My take on Mishti, Kuhu and the current situation

Posted: 4 years ago

So far I've seen the Mishti vs Kuhu thing on the forum, so I don't know how this post is taken.   

Also, I don't get the time to watch the episodes daily so most of the times it's binge watching of all my fav ones based on the LUs. Now that I've removed hotstar(due to my eye infection), it's only possible for me to catch the episode on TV, else, on insta pages ๐Ÿ˜ญ

It's gonna be a long post, so please bear with me๐Ÿค—

The main reason I've started watching the show was the first promo and of course Shaheer

Being a girl, it's so difficult to know what exactly we expect from a marriage or from our partner and once we realise it, it's more difficult to explain it to your family, because #logkyakehenge 

There are people who marry just because their parents wants them to go for it, or they are becoming old or because all of their friends are getting married, but don't exactly know what they want from this relationship, thus end up with adjustments, misunderstandings etc. Especially if you have been watching ITV since childhood and if they have any impact on u, those fears will increase, because all we've shown is the #ablanaaris ๐Ÿ˜ต

Though some shows started with showing FL as a strong woman, while the episodes progress, they're back to being bechari and always need a man to help/support them 

But somehow, the trailor and presence of Shah made me feel that this was going to be different๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Being a fan of Shah, I must admit that adoring him and also the fact that I used to watch the episodes in a jiff, I actually forgot to concentrate on the other characters, especially Kuhu..

Later, I suggested one of my friends to watch the show and she started talking about Kuhu & Kaveriapriyam. That's when I rewatched the episodes and started understanding Kuhu's character.

I've seen many people on the forum say that Kuhu had multiple layers and even I feel the same. The way she supported Kunal during all the times shows how understanding & caring she is. I know she had flaws, but that's how people are in real life, aren't theyโ“

Mishti- I can relate to her in many aspects and I'm sure most of the people on this forum also relate to her. Especially the spects,  the taunts she faces by people๐Ÿ˜’. Even her character is realistic.

Initially, I never liked Kuhu and I always wanted to see her reaction once she gets to know that Varsha isn't her mother.. Mostly because of the way she kept taunting Mishti

Slowly, I have realised that there is a backstory to what exactly Mishti feels.. But there's nothing much shown on why Kuhu behaves like that.

Mishti's situation was out and open to everyone. People know about her parents, her trauma and understand her. Yes, there are people who taunt her at each point of life, but she also had her bp and bm to help her understand things๐Ÿค—. Also, she is more than happy for the love she gets from Mahs and feels that she is indebted to them for all the love and care bm & bp have for her

On the other hand, we aren't given much insights on to Kuhu's background. She is good at heart, but when it comes to Mishti, she can't digest the fact that she needs to even be with her. Yes, we know that deep down, these two love each other and whatever they do for eo, they think that it's for family. But it's not. Also, writers didn't explore to dig into her character and show us what triggered such thoughts in her.

For me, there isn't much analysis on her character or rather I should say that the depth of those layers were not handled properly by the writers. Post leap, there was real growth in her character but it completely took a U turn with Nishant's exit.

I have always wanted to see writers explore those layers of hers than tagging her as an immature, jealous, grey or negative one ๐Ÿ˜”

No, I'm not supporting her deeds, all I'm saying is, if handled well, her character would've had better growth. 

But as someone mentioned on the forum, the characters are writers imagination and they can flip the moment they want to.. & we viewers would be scratching our heads to understand these characters 

Well, even after making her do all things out of jealousy or immaturity or whatever u say, instead of abir addressing her issues, it would have been better if Kunal tried to understand her. 

All of us know that he knows the hatred she has for Mishti. All of a sudden, he started liking her for the sake of bhai doesn't mean everything's fine between these two. He should have understood it by the time she asked for mandap. 

I would love to see kunal sit and talk to her.. Ask her why does she want only that mandap and not a new one or why does she want to do puja only at NGO.. Any of those situations, had Kunal started the conversation, their relationship would have been stronger. At least there'll be some growth and not make it stagnant. yes, everyone say, kunal's EQ is 0, so he can't understand things. But there should be some growth in the character isn't it?

Also, It would be good to see brothers working on their respective partner's insecurities than abir doing the whole thing. That would have saved us from the bro jaap may be (or am I expecting too much?)

