Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: lkd48

The difference between english soaps and indian serials are the characters.. there are multiple stories running at the same time in eastenders, coronation street, hollyaoks...there is not one lead pair that runs the show..In yeh rishta, its getting so so so boring...every few months they show kaira milan..and  naira  is solving everyone's problem...it is just so boring to watch...it makes me wonder how come the actors are not bored yet? There is nothing new for them to explore, no growth for them too? I have now stopped watching this show altogether...it needs to end.

the show is getting the highest trps on Starplus so obviously there are people watching it and enjoying it...so the makers will continue the show ...There are lots of other shows on tv...I’m enjoying a few shows on the colors channel... So as for yrkkh ..if there’s people watching ..then let them enjoy it... everyone has different tastes...there’s lots of people who are just happy to see shivin onscreen whether they have a good story or not,..

lkd48 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indira1211

the show is getting the highest trps on Starplus so obviously there are people watching it and enjoying it...so the makers will continue the show ...There are lots of other shows on tv...I’m enjoying a few shows on the colors channel... So as for yrkkh ..if there’s people watching ..then let them enjoy it... everyone has different tastes...there’s lots of people who are just happy to see shivin onscreen whether they have a good story or not,..

I havenot gone around switching off tv at people's home and i dont have any problem with people watching the show and giving trps. ...its my opinion that show is getting boring so i dont watch it...as simple as that

rose2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I am at a point where I watch some clips and figure out what they are going to show and then I watch the episode in fast forward mode since the clips are way ahead of what is shown in the episode. If I miss an episode or two it doesn't matter as it is going at a snail's pace.

I feel the actor's talents are getting wasted in useless plots and they would be better off pursuing new shows. For me Naira has become an annoying character along with her son. Time for a new story with new leads.Edited by rose2015 - 4 years ago
xNandix thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lkd48

The difference between english soaps and indian serials are the characters.. there are multiple stories running at the same time in eastenders, coronation street, hollyaoks...there is not one lead pair that runs the show..In yeh rishta, its getting so so so boring...every few months they show kaira milan..and  naira  is solving everyone's problem...it is just so boring to watch...it makes me wonder how come the actors are not bored yet? There is nothing new for them to explore, no growth for them too? I have now stopped watching this show altogether...it needs to end.

+1. I’m from the UK and soap operas like Eastenders, Coronation street etc have been running for decades with multiple storylines and characters. Whereas Yeh rishta has always been focused on one family and a particular set of characters. There was only so much they could have shown. Trust me I’m sure the actors are bored 😂 they are just sticking to the show because it earns them their bread and butter. 

Edited by xNandix - 4 years ago
Sense9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

I doubt Star Plus will end it’s highest TRP show. It’ll keep milking it till it can. 

The show has lost it’s essence long back. Now they keep stretching it by either giving Naira an illness and/or Kaira separation and milan.
It’s the cvs fault because they put all focus only on Kaira that the other characters have no development or arcs. And thus the repetition of story lines.

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sammy17

Are you a brit? LOL how long has corrie gone on for? Never watched eastenders or coronation street. Indians complain about a serial being around for 5 years, yet we have soaps like Eastenders that have been around for decades. 

exactly lol...and USA soaps like the bold and the beautiful have been around for over 30 years...and that soap operas main plot is interchangeable husbands aNd wives lol.😂.. but it’s still going strong ..