Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KachraSeth thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: alina.b

Aww thank you! I'm happy that I was able to convey the character's feelings. Despite all the distance and conflicts, they still remain best friends. 

I didn't know you write too! Will we get a Suvan OS/SS/FF any time soon?

Actually I write in Telugu and Tamil predominantly although I'm gonna write a fanfic in the fanfiction section on IF. Right now, I don't have any idea for a SuVan story, but might write in future😊

alina.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: lturlapati

I hope the CV's follow your figment of imagination. So detailed and beautifully etched...

Thanks again for writing this story..

Aww thank you very much! That's very sweet of you! I'm sure the writers of the show will do amazing! I have higher standards for them since EDKV1 was so good! That's why I started watching this show!

Originally posted by: Deos

In love with this ff !! I am a new member of the forum. Please do read my ff on SuVan, KALEIDOSCOPE .

Hi! Welcome to the forum đŸ¤— I just read your FF and left a comment too! I love the concept...it's very unique!

Originally posted by: Pranushka_723

Read all chapters in a go, very beautifully written story and their emotions a well describedsmiley32. Looking forward to the next update.

Hey! Thank you very much! I was hoping to have an update ready by tomorrow but idk if it will happen since it's a lot longer than previous updates. Also, work has been really hectic lately so I've been a little slow this week.

Originally posted by: Vageeshwarics

Actually I write in Telugu and Tamil predominantly although I'm gonna write a fanfic in the fanfiction section on IF. Right now, I don't have any idea for a SuVan story, but might write in futuresmiley1

Omg that's so cool! Lol I only speak two languages and can write in only one đŸ˜’ But I definitely hope to see a story on Suvan from you in the future!

Mahekbhalla4 thumbnail

Waitinggggg eagerlyyyyy for nxt part

alina.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter 6

--- SUMAN’S Point of view ---

Manali made me really emotional as I couldn’t stop thinking about Papa. I wondered what he thought about the sunsets here? Or the frosty hills? As I lay in bed, I started to think about Shravan. Over the years, so much anger and pain had accumulated inside me. I put up a “strong girl” facade and let my emotions harden me. But, Shravan was stronger than the walls that I had built around myself. He broke down those walls and my heart surrendered in front of him. I realized how wrong I was thinking that he had changed and that I meant nothing to him. 

The way he comforted me and was there for me, was proof that he cares so much about me. He still remembers small details like how I burn my fingers by touching hot glass. The truth was, he never stopped caring and nor did I. As we walked back together, I felt all the anger and pain drain out of me and I finally felt like myself again. I felt safe and...happy. I was glad to have my friend back. 

Most of the preparations had already been done in Ladakh when we arrived. The cabins were set up, ammunition had arrived, and tanks were ready. I could tell that this mission was very important to Shravan. The regiments started to unload and set up. Shravan and I hadn’t seen each other all morning since we were both busy with our duties. But, knowing that everything was cordial between us, I felt peaceful and focused.  

As the day progressed, my regiment and I continued setting up. I picked up a heavy box and suddenly felt light-headed and dizzy. Before I knew it, I fell to the ground and everything went black. I woke up to my soldiers sprinkling water on my face. Despite my assurance that I was fine, they insisted that I see an army doctor on site at the clinic.

A tall, pretty girl stood before me in a white coat. She seemed very graceful and delicate. She looked like she could’ve been on the cover of Vogue. I had seen her talking to Shravan when we were in Dehradun. I wonder how they know each other? “Hello, Captain Suman. I am Dr. Naina. Please have a seat. So, what seems to be the problem today?” 

“I lost consciousness when I was unloading a truck but I’m fine now.” 

“Okay follow my finger.” She moved her finger in front of my eyes. “Hmm...okay, let’s check your vitals.”

A young nurse working nearby spoke to Naina. “So, we saw you taking a romantic evening stroll with Major Hottie. You are so lucky! Tell me all the details!”, she giggled and winked. I tightened my jaw as I heard them gush over Shravan. Whenever someone talked about him like this, I got very uncomfortable and agitated.

