Barrister Babu

My view on the show..

NamuVyas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Finally caught up with all the episodes of the show till yesterday..

What I liked :

The show has a good plot line.. it has a lot to explore as a topic and the lead casting has been very good..the other characters are casted also well.. the show does grow on u after watching it for a while.. the kid aura is adorable and acts pretty well.. pravisht has a very diff style of acting which kind of hooks u to watching him as well...

What could be better : 

For the start is the pace.. esp the first 2 weeks I felt they dragged a bit and now it seems better.. 

Coming to the characters..

Bondita - I like that the makers have retained her innocence of a 8 year old and not made her OTT oversmart like shows do with their child leads.. they have gone ahead with small nuances of a kid of that age and timeline of the show.. like a kid who still bed wets and ppl in that era would get a kid that age married off .. someone who thinks her mom will be there to take care of her and throws her clothes around.. her character has been made to the point which makes it adorable.. she questions like any child of her age would do.. but what happens is how these are answered and that's what shapes the future of the society.. 

Anirudh - it's good to see that todays ITV shows have started taking interest in shaping their Male lead characters with more importance.. say 10 or 15 years ago TV was ruled with women characters and men were mere present in the show.. but now the Male leads are getting to do so much more.. and its visible more and more in many ITV shows these days where more of riteous men have replaced toxic masculinity.. anirudh has a good layer of being an adult in the show but keeping in mind that he is also not a over matured man.. true to his age..

Coming to the dynamics of anirudh and bondita.. it's a kind of dynamic that ITv hasn't  really explored previously.. here we have a guy of 20 something who himself has just stepped into adulthood and has taken responsibility of a child bride.. their relationship will bring growth in both their characters.. bondita is a kid and ripped off the most important ppl of her life, her parents who are supposed to guide and protect her nurturing years.. forget about taking responsibility of a wife or a bahu.. it's a distant dream for a child that age.. anirudh did what he did with only 1 intention to save a life.. at the moment unsure of what he is going to do from here in life he has taken up a responsibility.. he could do something right or wrong as he isn't that matured to know how to raise or handle a wife who is a kid.. he doesnt have any women in his house to look up to and added to that is losing a girl he truly loves.. anirudh once he gets over his cloud will first have to take place of bonditas parents and then it would move to becoming a mentor or a teacher and becoming a husband would probably be the last thing.. 

There is a shloka about how a woman is to a man.. karyeshu mata.. and most shows have showcased that all the time.. here we have a role reversal where a husband will have to end up playing a lot of roles for his kid wife.. and all this will make anirudh a much matured man and value the reason of his return from London and find meaning in life.. and in turn bondita will draw strength and freedom from this relationship to grow up to be a self respected woman who will help the other women who are burdened under the old traditions and motivate more kids like her to get their questions answered...

Am sure at some point this show will see a leap and when she does grow up, their relationship has husband and wife will shape up beautifully.. unless the channel decides to end the show like they always do abruptly..

Enough of my rant.. thanks for reading πŸ˜³

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Lalz-- thumbnail

Welcome Namuvyas πŸ˜ƒ

Beautifully described in all sense πŸ˜Š

Yeah as you said this show got a good plot.. never seen before in this angle!! And the characters here doing justice and emoting it amazingly as some of us here are getting emotionally attached to the show already!!

And coming to dragging part!! Yes I felt the same as they dragged a day event for 2 weeks literally..but I guess it's needed for the future play to fill the dots their giving rite now!!

Agree with your last paragraph and role reversal!! It's kind of new thing and adorable

Amphitrite thumbnail

Hello dear

Remember me?

B2 Forum

NamuVyas thumbnail

Heyyyy πŸ˜‰... 

Amphitrite thumbnail

Hola

Good to see many B2 fans also hereπŸ˜†

MishtiNew thumbnail

Hey namu!!!πŸ€— welcome here!!!

NamuVyas thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: MishtiNew

Hey namu!!!πŸ€— welcome here!!!

Sab yahin hai πŸ€£.. baaki ko bhi le aao πŸ˜†

MishtiNew thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: NamuVyas

Sab yahin hai πŸ€£.. baaki ko bhi le aao πŸ˜†

Haan, Lao... You call them...

I am ready with Aarti ka thaal...🀣

NamuVyas thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: MishtiNew

Haan, Lao... You call them...

I am ready with Aarti ka thaal...🀣

Abhi sab maatam mana rahe hai wahan πŸ€£.. aa jayenge jaldi .. but no attachment here for me πŸ˜ˆ.. I cant break my heart too many times.. πŸ₯Ί

MishtiNew thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: NamuVyas

Abhi sab maatam mana rahe hai wahan πŸ€£.. aa jayenge jaldi .. but no attachment here for me πŸ˜ˆ.. I cant break my heart too many times.. πŸ₯Ί

Mera toh heart break ho gya hai isliye you can't see me much there... I am not even a silent member there...

Aur sehen karna possible nahi hai mere liye...