All in all, I'm not so good at putting my point forth and especially making a long post on this forum is like a nightmare to me. Thanks to all of u and your discussions that made me open up๐Ÿค—

PS: I'm not a fan of any character but I love the story and the concept and that's what keeps me hooked to the show. So please, I'm not biased towards any character and I kept my views as neutral as possible. Apologies if I had hurt anyone unintentionally.

Please do share your views, but not any discussion on Mishti vs Kuhu or fan vs fan; PEACEโœŒ

Awesome post ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Neutral post after so long ๐Ÿ‘

Loved it totally ๐Ÿค—

You're right, after leap there was growth in Kuhu's character but writers didn't handled it well after nishant's exit 

I think the reason was focusing on kuhu mishti track now, meenu ki aad mein kuhu ka redemption I think is the main point of this whole track. 

Loved reading your post ๐Ÿค—

Great post! Loved the analysis of all the characters. Even I didn't like Kuhu in the beginning but it was post her 1st wedding with Kunal that I started to feel for the character and the journey that followed until Nannu's exit was beautiful. Yes I've become a fan of Kaveri in this journey. 

I totally agree that Kunal should be the one sitting and talking to her but all we sre shown till date is Kunal does whatever he does only for his Bhai and family. He always stated he wanted Kuhu to stay coz she has become close to his family and that is his utmost priority. There hasn't been a single substantial conversation between the 2 after the 2nd marriage. It's as if its understood that they are a happily married couple. And one day they say we fight a lot. A lot of inconsistency in writing. 

I've lost interest in the show but looking forward to reading all the wonderful analysis posts out here! Thanks again for putting this up๐Ÿ˜Š

love your post...

im happy reading it...

it gives me all positive vibes...

i accept every human is grey and every character is grey be it mishbir...

i know mishku love eo but they are covering up and they dont even realise if some thing hits hard to both of them...

i really want kunal to talk to kuhu and see their story also...i want see more of kunal than kuhu... because its kunal's time to take responsibility of their relationship...

Originally posted by Optimist_d

So far I've seen the Mishti vs Kuhu thing on the forum, so I don't know how this post is taken.   

Also, I don't get the time to watch the episodes daily so most of the times it's binge watching of all my fav ones based on the LUs. Now that I've removed hotstar(due to my eye infection), it's only possible for me to catch the episode on TV, else, on insta pages ๐Ÿ˜ญ

It's gonna be a long post, so please bear with me๐Ÿค—

The main reason I've started watching the show was the first promo and of course Shaheer

Being a girl, it's so difficult to know what exactly we expect from a marriage or from our partner and once we realise it, it's more difficult to explain it to your family, because #logkyakehenge 

There are people who marry just because their parents wants them to go for it, or they are becoming old or because all of their friends are getting married, but don't exactly know what they want from this relationship, thus end up with adjustments, misunderstandings etc. Especially if you have been watching ITV since childhood and if they have any impact on u, those fears will increase, because all we've shown is the #ablanaaris ๐Ÿ˜ต

Though some shows started with showing FL as a strong woman, while the episodes progress, they're back to being bechari and always need a man to help/support them 

But somehow, the trailor and presence of Shah made me feel that this was going to be different๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Being a fan of Shah, I must admit that adoring him and also the fact that I used to watch the episodes in a jiff, I actually forgot to concentrate on the other characters, especially Kuhu..

Later, I suggested one of my friends to watch the show and she started talking about Kuhu & Kaveriapriyam. That's when I rewatched the episodes and started understanding Kuhu's character.

I've seen many people on the forum say that Kuhu had multiple layers and even I feel the same. The way she supported Kunal during all the times shows how understanding & caring she is. I know she had flaws, but that's how people are in real life, aren't theyโ“

Mishti- I can relate to her in many aspects and I'm sure most of the people on this forum also relate to her. Especially the spects,  the taunts she faces by people๐Ÿ˜’. Even her character is realistic.

Initially, I never liked Kuhu and I always wanted to see her reaction once she gets to know that Varsha isn't her mother.. Mostly because of the way she kept taunting Mishti

Slowly, I have realised that there is a backstory to what exactly Mishti feels.. But there's nothing much shown on why Kuhu behaves like that.

