Posted: 4 years ago

Saw Luka Chuppi again, and the best part about the movie is Kriti. She not only looks beautiful, but acts well too. Kartik was hamming all the way, Kriti saved the movie with her dignified demeanour and subtle histrionic skills. Also in Bareilly Ki Brafi, Kriti was shoulder-to-shoulder with Ayushman and the movie partly worked because of her consummate skill.

Is it her bad luck she debuted around the same time as Alia and got overshadowed thanks to the hysteria around Alia and the plum projects which were offered to her?

IMO Kriti is much more star material than Alia -- she has that unmistakable diva-like aura which an actress should possess. Acting also she's as good as Alia, she just never got the right opportunities to showcase what she's capable of. I'm not saying she' a terrific actress like Kangana, but she's decent, and she has the looks too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px1h_6McybM

you either have IT, or you don't. And this girl doesn't have IT.

Dinesh Vijan is continuosly casting her in content films one after another. 

Kriti is also equally lucky like Alia...just that Kjo's favouritism gets highlighted and Dinesh Vijan's doesnt.

Originally posted by LiveEatLove

Dinesh Vijan is continuosly casting her in content films one after another. 

Kriti is also equally lucky like Alia...just that Kjo's favouritism gets highlighted and Dinesh Vijan's doesnt.

I haven't even heard of this fellow.

Originally posted by RegressiveThug

you either have IT, or you don't. And this girl doesn't have IT.

You mean the X-factor?

Originally posted by mintyblue

I haven't even heard of this fellow.

Exactly my point...it gets brushed under the carpet...he is the owner of Maddock films.

She has started in big films. She was in a film housefull 4( that has made more money than alias movies combined apparently)

So if she doesn’t get the fame or respect despite this it’s only her fault 

She gets most of her roles thanks to Sajid Nadiadwala and Dinesh Vijain.

No, she is boring onscreen and off it. Completely plain.

I dont think she is unlucky she has a sense of credibility to her name. Even with a bad film like Panipat she walked away with all the good reviews which shows her potential. Now she's shooting for Mimi which is a challenging role but she's at a slower pace because she doesn't have someone overlooking her career or pushing for her to be cast in A list projects. If nepotism had not flooded the Hindi film industry (thanks to Kjo) she would have been another Deepika or Anushka as I find her to be very original and real. It's a tough place to crack now because mediocre nepo kids are grabbing the limelight and the best projects. She has alot of potential and star quality which is lacking in alot of the girls in the industry right now. 

bollydastaan

Edited by BollyGlitz - 4 years ago