“Oh, it’s nothing like that! We are just family friends. But, I agree! He’s a good-looking man”, Naina replied shyly and blushed. All the girls in school used to find him attractive too. No matter how much I tried to ignore their sly glances at Shravan, I felt bothered. They only liked him for his appearance and his flirtatious nature. But, I knew a different side of Shravan. I knew his insecurities, his annoying habits, and his predictable punchlines. I knew what scared him, what made him laugh, and what made him emotional. The other girls didn’t know him like I did.

I looked up and my breath got caught as I saw Shravan walk in through the door. I exhaled deeply and felt my skin tingle. “Please breathe normally, Captain.” Dr. Naina said to me as she listened to my lungs with her stethoscope. “Hmm...your lungs sound clear and temperature seems to be in the normal range. Although, your heart rate and blood pressure are elevated according to your current vitals”.

Shravan gave me a small smile from afar and my heart fluttered. He walked over to us and looked at Naina, “I am just going around to check if everything is ready. Are you all set up in the clinic? Do you need anything?” He looked towards me with a worried expression, “Captain Suman, are you okay? Are you not feeling well?” I felt a blush creep up my cheeks.

“She passed out earlier. I think it may have been due to dehydration”, Naina replied as she turned to me. “Here are some tablets, please take them every six hours and drink lots of water”. I took the tablets from her and was heading out but Shravan gently caught my wrist.

I turned around and he asked, “Is everything fine?” The concern on his face was evident as the creases on his forehead accentuated. I nodded and he gave a soft smile as he let go of my hand. “Take care of yourself.” 

I would have fainted again if I looked another second into his dark chocolatey eyes. It was no doubt that Shravan had grown into a handsome man. Even when we were young, I always found him to be somewhat charming. But, I was afraid to wade into the depths of emotions I had hidden for him. Kanchan always believed that I felt more for Shravan than I claimed but I was afraid to risk our friendship.

The next few days were extremely busy as both Shravan and I were absorbed in our duties as the mission was getting closer. We barely saw each other except at briefings, where we would give each other a smile from afar. 

Finally, the day of the mission arrived. Regiments were periodically deployed near rival posts. We had surrounded them in different areas. My regiment was one of the first ones sent. Shravan would be traveling between all the bases to ensure everything was fine. I was worried about him because he was planning on working non-stop whereas we would be alternating with other regiments.

During our shift, we proved to be the most efficient regiment. It was a slap on the face for those who had underestimated our skills. The mission carried on and the sound of gunshots echoed. Bombs and landmines exploded. We held our soldiers in our blood-stained arms giving them hope as they were severely injured. You see the charisma of the army but you don’t see the trauma we go through. 

When our shift was over, I helped a young girl in my regiment into the jeep as she had suffered second degree burns. She weeped in pain as I quickly drove her to the clinic. The clinic was bustling with injured soldiers. I sat with the girl as she received treatment for her burns.

Suddenly, I heard frantic voices as all the nurses rushed towards a room at the end of the hall. It was very crowded and I couldn’t see who it was. One of the nurses ran into our room and hurriedly searched for her tools in a drawer. She nervously uttered to herself, “If something happens to the Major, what will happen to the mission?” My heart dropped and without thinking, I ran down the hall and pushed through the crowd. I kept praying to myself: Please don’t let it be him!

What I feared was true. He was lying there with his hand over his stomach, barely conscious and covered in blood. I ran towards him but someone caught my arm, “Ma’am, you can’t go in there! Authorized personnel only!” I used all my strength and broke free. Nothing could keep me away from my Shravan when he needed me. I reached Shravan and grabbed his arm. His eyes fluttered open and he stuttered my name. Again, someone was trying to take me away but Shravan refused to let go of my arm. “Please, let her stay”, he murmured.

“Hey, look at me. You’re going to be okay. Promise me, you’ll be okay”, I grabbed his face and was sobbing uncontrollably. 

“I’m fine Sumo...don’t worry about me...I’m fine...don’t cry.” He mumbled half-consciously as he tried to wipe the tears off my face. 

I heard the doctors whispering amongst themselves. “He has a bullet wound but we are out of anesthesia.” 

Another doctor shot back, “That is the most crucial drug for surgery. How can we be out of anesthesia already? We need to get the bullet out immediately. Let’s just pray that the bullet didn’t penetrate any organs. Why wasn’t he wearing a vest?”

