uthta Hai
Nahi Samjha Yahaan Koi
Toh Rehne De Iss Dard Mein Zinda
Main Tanha Hi Sahi
Ke Dil Se Ye Bhi Denge Bhula
Tujhko Jaana Kabhi

His falter walk and unstable steps were speaking about the over dosage of alcohol he had consumed few hours ago. His eyes never stopped tear. “ You are a looser.” He heard his father’s voice echoing inside him.

“You are worthless.” He found his mother’s voice as he trailed on the bridge with uneven steps.

He clutched the neck of the bottle and pours the alcohol in his mouth then tossed the empty bottle away from the bridge which drowned in the water with splash sound.

“I am not looser. You are.” He saw his father’s face before him and his eyes short red with pain and anger.

“you are a looser dad.” He cried again.

“I have lost everything. My business, my publication house ,my family , and now Ananya.” Her name brought thousands of memories to him and he drank it all with another bottle of whiskey that he had in his pocket.

“I lost her too. Congratz dad! Congratz!! Even she thinks meas a looser now.”

Rudra took his phone out and went to gallery. He scrolled it until he had their photos beneath his thumb. He opened the pic and touched her face lovingly.

“Why anu? Why?

He squeezed his eyes letting tears fall even more. His eyes refused to leave her face as he took another sip of whiskey.

“You have known me all my life anu.You were my best friend before any other relation. How could you leave me?” he cried “HOW!!” he threw the phone on floor and it slided all the way and stopped at the edge of the bridge.

“you still don’t want to leave me alone.” Rudra cried looking at the photo on his phone’s screen. With his wobbly legs he made it to the phone and leaned it to pick it up. But as he was extreme drunk,and as he leaned he got off balance and fell down off the bridge. The phone was long gone, and now soon his life was about to leave him too. Just like every other things in his life left him.

In a normal Bollywood you always have a lifeguard or a sexy woman helping the drowning person. But in real life the truth was not even close to it. Drowning is quite, its moment is subtle. One moment you are head is above water and other minute it is gone. His head pounded for oxygen. Slowly he couldn’t breathe; his lungs began to burn due to lack of oxygen. He began to fall further and further into the darkness until it threatens to swallow him whole.

That’s when he felt a thing slowly moving to his palm. He though it was a wish to wish him good bye. Chuckle!

Flashback ends

“There has to be a reason to live I asked god and he gave me you.” He chuckled and slides the photo back in his pocket. The journey is still long, he needs to find her. The reason for him being alive!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tiaraa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
KachraSeth thumbnail

This is such a lovely story❤️

Armu4eva thumbnail

Wow. What a intriguing start

Love it Tia

Shruthi18 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Very well written story!! Your truly good with words that evoke emotions👍🏼

Nikita_99503 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

Wow!!! This is really awesome... 👏 👏 👏

You have written everything so beautifully...

Loved how Rudra fed the kid, took him home and took the responsibility of him and his sisters...

Then the second portion where Rudra was reminiscing everything was really heart touching...

Loved reading it... ❤️❤️❤️

Edited by Nikki_srk - 4 years ago
dusk2dawn thumbnail

Hey Tia welcome back..🤗
Beautifully written..👏

This is called the amazing comeback 👍🏼