ASUR - Discussion Thread | Arshad Warsi, Barun Sobti, Ridhi Dogra - Page 2

Posted: 4 years ago

Yup , agree . Such a fantastic series and great performances . 

What I found profound is how every character was Asur in the show at some point or the other

I feel like Nikhil Nair's character was the most complicated of the lot.  Its rare to see a brilliant yet lost character in the web series.  He was always on the edge over everything and mostly lost..he also had this strong urge of being "right" or "correct" at all times.  Eventually his biggest loss was his personal life..but then I always felt like he never really connected with his family as much as he connected with his profession..His obsession has been to solve cases more than anything..more than Nusrat, Naina or his daughter..he actually seemed more obsessed with Dhananjay..he left because of him and even came back probably for him..I feel like him deserting and blaming DR in the end for everything has ignited Asur inside him..he may go insane or completely join the dark side..and might actually become a more permanent Saarthi to Shubh..lets see how it goes from here on

I saw this series and completed it last night, 

it is a completely Mind Boggling Experience,  

Arshad Warsi and Barun Sobti were really the star of this series and they performed really really well , Arshad ka I was not surprised though after watching him in Jolly LLB and Seher , but I am surprised with Barun only heard a lot about him from common friends who followed him on his famous show ,

special mention to the young Boy who played Shubh and Sharib Hashmi ,

and yess Riddhi Dogra looked really pretty in this role though not taking anything away from her performance which was really good as well..

all and all a brilliant web series to watch during lock down but has to wait for a lot of time to watch its season 2..

Edited by MayurChan - 4 years ago

Absolutely loved Asur...after a long time I get to watch such an well made, no nonsense psychological crime thriller...from the story, concept, camera work to theme song and bgm....everything deserves praise . 

Notable performances - Vishesh as teenager Shubh, Barun and Arshad 👏. These three completely and absolutely captivated me...though others did good job as well . 

Of course there was some plotholes and glitches but that didn't take anything away from making it a very haunting watching experience. 

Highly recommending . 8.5/10

what you  think about  Asur ending .. explain 

I think SHUBH has many followers like keser , Rasool, and that girl who killed nikhil daughter ... 

or you think Rasool is Shubh because he also made sketches like himsmiley2 

Next Asur will be Nikhil or Dhananjay ?

Originally posted by -FreeLancer-

What I found profound is how every character was Asur in the show at some point or the other

I feel like Nikhil Nair's character was the most complicated of the lot.  Its rare to see a brilliant yet lost character in the web series.  He was always on the edge over everything and mostly lost..he also had this strong urge of being "right" or "correct" at all times.  Eventually his biggest loss was his personal life..but then I always felt like he never really connected with his family as much as he connected with his profession..His obsession has been to solve cases more than anything..more than Nusrat, Naina or his daughter..he actually seemed more obsessed with Dhananjay..he left because of him and even came back probably for him..I feel like him deserting and blaming DR in the end for everything has ignited Asur inside him..he may go insane or completely join the dark side..and might actually become a more permanent Saarthi to Shubh..lets see how it goes from here on

Not only that . Even Dhananjay is totally obsessed with his disciple. They've a strange strong connection that goes beyond all love - hate. 

Based on paper thin evidence NN sent DJ to jail on charge of his wife's murder . I strongly believe it was at least partially subconsciously to settle a personal score with him . Because an officer as capable as NN had to know that many things don't add up and it does look like a planted evidence case as if some one is taking out personal khunnas against DJ . But he shut his eyes against all of it and sent him to jail . Because he wanted to.

What is even more curious is the fact , even though NN sent him to jail , DJ was absolutely panic stricken when he realized that Nikhil is set for a trap . The phone conversation just before his abduction , showed us how deeply DJ cared for Nikhil . How deep his love goes. He has absolutely no grudge or resentment for the person who sent him to jail on a paper thin case and ruined his reputation in public. 

Even after that , I believe he agreed to help the CBI , mainly to save Nikhil. 

There was a restlessness inside both of them , being away from each other , as if being apart is like some thing off balance in the universe.