Mishti's situation was out and open to everyone. People know about her parents, her trauma and understand her. Yes, there are people who taunt her at each point of life, but she also had her bp and bm to help her understand things๐Ÿค—. Also, she is more than happy for the love she gets from Mahs and feels that she is indebted to them for all the love and care bm & bp have for her

On the other hand, we aren't given much insights on to Kuhu's background. She is good at heart, but when it comes to Mishti, she can't digest the fact that she needs to even be with her. Yes, we know that deep down, these two love each other and whatever they do for eo, they think that it's for family. But it's not. Also, writers didn't explore to dig into her character and show us what triggered such thoughts in her.

For me, there isn't much analysis on her character or rather I should say that the depth of those layers were not handled properly by the writers. Post leap, there was real growth in her character but it completely took a U turn with Nishant's exit.

I have always wanted to see writers explore those layers of hers than tagging her as an immature, jealous, grey or negative one ๐Ÿ˜”

No, I'm not supporting her deeds, all I'm saying is, if handled well, her character would've had better growth. 

But as someone mentioned on the forum, the characters are writers imagination and they can flip the moment they want to.. & we viewers would be scratching our heads to understand these characters 

Well, even after making her do all things out of jealousy or immaturity or whatever u say, instead of abir addressing her issues, it would have been better if Kunal tried to understand her. 

All of us know that he knows the hatred she has for Mishti. All of a sudden, he started liking her for the sake of bhai doesn't mean everything's fine between these two. He should have understood it by the time she asked for mandap. 

I would love to see kunal sit and talk to her.. Ask her why does she want only that mandap and not a new one or why does she want to do puja only at NGO.. Any of those situations, had Kunal started the conversation, their relationship would have been stronger. At least there'll be some growth and not make it stagnant. yes, everyone say, kunal's EQ is 0, so he can't understand things. But there should be some growth in the character isn't it?

Also, It would be good to see brothers working on their respective partner's insecurities than abir doing the whole thing. That would have saved us from the bro jaap may be (or am I expecting too much?)

All in all, I'm not so good at putting my point forth and especially making a long post on this forum is like a nightmare to me. Thanks to all of u and your discussions that made me open up๐Ÿค—

PS: I'm not a fan of any character but I love the story and the concept and that's what keeps me hooked to the show. So please, I'm not biased towards any character and I kept my views as neutral as possible. Apologies if I had hurt anyone unintentionally.

Please do share your views, but not any discussion on Mishti vs Kuhu or fan vs fan; PEACEโœŒ

You cut to the core of the matter and your post is bang on.๐Ÿ˜†

Kuhu could have been the most interesting character if the writers didn't experiment with her on a daily basis.

I started liking Kuhu from the day Kunal served her divorce papers. Kaveri was very convincing in making me relate to Kuhu's pain. And the journey they gave her was beautiful till the end of Nishant track. 

Even without the writers giving us a solid/convincing reason for her abuses to Mishti, I started feeling for that character post leap. Infact, I connected with her more than Mishti post leap. 

The writers took many liberties in making Kuhu go overboard with her words or actions. Somehow that is where I lose connection with her. And then showing us random scenes that Mishku love each other is hard to digest. 

They showed us a girl post leap,  which I want to believe is the original Kuhu they should have potrayed from the start, who had a frenemies bond with Mishti but never blamed her or abused her, who helped her and supported her in hard times, who stood up for her against Abir and even Kunal. 

A girl who accepted that her marriage was unsalvageable, who decided to move on and be independent. 

A girl who tried to balance every relationship in her life, tried to be there for everyone in her life. 

A girl who tried to handle her divorce in such a way that it will be maximum painless for everyone involved.

A girl who was hurt in the hospital and was happy that her family cared to call her was devastated when she felt her pain would always be second priority when it came to Mishti.

From that girl she reverted back to the girl she was preleap. An insecure, jealous and immature girl whose actions doesn't make any sense tbh. Honestly,  my 10 yr old self would connect with her need to hide her mistakes and I connect with her on an episodic basis.......but even my 10 yr old self can't connect with her need to blame Mishti constantly or trying to frame someone else.

Edited by Mimzy - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Mimzy

You cut to the core of the matter and your post is bang on.๐Ÿ˜†

Kuhu could have been the most interesting character if the writers didn't experiment with her on a daily basis.

