Four Years Of Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi|Let's Recollect Memories!!!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

29th February, an event occurring once in four years is no common day. Not just because it is a leap year, but also because the Indian Television Industry created history on this very day, four years ago, another leap year: 29th February 2016. Amongst the hoo-hah of criticism of the content that the Indian Television Industry serves, stereotypical of a Saas-Bahu saga, kitchen politics and the unusual panning of the camera on the faces, complimented by thundering filters, loud background scores and a melodrama that ensued; Sony Entertainment Television; commonly known as Sony TV; along with Beyond Dreams Entertainment Productions quietly came forward with a show that assured to display the different colours of love, calling it Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi, with the sub-caption of: Kya paate hain, kya khote hain; jab dil ke faisle bhi dimaag se hote hain... 

Intriguing as any other promos do, what matters is the promise to deliver the content along the lines of entertainment. Surprisingly, there came no promise at all. All the cast told in their interview was, “It’s a very simple story of a mother and son that you can almost relate to, and no matter what, it will leave a smile on your face before going to bed.” the lead actor’s words did leave a bug in the heads of the awaiting viewers, to at least give it a try, and a chance to let them put forward their story. 

With the huge and stellar cast beginning from Supriya Pilgaonkar playing Ishwari Dixit- a loving and devoted mother, Shaheer Sheikh playing Devrath aka Dev Dixit- a multi-layered protagonist who was never short of love, Erica Fernandes playing Sonakshi Bose (later Dixit)- a fiercely independent and a headstrong protagonist, in lead roles, accompanied by Rina Chakraborty playing a loving grandmother-Dadi; Bijoy Bose played by Jagat Rawat- an extremely proud and supportive father; Asha Bose played by Moon Banerjee- a loving, level-headed and sensible mother who was nothing short of a best friend; Shaurabh Bose played by Alpesh Dhakan- a loving yet a lazy lad, who despite every shortcoming never loved life less; Elena Tripathi played by Prerna Panwar- a smart cousin full of life; Baldev Tripathi aka Mamaji played by Mushtaq Khan- a coherent brother cum friend to his sister-Ishwari and a father figure to Dev; Radha Rani aka Mamiji played by Alka Mogha- a nosy, jealous aunt who found almost no fault in her son; Vikram aka Vicky Tripathi played by Vikram Singh- a spoil brat- Dev's cousin; Neha Dixit aka Tanasen played by Cheshtha Bhagat- a bitter, never too happy and underconfident younger sister of Dev; Riya Dixit played by Ankita Bahuguna- a docile, polite and soft spoken younger sister of Dev; Nikki Dixit played by Aashika Bhatia- a mischievous, lively and child sister of Dev, and later by the child cast of Pragyaj Jain, Aaliya Shah and Vidvaan Sharma playing Golu, Suhana and Shubh respectively. 

Don’t all the qualities listed above look relatable? You just look around a family- close and extended, and you will find these innate qualities in some one or the other around you, and as soon as these characters play such roles, there’s a natural smile coming to your face, because not just you know such a person in real life; but also the situations are so darning similar. And this relatability and close to reality in the show makes you and your emotions attached. And why not, we are underfed for such nuances on television. 

Talking about the main three lead characters; there’s this mother Ishwari Dixit. I can swear that every other person will agree that they know one such mother who more or less possesses the good and bad qualities of Ishwari. An extremely devoted mother, who has done nothing but hardships all her life to provide for her four young children, and loved her children to the core of her heart. Yes, she looked biased to her daughters because they might think that she loved her son the most; but the reality is, that the son being the eldest child became the most responsible, hardworking, bread earner of the house who walked hand in hand with his mother to give the privileges to his younger sisters. No doubt, a mother having such a son can never fall short of love for him, and that love can never be depreciated or depleted, but multipliable day after day. And for that mother to share her son with someone is as difficult as for a child to share his favourite toy. I understand humans and toys are incomparable, but the kind of emotions go the same. For a mother who never shared her son’s love, learning to share that love, attention and care with another woman, and be okay with it, is a journey that Ishwar covered. With a lot of rough patches and a bumpy ride indeed, but her equation with her son was one that can leave you teary eyed. 

