Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Katrina to do a item song for Gangubai. Shooting soon - Page 3

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

This content was originally posted by: zara321

Slb is smart, coz alia wont be doing song and dance coz she is playing gangubai he is now getting katrina to do a song which he knows will pull in the crowds, slb knows a entertaining dance number will help the film, I think it's a great idea 

What’s really funny is all those reports last year that she got the SLB movie after showing him her dance in Ghar More Pardisya.  Though that was for Inshallah but still 😆.  I think if SLB wanted he could have made Alia dance too.  Deepika danced as a Rajput queen. And all SlB had to do was cover her midriff.  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

This content was originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Getting Kat for an item number can ensure big hype and buzz for opening weekend.  It also puts Kat in SLB’s good books.  I’m surprised Alia agreed to share credit here should the movie become a hit or at least opens big.  

this is not a meghna gulzar movie where the lead actor is responsible for the success or failure..this is THE SLB..put who ever or none..his brand name..his credibility..sells above any starcast..so even if no kat..alia anyhow was not gona take any credit..no one can in a SLB movie..it is his name above all..and she knew it which is why she has no issues

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

This content was originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

What’s really funny is all those reports last year that she got the SLB movie after showing him her dance in Ghar More Pardisya.  Though that was for Inshallah but still 😆.  I think if SLB wanted he could have made Alia dance too.  Deepika danced as a Rajput queen. And all SlB had to do was cover her midriff.  

i guess slb doesn't think singing and dancing will suit gangubai's character, it depends on how he wants to tell the story, but it looks like the film will have atleast one signature slb dance number with katrina. Will be really interesting to see kat in a song directed by him, slb's songs and thier videos are very memorable 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

This content was originally posted by: cougarTown

this is not a meghna gulzar movie where the lead actor is responsible for the success or failure..this is THE SLB..put who ever or none..his brand name..his credibility..sells above any starcast..so even if no kat..alia anyhow was not gona take any credit..no one can in a SLB movie..it is his name above all..and she knew it which is why she has no issues

Yes and no IMO.  He has definitely built a brand around his own name in a sense that his movies are known as his movies as much as they are known as stars’ movies.  But the stars still get some credit.  I don’t think that DeepVeer’s name didn’t help BM or Padmavat’s numbers and I’m sure I’m not alone.  Guzarish flopped despite having Hrithik and Ash who were coming off of Jodha fame.  

Also PR will play a huge role in how Gangubai’s box office numbers are analyzed.  It will be a battle between Alia’s PR and SLB’s with Deepika and Katrina’s PRs throwing in their own sides depending on how the numbers go.