I started liking Kuhu from the day Kunal served her divorced papers. Kaveri was very convincing in making me relate to Kuhu's pain. And the journey they gave her was beautiful till the end of Nishant track. 

Even without the writers giving us a solid/convincing reason for her abuses to Mishti, I started feeling for that character post leap. Infact, I connected with her more than Mishti post leap. 

The writers took many liberties in making Kuhu go overboard with her words or actions. Somehow that is where I lose connection with her. And then showing us random scenes that Mishku love each other is hard to digest. 

They showed us a girl post leap,  which I want to believe is the original Kuhu they should have potrayed from the start, who had a frenemies bond with Mishti but never blamed her or abused her, who helped her and supported her in hard times, who stood up for her against Abir and even Kunal. 

A girl who accepted that her marriage was unsalvageable, who decided to move on and be independent. 

A girl who tried to balance every relationship in her life, tried to be there for everyone in her life. 

A girl who tried to handle her divorce in such a way that it will be maximum painless for everyone involved.

A girl who was hurt in the hospital and was happy that her family cared to call her was devastated when she felt her pain would always be second priority when it came to Mishti.

From that girl she reverted back to the girl she was preleap. An insecure, jealous and immature girl whose actions doesn't make any sense tbh. Honestly,  my 10 yr old self would connect with her need to hide her mistakes and I connect with her on an episodic basis.......but even my 10 yr old self can't connect with her need to blame Mishti constantly or trying to frame someone else.

@bold are the reasons I like her as well. You just summed up so great! Off late it's been going from bad to worse. Liking a character and then watching it being butchered hurts so bad 

Originally posted by nami2811

@bold are the reasons I like her as well. You just summed up so great! Off late it's been going from bad to worse. Liking a character and then watching it being butchered hurts so bad 

Honestly the way Kuhu is characterised now would have been acceptable for me if it was preleap, where she was constantly at odds with Mishti. And after been served the divorce papers they could have shown the way Kuhu grew up from her I hate Mishti jaap. 

But now from that to this I feel her character went down very badly. They didn't even leave a stone unturned to make her seem very immature. Instead of mandap drama or her blaming mishti for divorce, haar or pills they could have shown how her insecurities started resurfacing subtly when she starts living with Mishti again and how she would have tackled it in light of her new understanding with Mishti post leap.

Now, I dnt want to even say anything. I have been burnt badly by all the characters in the show. 

I have decided to support Meenu as my fav character and abhinal as my fav ship since they are the only constants in the show and as shown by the makers also on a regular basis.

Honestly the way Kuhu is characterised now would have been acceptable for me if it was preleap, where she was constantly at odds with Mishti. And after been served the divorce papers they could have shown the way Kuhu grew up from her I hate Mishti jaap. 

But now from that to this I feel her character went down very badly. They didn't even leave a stone unturned to make her seem very immature. Instead of mandap drama or her blaming mishti for divorce, haar or pills they could have shown how her insecurities started resurfacing subtly when she starts living with Mishti again and how she would have tackled it in light of her new understanding with Mishti post leap.

Now, I dnt want to even say anything. I have been burnt badly by all the characters in the show. 

I have decided to support Meenu as my fav character and abhinal as my fav ship since they are the only constants in the show and as shown by the makers also on a regular basis.

Meenu became sabki favorite ๐Ÿ˜† She is the only constant in the show..

Originally posted by nami2811

Meenu became sabki favorite ๐Ÿ˜† She is the only constant in the show..

Meenu ki charm hi aisa hain ki sab fida ho jaaye

You can also join the club๐Ÿ˜†I know u have a soft corner for her...๐Ÿ˜†....Dnt deny๐Ÿ˜†

Meenu ki charm hi aisa hain ki sab fida ho jaaye

You can also join the club๐Ÿ˜†I know u have a soft corner for her...๐Ÿ˜†....Dnt deny๐Ÿ˜†

Oh no! You caught me *tries to hide behind the wall*

Fine I'm in ๐Ÿ˜† But sometimes she scares me ๐Ÿ˜จ I was terrified in one scene where she blackmails Abir to leave Mishti else she'll expose Kunal's secret ๐Ÿ˜ณ That "Main Meenakshi Rajvansh..." and I'm like ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿ™ˆ