“We miscalculated how much anesthesia we had. There is more on the way but it will arrive by tomorrow morning. We should wait to do the surgery until then. He won't be able to tolerate the pain! It will be too much for him.”

“Well, we can’t wait till tomorrow. He will get septic and the infection will spread thus risking his life even more. We need to do the procedure now.”

Overhearing the doctors’ conversation, my heart was racing. I kept hoping that this was all just a nightmare. I have never felt so scared in my life. We finally met after all these years and I couldn’t lose him again. 

The doctor walked in and spoke to Shravan, “Major, we are going to have to perform surgery on you but we do not have anesthesia. It is important that we do this procedure as soon as possible. You will be in immense pain but we have no other option. Delaying this will only make your condition worse.” Shravan was so weak that he couldn’t even speak but he nodded in response. 

The doctor turned to me, “We are going to need your help. Keep talking to him so he is distracted from the pain. It will be difficult but it’s the most we can do right now.” The doctor turned to the nurse, “Have the blood transfusion ready. He has already lost a lot of blood.”

The surgeon’s hand was shaking as he brought the forcep close to Shravan’s bullet wound. I couldn’t watch so I focused all my attention onto Shravan. He clasped my hand tightly as the surgeon started pulling the bullet out. They tried to go slow to cause him minimal pain but it was difficult. Shravan let out a grunt and tightened his jaw. He turned his head to the side and bit down on his lip as a tear rolled down. He tried to hold back his cry until he couldn’t anymore. He let out an anguished cry as the pain worsened. 

I started talking to him to divert his mind from the pain, “Hey Shravan, remember how we met?” He looked at me as his breathing stabilized. “You were being chased by army men and you ran into me. Remember?” I tried my best to not cry as I was talking to him.

“Then you started chasing me. I was so terrified of you”, he whispered and let out a soft chuckle.

“Good. Keep talking to him.” The surgeon said to me. 

“Then we met again at the award ceremony and you were trying to hide from me. Remember? We used to get on each other’s nerves all the time! Neither of us realized when we became best friends.” I smiled through my tears. He smiled back and nodded his head. But, suddenly he screamed out in pain again and clutched my hand tightly. 

“It hurts so much, Sumo…”, he cried and bit down on his lip. 

“I know. But you’re so strong...and brave!” I kissed his hand and lay my face next to his. 

I looked into his eyes and they softened as he said, “Nothing will happen to me as long as you’re with me.” I heard a clunk and the surgeon informed me that the bullet was out. Fortunately, the bullet had missed the organs but it was a close call. They proceeded to place in stitches and said that this would be the most painful part. 

“Shravan, hold my hand tight. Okay?” He nodded like an obedient little child. As the surgeon pierced his skin with the sharp needle to close the wound, Shravan let out a tormented scream. I tried to calm him down but suddenly, his breathing got shallow and his eyes rolled back. His body went limp and his eyes closed. I panicked as I screamed at the surgeon, “What happened to him?”. I shook Shravan, “Shravan! Wake up!” 

One of the nurses frantically yelled out, “His sats are dropping! We need to put him on oxygen immediately!” All the nurses and doctors swarmed around Shravan. Someone pulled me away and told me to wait outside the room. 

An older nurse walked out when she saw me crying uncontrollably and tried to console me, “It’s okay. He’s going to be fine. He only lost consciousness because the pain was too much for him to handle. It’s the body’s response to trauma. He won’t even remember the pain when he wakes up.”

One of my Juniors came up to me, “Captain Suman! We need to return to the field for our next shift.” My mind went numb. How could I leave Shravan here and go? 

The nurse squeezed my shoulder, “Beta, go fulfill your duty as a soldier. We are right here with him and I promise we will take good care of him. Be strong...for him.” She gave me a reassuring look as I wiped my tears. 

Our shift was twenty-four hours long and it felt like eternity. I continued fighting and fulfilling my duty as an army officer but the whole time I felt like someone was tugging at my heart. I couldn’t stop thinking about him. Did the surgery conclude without complications? Was he okay now? I kept counting down every hour until I would see him again. I had never felt so anxious before. After a long night of combat, I was informed that our mission was successful and the enemies had retreated from the occupied area. We waited until we received an official order that the enemies had surrendered and then returned our site. 

