ASUR - Discussion Thread | Arshad Warsi, Barun Sobti, Ridhi Dogra - Page 7

Posted: 3 years ago

This is a master stroke.... What a series... Terrific.... BS was damn good and Arshad... He nailed it.... Loved watching this

.... Highly recommended

Originally posted by HeartQuake

No no Keshar is the decoy , to hide and take away eyes from the real one. Keshar was actually Shubh's biggest follower aka disciple at the borstal house.

Nah dear ,the follower was the guy who kidnapped nikhil

Asur was a masterpiece. The one who wrote the script knew Indian mytho so well especially Vishnupurana and Bhagavad Gita. The way its connected to whole story especially the creation of Asur. Who creates Asur the so called good people or shall I say so called self proclaimed Gods. 

Shubh father decided his son was Asur, DJ decided he should go to jail even manipulating his birth certificate and an Asur was born with extreme intelligence and to spread his ideology challenging the Gods. 

Man its so beautiful and Barun as Nikhil. Nikhil was the only human character in the show, who questioned, who made human errors, who had human vulnerabilities and if someone can deal with Asur thats a human who knows he can be at fault not the self proclaimed Gods who wanted to win against him. They simply cant. Waiting for season 2. Waiting to see more of DJ and Nikhil. Waiting to see more of Nikhil struggle. Waiting to see Nikhil to reach the truth, reach the answers himself.

Originally posted by Suhaniy

Nah dear ,the follower was the guy who kidnapped nikhil

Yeah they didn't clarify who Kesar actually was. After all it's the mystery that would unravel the real Shubh's identity as well. That'll probably come in season 2 along with the real Shubh's identity.

Originally posted by Minionite

Yeah but sometimes even the cast is not enough. Look at Hostages. It was a show with a great cast, but the plot was messed up. Or look at Boo Sabki Phategi. I mean apart from the fact that Tusshar Kapoor is the lead actor, it had a good ensemble cast and it was a horror comedy, you'd think it would do well. But I couldn't even get past like the first 10 minutes because it was so bad.

The cast does entice the audience, but at the end of the day, the plot is also important. That's why webseries started after all. Because they could have stories that could not be shown on mainstream TV.

Agree with u about the series Hostages. Cast was good. But the plot was so messed up. Total waste of time I mean episodes length. 

Same as in case of Special Ops. Plot is good. But the length of each episode and the total number of episodes could have been surely curtailed.

Finally, finished watching this web series.  Season 2 is confirmed. But it has to be interesting to c k who will be the next asur in s2, whether it's barun or arshad..

Barun ka voice aisa hi hai kay. I mean his dialogues are bearly audible. I haven't watched any of his previous work.

Arshad, riddhi, lolak(i don't know his know his real name), shubh..All have acted well.

And btw, that shubh is the one na ..From yeh meri family web series. That 2nd boy omang the 3 kids mona and her husband have.

Yeah they didn't clarify who Kesar actually was. After all it's the mystery that would unravel the real Shubh's identity as well. That'll probably come in season 2 along with the real Shubh's identity.

Arey, but the real shubh is rasool only na... At least I thought so k he is the asur.

Yeah but sometimes even the cast is not enough. Look at Hostages. It was a show with a great cast, but the plot was messed up. Or look at Boo Sabki Phategi. I mean apart from the fact that Tusshar Kapoor is the lead actor, it had a good ensemble cast and it was a horror comedy, you'd think it would do well. But I couldn't even get past like the first 10 minutes because it was so bad.

The cast does entice the audience, but at the end of the day, the plot is also important. That's why webseries started after all. Because they could have stories that could not be shown on mainstream TV.

Like you said , aside from the fact that Tusshar Kapoor is the lead actor , but this fact can not be kept aside , can it since the lead character takes up a lot of screen time and space and he couldn't act to save his life.

Of course I agree fully that the cast is not enough. Earlier I mentioned how much Sacred games 2 was lesser than the 1st season , but they did have the same cast strength , except the sparkling Kubra. 

But why cast takes a show a long way is because they somehow cover up many faults in the script with their convincing and heartfelt acting. Like in The family man for e.g. MB was really convincing as Shrikaanth , so was most of the main casts , or else the show had so many loop holes from beginning to end and some of the family scenes were very cliche and annoying , still trudged through for the acting.

Same for The test case . It was full of bullshit feminist cliche the kind that sets your teeth on edge yet I some how finished it because the cast came up very strong and were basically flawless.

When I was very young , I used to watch and enjoy a lot of daily tv shows . There were also some by Ekta Kapoor , believe it or not , like Jassi jaisi koi nahi , Kasam , Keuki saas bhi, Kahani ghar ghar ki, Kasauti etc. ! Now with hind sight I realize that the EK shows were always as terribly plotless and random as they are now, going good for first 200 or so episodes , then completely losing it and running amok. In fact , in earlier days , she used to show some particularly noisome things in her shows , which she now avoids to some extent ( gruesome child death for lead pair separation , lead couples permanently separating over marrying other people. ) But still the earlier version of shows were far more watchable and enjoyable because of the quality of the acting of the cast  . Take the difference between KZK 1 Prerna and KZK 2 Prerna . Erica is not and will never be in the same league of actresses as ST. You won't find actors like Apurva Agnihotri , or Ram Kapoor any more in these shows. 

So acting does make a strong difference but of course at the end of the day script is the king. 

Originally posted by iluvusakshi

Agree with u about the series Hostages. Cast was good. But the plot was so messed up. Total waste of time I mean episodes length. 

Same as in case of Special Ops. Plot is good. But the length of each episode and the total number of episodes could have been surely curtailed.

I actually enjoyed Special Ops more than The family man , mainly because of the strong acting by the cast , exotic movie like locations and less loop holes. 

Also, family man had too many loop holes by the time it ended. 

I watched Bhaukaal. It wasn't that good. I got bored after the first episode itself, but I somehow dragged myself through all 10 episodes. Only Mohit Raina was worth watching in my opinion. The story and the other actors weren't as good. Even MR didn't seem to be in it at times.

Did you watch The Final Call yet? If not, watch that. That was mindblowing.

I'm going to try out Money Heist now.

Yeah I finished Bhaukaal and yes it wasn't that good and I got bored in so many parts. Special Ops was also drawn out but I was never bored . But MR was very good as usual and this type of stoic but graceful powerful roles suit him very much. He ain't a guy who's made for regular guy roles.

I've started watching The final call . So far one episode done and I'm thrilled. Arjum Rampal is rocking it.