Neena Gupta: "Why Can't I Be Opposite SRK Or Hrithik Roshan?

Posted: 4 years ago

- Pinkvilla

Neena is one of the boldest and fearless actresses and has been very vocal about her life decisions. She connects with her fans because she’s raw and real and speaks her mind. Talking to Pinkvilla about working with young actors, Neena mentioned that she would want to work with Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan.

Neena said, “Woh nahi ayega. But meri badi iccha hai ke woh daur aa jaye jahan main Hrithik Roshan ke against kaam karu. Against nahi opposite. But why can’t I be opposite Shah Rukh Khan or Hrithik Roshan? I’m not saying Ranbir Kapoor. Main itni bi bewakoof nahi hu. Lekin, they work with actresses who are like 20-25 years younger than them na as heroines.”

Maybe it’s cause your ugly and abrasive 😆😆

Is there or is there something not wrong with her face ? It looks like rat ? That being said opposite srk is not something she should be asking for. Last I heard he ran away from Bollywood in shame and moved to mars 🤣🤣

She should, after all she's almost the same age as SRK. But they are all too chickenshit to try anything different from the convention.

Because there is something called screen age. She made her debut in the early 80s, so her screen age is a lot more than SRK's.

Bollywood men have zero balls to do this. 

Coz you look like hrithik granny

Ye naa ho payega. Coz koi filmmaker (or even the actors) ye risk nahi lega. 

Nothing wrong in what shez saying though. But sadly no producer will go for it.

Edited by togepe30 - 4 years ago

Why am I not surprised at some of these comments. You really think some of these older male actors look young with 20-odd year old actresses? 

The joke is on you. You've been too conditioned to accept conventional norms without questioning. So much that you are unable to accept anything different from it.

People don't like women who speak their mind. Kudos to Neena for being bold and outspoken regardless of how most people are regressive and archaic in their mindset.

I am surprised how some people who call out actors for being paired opposite younger actresses are cheering for her statement. Because it is just another end of the extreme. 

OT: I don't mind nor Hrithik or srk would if there is proper script. 

SRK is too old for her now. Shakal wise.