Miliye Anupamaa Se - A Review

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 years ago

You can find these clips on HotStar. ðŸ˜ģ

Maa Maange Bas Thoda Sa Time

ft. Anupamaa and Samar.

First off, cool moves bro! Lets hope we have some good dance sequences in this show, since it's revealed ke Anu's passion before marriage was classical dance!

Why does Anu keep fidgeting with her choti though? I get, for some times its fine as it may be interpreted as the manifestation of the lack of confidence that she has, but har waqt?! Badi Anuthi jodi hai?! 😆 Sorry for the pun. I'm serious now. See- ðŸ˜ģ

Anu dances really well hun! Looking forward to more such sequences! It's been a long time since I saw sincere effort on the part of makers to represent the authentic flavour iof Indian Classical dance onscreen!

This one is very cute, the way Anu blushes when Samar tells her she dances like Madhuri. I think the mother-son duo should work out.

Although, I do not agree with her attitude, ke her 3 children are equivalent to trophies in dance, or that all she needs is time from her family. All valid points, still, grow a spine, lady. Based on the premises though I believe she eventually will. 😊

All in all, its a good place to start. A sort of refresher from the usual TV crowd. I just hope they don't overdo the Kavya-Vanraj angle and bring down the character of Anupamaa that they are so nicely hoisting atm.

https://www.hotstar.com/in/maa-maange-bas-thoda-sa-time/1260022026

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail

Mummy, Aapne Padhai Nahi Ki

ft. Anupamaa and Toshu

The BG score is really good till now. Also, I love amber, so I also loved the lights in this scene! And that carpet is soo cool, anyone knows where to get one of those? 😆

So, Toshu is the arrogant son here, possibly the nemesis to Samar. He constantly derides and belittles his mom (and I guess everyone in her position) and thinks the world revolves around him. Padhai ka bara khumaar hai!

"Padhai nahi ki par Vidya ka samman karna aata hai mujhe!" Okay cheesy, but she has a point. It's not about keeping a mug on the book or keeping the book on the floor, Maa Saraswati is least bothered. It is about the general outlook to life. If you do not respect the things that provide you the means to knowledge, and ones that enable you to grasp it (parents and teachers), then what is the use of all the degrees and the marks?!

"You may be beautiful, articulate, endowed with fame or incredulously wealthy,

(But) Unless your mind and heart is at the feet of the Guru, oh of what use is all that?!"

- Guru Ashtakam by Veda Vyaasa.

And back to that head-jerk, come on we've all done this in the past and need to say sorry to our moms!

https://www.hotstar.com/in/mummy-aapne-padhayi-nahi-ki/1260022025

Edited by proteeti - 4 years ago
wayward thumbnail

Anupamaa Chahe Choti Choti Khushiyaan

Ft. Anupamaa and Vanraj

Okay, this is a bit melodramatic.

Vanraj ne tiffin ni khaya nad now is calling her romantically (is he tho?!). She starts crying. Buckle up lady!

She is used to vaping pleasure of khali tiffin dabbas and affair-waala husband's presence in the house. Please don't let her be like this in the show. I know there's a water shortage in India, aansoo se thodi make up karna hai?

And chalta hai?! Thappad ka anti-thesis banna zaroori hai kya point prove karne ke liye? How much of a wall do they think the Indian masses are?!

I didn't get what was Vanraj's point tho? Dinner pe wife bithake, and kya Kavyaa ko doosri table pe bithayeke shuttle cock banna hai kya janaab ko?

Oh okay, doosri party. Hafte mein kitni partiyaan he does?

https://www.hotstar.com/in/anupamaa-chahe-choti-choti-khushiyaan/1260022023

wayward thumbnail

"Maa Ka Kuch Personal Nahi Hota"

Ft. Anupamaa and Pakhi(Sweety)

Okay, now this used to be my and my Mum's problem until a couple years ago, when I finally gave up, and she stopped barging in. Happy ending!

Okay, so Pakhi too is a victim of this 'all things Western is bad' bandwagon. Um, any extreme is bad. You do not give up all Western styles, just don't forget to respect your parents like the cool Indian peeps that we are!

The scene kinda gave me some pretty strong English Vinglish vibes. After it did set off this whole series with the help the Mumma thing.

The concept is noce, but let's not overdo it, eh?

"...Mor banke ghumna zaroori hai kya?!" Not against unnatural haircolor obviously, but this was a Mom joke, you gotta laugh! 😆

Yet again, strong Sridevi vibes...even her dressing style is also very inspired I guess.

https://www.hotstar.com/in/maa-ka-kuch-personal-nahi-hota/1260022022

wayward thumbnail

Apna "Dhyaan" Rakha Karo Anupamaa

Ft. Anupamaa and Vanraj

Lesson no. 1 kids, NEVER answer your psycho-wale pati ka phone. Baki patio ka bhi poochke, privacy is important! 😃

I always hate when women have to keep giving excuses to validate their existence itself! Kya hi karein, patriarchy ko giraane mein time hai abhi.

Okay, Sorry and Soory, now they are really overdoing this Gujarati thing, like I get you tame Gujaratana cho, why do you mane etla yaad karaavta cho?! ðŸĪŠ

Awhh, I hated how he broke her heart like that! All these men just want a servant, and a mistress and nothing more! These sort of men will keep belittling a woman so that she never gathers the courage to stand up to him, because he knows if she does, he would be destroyed! ðŸ˜Ą

https://www.hotstar.com/in/apna-dhyaan-rakha-karo-anupamaa/1260022020

Edited by proteeti - 4 years ago