Finally, I could go see him again. I quickly drove back to the clinic and started looking around for him. I didn’t see him. Where could he be? I frantically looked through all the rooms and fear rose inside my heart. Why isn’t he here? Then, I saw the older nurse I met earlier and ran towards her. “Shravan...is he here? Is he okay? Nothing...bad happened, right?” I asked the nurse as I quivered trying to suppress all the negative thoughts in my head. She saw that I was on the edge of a breakdown and made me sit down. She gently rubbed my back and told me to drink water. I was hyperventilating and trembling. “Please tell me...is he okay?”

“Sweetie, calm down. He’s fine. The surgery was successful and he regained consciousness a couple hours later. Right now, he is resting in his cabin. Go see him!”. She gave me a tender smile and patted my head as I cried in gratitude. The nurse gave me a hug and said, “Dear, true love is hard to find. So, when it’s in front of you, hold on to it tightly and never let go.” I nodded and left to go see Shravan.

I stood outside his door but had second thoughts as it was late at night. What if he was already asleep? He needed rest. I started to walk away but felt anxious. The last twenty-four hours had been so miserable for me and I had to see him. I turned around and knocked at his door. I waited and no one opened so I knocked louder. I hitched my breath as a sleepy Shravan in an army-green tank stood before me. “Suman? Come in! Sorry, I was sleeping. Did you need something?”

I whacked him on his arm. “Shravan! This is Ladakh not Goa! It’s freezing here and you’re walking around in a tank? Are you trying to get sick on purpose?” I brought my hand up to his forehead and realized that his face was hot. “Shravan? Do you have a fever? Maybe we should get a doctor right now!” I was panicking and got confused when Shravan started laughing. He was making me frustrated so I hit his arm again.

“Ow! What was that for? I don’t have a fever. I was sleeping in bed and my blanket was warm. I can’t sleep if I’m too hot so that’s why I wore a tank. But, now I’m definitely awake.” He chuckled as I felt embarrassed. “So, what’s up? It’s kinda late. Did you need something.”

“Umm...yeah...uhh...so the mission was successful! Congrats!” Why didn’t I tell him the real reason I was here? I was worried about him and felt restless without seeing him.

“Oh yeah! I know! Isn’t it great? My junior paged me before the official order was announced. This is the best day ever!” He had a huge smile on his face and I felt like I would melt. This was the first time on this mission that I saw him smile whole-heartedly and he looked like the teenager Shravan again. “Was there anything else you wanted to talk about?” He asked me as he noticed that I was fidgeting with my fingers. 

“Yeah...how are you feeling now? I was a little worried about you.” I replied as my heart fluttered again. 

“I’m fine. It wasn’t that big of a deal. You know stuff like this happens in the army all the time.” I felt annoyed as he spoke so nonchalantly. Not a big deal? They said the bullet barely missed his organs and he could have died but to him it wasn’t a big deal? Does he have any idea how miserable and anxious I was the whole time?

“Not a big deal? Really? You almost died!” I was shaking in fury as he sat there shrugging his shoulders. 

“Suman...you know this happens. When we joined the army, we knew we were risking our lives. It’s not a big deal. You’re overreacting.” 

“Overreacting? Not a big deal? Not a big deal for you! But for me, Shravan? It is a big deal! I thought I was going to lose you! When you lost consciousness...you have no idea what I went through. Those twenty-four hours were the longest hours of my life!” I trembled as I shouted at him. Tears started forming in my eyes and Shravan’s face got serious. I broke down crying and said, “You know what? Maybe I should just leave.” I turned around to go but Shravan caught my arm. 

“Hey...I didn’t know that you would get so upset. But I’m fine now. Don’t worry.” I felt so upset and my tears wouldn’t stop flowing. He just doesn’t understand. I gently pushed him away and turned to leave again. 

He caught my hand again. I looked back and he innocently said, “I’m sorry. Please don’t go. Stay here with me...at least for tonight?” Emotions rushed through me as I lunged towards him and hugged him tightly around his neck. I took him by surprise as he lost his balance and placed his hand on the desk behind him to stabilize himself. I wanted to hold him like this forever.

I deepened the hug until I heard him say ouch and remembered about his wound. I quickly moved back, “Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry! Did I hurt you?” 

