Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Is Tiger heading the Sunny Deol way?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

"“Bagghi 3” of Ahmed Khan released last month did well at the box-office. Even Tiger’s earlier movie “War” under YRF banners that he shared with Hrithik Roshan was a big box-office success. However, most of its credit went to the “Jodha Akbar” actor who continues to win hearts with his handsomeness and ease be it acting, dancing or action. Tiger, on the other hand, has never been able to grace the romantic genre properly and his big project “Student of the year 2” that launched Ananya Panday and Tara Sutaria tanked at the box-office.

Tiger himself said that people accept him only in action roles after the failure of SOTY 2 and he will continue to focus only on such movies. He even said some time ago, “I love that feeling because getting an identity of an action hero or dancing hero gives me feeling that I have got some acceptance from the audience. So for me, that’s a victory.”

But this can be detrimental to his success in the future similar to Sunny Deol who could not do well as an action hero after some time and was forced to sit at home. Even Akshay Kumar, who became popular as an action hero, tried his hands at comedy and meaningful character-oriented films and continues to remain a saleable star even after three decades."

Do you agree with the above article?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Sunny Deol maintains to this day just watch all his action films. There’s no action for sake of action. It’s a apart of the story 😆

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Sunny Deol maintains to this day just watch all his action films. There’s no action for sake of action. It’s a apart of the story 😆

The point is: is it sustainable in the long run to make a career out of action only?

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

The point is: is it sustainable in the long run to make a career out of action only?

Yes 

It’s been 6 years. I bet most thought tiger would be gone already. 

TrustNo1 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Yes 

It’s been 6 years. I bet most thought tiger would be gone already. 

no one thought that. He was loved right from his debut movie 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: TrustNo1

no one thought that. He was loved right from his debut movie 

not by the “smarter” audience 

They hate the fact that he’s so famous and their “Indy” favorites aren’t even looked at more than once 😂 

Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Acting is not his cup of tea and he knows that. So what else is left but doing action and dancing? If he mixes solo hero and two hero projects intelligently he might survive for a while. But people are bound to be bored after a while

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

At least Sunny Deol can act and does action very well.

Tiger is pathetic at acting, cannot emote at all. Dialogues are flat- monotone.

Action is okay and does acrobatics for dance.

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sunny started in 1983 and lasted till 2005  of stardom, his super stardom started with arjun(1986) thats almost 20 years of super stardom big hits

Akshay started in 1991 and his super stardom started in 2006 or 2007 only 

Before that hes known for his girl friends 

Comedy actors are not treated as super stars look at govinda who gave so many hits more than khans but not considered super star only in 1990s 

If akshay had not started acting in social movies he would have been faded (even ajay devgan)

Tiger and Sunny movies cannot be compared at all

Sunny movies had real good story ghayal, dhamini, ghatak, arjun, gadar etc it had a social relevant story and Sunny was good at potraying emotions and acting unlike wooden Tiger who cannot act to save his life. Bhaagi 3 no one will watch after 30 years but ghayal, damini, ghatak many are still watching after 25-30 years too because it had emotions with action(social films with action)

Tiger can be compared to akshay both are wooden actors (watch akshays expressions and tigers, akshay is a bit better than tiger in acting in last 10-12 years) 

For me yardstick of good films is not 100-500 crore at release its recall after 25-50 years

Pyasa, khagaz ke phool, jaane bhi do yaron, andaz apna apna may be flops when released but they will be watched 50 years from now or 100 years from now by gens who were never born when film released. Same way ghayal, damini, ghatak, arjun, mughal e azam shall be watched 25-50 years from now. 

Many of these movies none of us were born but we know them 

Will bhaagi3 be watched 25-50 years from now? I do not think so

Will akshays movies be watched 25-50 years later? Welcome and jolly LLB may be, Welcome for anil kapoor and nan patekars comedy not for akshay kumar, jolly LLB for story 

Also dialogues many remember sunny deol dialogues although movie released 30 years back 25 years back. 

Edited by myviewprem - 4 years ago
I_M_SultaN thumbnail

LOL deol was biggest draw in early 90s

also his movie openned bigger against shahrukh khan movie  at srk peak early 2000

Edited by MunnaBadnamHua - 4 years ago