Qubool Hai

Asya OS "Movie Night"

Vintage_flow thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hi lovelies! Just a random musing on asya confession. Hope you like it! 

“Movie Night”

Asad felt like he was walking on eggshells. His Ammi had given him the final ultimatum to propose Zoya after her Aapi had made an appearance. His whole body had freaked out and kickstarted into panic when her Aapi had started having a meltdown.

She was going to take her away. If he doesn’t lie to her, she will take her away from him.

The thought of that was enough for him to do what he did next. When his Ammi confronted him, he knew it was game over. He had fought it too long; he just didn’t have the strength to watch her walk away. 

It was a thought so painful, he tried to dismiss it as soon as it would enter his mind every time. His life would be impossible. Unimaginable.

He was scared and excited all at the same time. He was finally to going to let Ms. Faaroq…Zoya know the real him. He knew she felt a little something too, the blush on her cheeks and the tremor of her lips usually gave her away. Although he wasn’t sure if that something was at the same caliber of what he felt.

A loud shriek brought him out of his reverie. Was that Zoya?

He made a beeline towards her room when he noticed her hugging a stranger, well more like jumping up and down while hugging him.

Instant jealousy flared in him, licked at his insides. He had to remind himself to breathe.

Dilshad called to Asad’s attention and was slightly surprised at his intense reaction to Zoya’s friend from New York. But then again, she wasn’t really!

“Allah Miya soooo long man, I missed you” Zoya said as she hugged the tall cutie one more time.

He frowned and eyed the young man with envy.

Now why can’t she hug him like that?!

Well

‘She would soon’, he thought as he saw the guy rub her forearm in a friendly gesture as he hugged her back. What did she say his name was? Zayn? Whatever!

They soon all settled in the lounge as Zayn unfolded the reason for his visit.

“I was so worried that Aapi might burn you alive with her anger, so you know I had to come to save your a*ss.”

“And where exactly were you, when she was trying to just do the same?” Zoya questioned.

“Well that’s because Miss Aapi took off without telling me anything and since I had no idea where you lived, I could just but pray for you”

Zoya joined Zayn in his laughter riot as he dramatically finished his story, his hands raised in a praying position.

Dilshad could practically feel the heat emanating off of her son’s body sitting next to her. He didn’t like this very much, did he. She decided to break it up for him, giving him a chance to do a little bit of his own unfolding.

“Zoya, main kya soch rahi thi, why don’t all you kids go out for that movie you’ve been talking about?” she advised looking at Asad.

Just tell her how you feel already! Duffer!

“Omg! Yes, that new horror movie, right? Wow kitna maza ayega. Main, Zaynie, Tamatar and” she hesitated but completed her sentence nonetheless “Mr. Khan”

He looked at her without blinking. Thinking. She dragged her eyes away.

“Perfect! I’ll finish all the school-work before evening” Najma chimed in.

Opposite her Dilshad gestured Asad towards Zoya. Make it work she seemed to say with her eyes.

Zoya moved through VIP section of the theatre with heaps of buttery popcorn in both hands, Asad close behind in tow. He had planned to stick close to her throughout the night, maybe try to hint a little bit at the declaration that was bubbling up her way. And perhaps try to figure out what she might feel regarding this little prospect of his.

Can’t she just figure it out already? 

He had purposely smiled a dimpled smile at her when she came out of her room dressed for the night out. He even complimented her! Par nahi, she had just stared at him like he was a ghost and slowly walked towards the door. He was pretty sure he heard her counting something. She was just so strange sometimes.

Zoya sat on the third chair from left leaving room for one towards her right. Asad swiftly claimed the seat as his before her irritating, chipku friend tried to butt in. He had just brushed his initial reaction to him as healthy jealousy–he knew instinctively how possessive he could get about her loud, crazy lady love. But the more he saw them together, the more he annoyed her. He just wouldn’t leave her alone for one second.

And what the hell was he even supposed to do?! His ammi had glared, stared and bore holes into his face all day. He was almost afraid to go home without a definitive progress in his bearings. 

But how was he even to talk to her in the midst of the bloody sights on the big screen and all that screeching busting from the speakers.

He could sense Zoya wasn’t the type of girl who would scream and hide away in his arms just because a stupid one-eyed ghost showed up.

Instead, he was petrified of there being a role reversal­­–he hated horror movies. 

She would never let him live this down!

Asad didn’t scream but he wanted to, for a different reason. The movie was a complete joke. Zoya, Zayn and tamatar had been making fun of the ghosts the whole time while stuffing their faces with all kinds of junk. 

He on the other hand had seemed to develop a headache. Zoya scooted away from him as far as her chair allowed while chitchatting with her pardesi friend. It was like he had evaporated as soon as they had entered the theatre. He felt excluded from the little bubble. Even her baby sister wouldn’t pay him any attention. Incredibly foolish!

What in the world am I supposed to do now?

Zoya sat beside him with her legs and arms hurting from sitting stiff in the same position for so long. The movie was a complete waste of money and time, but she strangely didn’t mind. After her fit today this morning, this could be the last time she would be able to sit close to her Jahapanah. Her heart constricted in her chest.

How in the world was she supposed to survive without her emotionally challenged man…

She was hyper aware of his every breath and movement. Her heart ran like an express train every time she saw him glance at her from her peripheral vision. And there were lots of them! She reprimanded herself every time her fantasies would go a little too far.

It ain't happening Zoya!!!

The big screen declared interval time and she left her seat to freshen up. She risked up a glance at him and caught him openly staring at her. Again? She tried not to blush.

The movie surprisingly took a better turn after the interval. The storyline was predictable but at least the ghosts looked scarier. It was slowly turning creepier and creepier. 