He looked up and burst out laughing as he shook his head, “Nah, I’m just messing with you! They wrapped it tightly.” 

“Is everything a joke to you?” I asked him angrily. But this time, he surprised me as he pulled me into a tighter embrace. I felt like he would put back all my broken pieces. We stood there in each other's arms, closer than we’ve ever been before. The room was silent except for our soft breathing and the sound of the rain pattering against the window. 

I felt his heart beating rapidly against my own heart which was racing. His warm breath fanned on my ears down to my neck. I spiraled into a trance. I placed a soft kiss on his neck and he stiffened. I don’t know what overcame me all of a sudden. But now, I wanted to be closer to him than ever before. I placed another soft kiss on his jaw. He let out a little gasp and loosened his hold around my waist. I moved back to see his face. He was looking down with his lips slightly parted. I gently placed two fingers on his chin and lifted his head to look into his eyes. 

As I looked into his eyes, I realized that I didn’t need anything else in the world besides him. I slowly pulled his face close and rested my forehead against his. His breathing got uneven as I looked down at his lips. I gently rubbed his lower lip with my thumb. He closed his eyes and exhaled as I took his lips into mine. An unusual euphoria went through my body as he tenderly kissed me back. His lips were a lot softer than they looked. 

He pulled out the pin from my hair, letting it spill like a waterfall. My hands slipped under his shirt and I traced his abs which were usually hidden by his uniform. He let out a soft moan and I tugged on his shirt to remove it. Suddenly, his eyes widened and he grabbed my hand to stop me. He looked at me apprehensively, “Are you sure you want to do this?” 

I gulped and nodded. I was nervous but it felt so right. Honestly, it felt right because it was him. I took his hand and led him towards the bed. Till now, we were two hearts beating in two bodies but as the night passed in ecstasy, we became one soul. 

The next morning, I woke up with my head resting on his chest. His arms were wrapped around me snugly and he smiled in his sleep. He looked so relaxed as if there was not a single worry in the world. I spent some time just watching him sleep peacefully. I felt so complete with him. I looked at the clock and decided that I should head back to my cabin before anyone found out that I was here all night. I tried to leave the bed but Shravan tightened his hold around me. He pouted in his sleep and creases appeared on his forehead. I loosened his hold carefully, making sure that I didn’t wake him up. I placed a gentle kiss on his forehead and whispered, “I love you so much, Shravan”. I knew he was asleep and couldn’t hear me but I wanted to hear myself saying it outloud and finally accepting my love for him.

----

A/N: Thank you everyone for all the appreciation and for taking the time to read! Sorry, this chapter was super long. It easily could have split into two chapters but I wanted it all to be from Sumo's POV. I hope the medical drama wasn't too much đŸ˜† So, this was the first time I wrote an intimate scene and boy is it uncomfortable writing it in first person lol but I will never write anything mature as I know we have all-ages present here and I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. Please like/comment and let me know what you think! 

Edited by alina.b - 4 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

sash4love thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

WOW Alina another amazing update hun. 👏
I loved it. So well written and the emotions being so well sketched out for us the audience. Your story plot is so interesting. Can’t wait to hear Shravan’s point of view. 

Really liked how Sumo actually accepted the fact that she loves him. â¤ď¸đŸ˜ł
Thanks for updating us today.🤗 since there are no more episodes now this really is a saver.

Tc and stay safe xxx

Sandhirfun thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

OMG I am out of words this was amazing update. I have been waiting to read further in the story keep updating it daily I know I am being very greedy but what to do you write so good and also there are no new episodes coming so this fiction is keeping me company during quarantine lol stay safe and stay healthy and keep updating   

Deos thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Beautifully written !! All the emotions were potrayed perfectly !! Loving it

Mahekbhalla4 thumbnail

U write soo brilliantly and a BIG FAT THUMBS UP..we could actually feel their emotions..we were waiting so impatiently and i must say it was all worth it.

Veenapai thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7

Wow another beautiful update. As we read ,can imagine happening infront of our eyes. Waiting eagerly for the next update. 

Bucky thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Woah that was so good! I could feel the longing through the words👏

The alternating character- POVs is so refreshing. The chapters are progressing like fine wine. Brilliant as always👍🏼

Edited by Bucky - 4 years ago