She suddenly jerked backwards at a sudden movement in the screen and noticed Asad leaning towards her side. She instantly turned immobile at his close proximity. His cologne intoxicated her senses and she knew she didn’t want to move away no more.

Asad finally felt Zoya relaxing and inclining her body a bit towards him. Well, there was something good to the mindless commotion playing in front of them.

At least she wasn’t trying to shoo him off anymore.

He took it as a signal and did what he would describe as one of the most valiant acts in his lifetime.

He reached out and held her left hand into his right softly. He noticed the sharp turn in his direction but stayed irresponsive to her reaction.

Just hold my hand and tell me you want this as much as I do.

Zoya’s head spun and her heart raced a mile a minute. Wait, chuck that. A mile a second.

Asad Ahmed Khan made a move on me. On me?! Wait…

She looked around to check if her phuphi had suddenly made an appearance. It was hard to make it out in the dark, but she saw nothing. Not even tamatar or Zayn were looking in their direction. Then why…?

Wait, is he scared? He doesn’t look it.

Asad could see the gears turning in her mind as she tried to make sense of his weird stunt. He hadn’t planned on it but her scooting and sitting away from him had irked him. Fine, he was jealous! The scruffy looking New York man had held onto her arm the whole time and kept drinking from her drink cup. That gross, unhygienic joker. Get your own!

He felt her fingers curl around his hand and hope swelled in him. Yes! 

He gradually tried his luck by being a little bit bolder and intertwined his fingers with hers holding her hand a little more firmly now.

Allah Miyan! What is happening?

She responded by gripping his hand back until a terrifying thought entered her mind. 

Is he trying to sympathy hold me because he is planning to break up soon? 

She wanted to jerk her hand away but strangely her body wouldn’t cooperate. She kept relaxing more and more under his grip, his thumb now rubbing soothing circles on the inside of her wrist. She tried not to sigh too loudly.

The end credits rolled on the big screen with Asad and Zoya still holding hands, both tensing up at the awkward silence with nowhere to look anymore.

“That was brutal man. I have never seen a horror movie so dreary”, Zayn announced while stretching his arms and eyeing the intertwined hands.

He smiled to himself and pulled Najma along with him.

“Meet you at the car Zoe?”

“Yeah” She wanted to say don’t wait up instead – because she was not getting up without answers!

Asad tried to remove his grip to stand up but Zoya instantly pulled him back, a hint of anger settling into her brown eyes.

‘Here we go’ Asad thought. Agreed he had the made the move, but he had no idea how to translate his feelings into words. The last thing he wanted was to blabber like he did in front of his Ammi.

He looked at Zoya with a neutral, mildly disinterested expression and watched the fire in her eyes become more evident.

“Yes Ms. Faaroqui, anything I can help you with?” he tried not to smile at her expression. Her incredulous eyes were about to bulge out, the grip on his hand becoming painfully tight.

“Yes Mr. Khan, if you don’t mind, do you care to explain this” She held their hands in between them, her voice ominously calm.

“Woh…actually…”

Zoya let out a short angry sigh.

“Woh main soch raha tha ki, ab jab nikaah ho hi raha hai ton, kyun nahi” Shit that came out all wrong

“Jee?” she faltered instantly, her anger evaporating, confusion taking its spot. And dare she say hope. She tried to squash it immediately.

He didn’t know if it was the expression in her soft eyes or her teeth worrying her lip that coerced him to say it. But somehow, his nervousness vanished away.

He looked deep into her eyes holding her gaze with his and confessed softly,

“I guess what I’m trying to say is I would like to hold your hand…ev...everyday…everyday of forever” 

He looked at her face trying to decipher her reaction, but she seemed to be in a trance. 

So, he waited for her. Waited for her to grasp the meaning behind his words. Waited for her to make space for him in her life. Waited for her to love him back.

"Well then" she said before lifting his hand to her lips and placing a soft kiss "I guess we better hold on tight.”, her dimple making a slow appearance, her eyes tearing up mirroring Asad’s.

Nothing else needed to be said for she saw the love shining in his eyes. She knew this was the best her emotionally challenged love of life could do for now. She will teach him the rest when they got home. Their home.

Asad’s phone rang and he picked it up without breaking contact. She couldn’t look away from his eyes even if she wanted to.

Allah Miyan! she shivered under his penetrating gaze.

“Bhaijaan, where are you?”, she heard Najma say. The theatre was now empty and very silent, she suddenly noticed.

“Why don’t you guys head home tamatar. I think we’ll stay for one more show” he replied, his eyes lighting up in response to Zoya’s.

And stay back they did, still seeing but not really seeing the images on the screen. 

But this time with no arm rest, questions or apprehension left between.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

Other works

Asya ff nobody but you completed

Asya ff - ongoing

Edited by Vintageflower - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fatima30 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

This is the cutest OS ever! So true to Asya and their personalities! Love all your work x

Vintage_flow thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: fatima30

This is the cutest OS ever! So true to Asya and their personalities! Love all your work x

Thank youuu❤️ I always look forward to your comments!

asifiqbalsh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Lovely os dear

Thanks 

Vintage_flow thumbnail

thank you ❤️

friendsall thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Loved it...loved it....loved it... No words to express

Vintage_flow thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: friendsall

Loved it...loved it....loved it... No words to express

Thank you...Thank you...Thank you❤️ Im glad you liked it. Its always wonderful to read comments.

Susan222 thumbnail

this was so cute! I like the way Asad’s feelings were portrayed :)

Vintage_flow thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Susan222

this was so cute! I like the way Asad’s feelings were portrayed :)

Thank you for the lovely comment!!❤️ I'm glad you enjoyed it