Dev Dixit, the male protagonist, I can never fall short of words describing him, and can write one whole essay on it. Not because it is a fan-girling moment to witness this once in a lifetime character, but because the character holds such a power that you cannot describe him in a few words. The credit has to be given to the creative team for writing this man! And of course, you cannot fall short of praising Shaheer Sheikh for playing this mind-boggling character. What makes Dev different, you will say? It’s because he is no hero, no superstar, no boyish nuances of gelled hair-hip hugging denims-tight T-shirts-sports bikes, etc-etc. This man walks in a simple pair of trousers and business suits, neatly combed hair, a decent watch on his wrist to keep him on time, taking a back seat in the car, and a flood of memories in his mind that keeps his focus intact, and a goal in life. His goal is not filling his shelf with trophies, and a bank balance to live a luxurious life; but to give a life full of contentment to his mother and sisters. Here you notice, this guy doesn’t want anything for himself, but everything for others... The first colour of love- Selflessness- the first layer that this man showed. And despite being a successful entrepreneur, this man comes home to a waiting mother, because no matter what, he eats his dinner at home; and calls night only when he puts his tired mother to bed and pressed her feet until she sleeps. Honestly, this man is children goals! Even I have inculcated the habit of pressing my mother’s feet from this man, and try my best to keep practicing it... Thank you Dev Dixit- your second colour of love- Devotion. Then this man is crazily in love with a head strong girl, Sonakshi Bose, who travelled her own journey from being his mother’s nutritionist, to his friend, to his lover, until she became his wife and the mother of his children. What not did this unbelievable guy do to get this girl, and portrayed a variety of colours of love, right from being the sacrificing lover, to the desperate and jealous lover, to a lost man, to a resigned man in love, you name it, and this man portrays the colour of love. By the way, his love has hatred in the colour-dictionary too! He hated everything that hindered his love and loved ones; it can be a blackmailing ex-colleague of his mother, it can be a prospective groom for the love of his life, it can be his own brother in law. And hate was another colour of love. Coming towards the culmination of this story this man portrayed hundreds of many more colours ending up with colours of equality, responsibility, dedication, respect and what not being a father of two, sitting back at home, and taking up the responsibilities of his wife... This man truly displays a rainbow of colours of love. But all of them didn’t come to him naturally, but introduced by his lady love. 

Calling Dev as ‘Blue and Grey’ Dixit, Sonakshi Bose can be viewed as the future of feminism in the right sense, a girl who was brought up in her house no less than her brother, had a huge sense of right and wrong, responsibility, sincerity, obedience and strong headedness; that you can never take her for a door mat; yet this girl was totally naïve to the colours of love. Meeting and eventually falling in love with a man who himself knew not more than a few colours in his wardrobe was a colour palate of emotions to her; and together they discovered not just Kuch but, Bohot saare Rang Pyar Ke. This girl gave the valuable lessons of patience without being felt a rag, to work without sacrificing the family, to appreciate the positives in her life, and to be positive enough to have that one ‘prince-charming’ who could convert her boring life into a fairy tale, and also readdress the famous saying of- Behind every successful man stands a woman... She got an army of men behind her success- her husband, her father, her brother. 

If the beauty of these characters weren’t enough the dialogues from the show stole the cake every other day. From the first of many dialogues- “Mujhe 25 saal lag gaye apni maa ko yahan laane mein” when Dev brought Ishwari to “their home”... A simple acceptance of a mother stating- ‘Main toh bas Maa hoon’, From the first encounter-“Chalne ki tameez nahi hai toh ghar pe baithna seekhiyebaat karne ki tameez nahi hai toh chup rehna seekhiye!” to the iconic proposal of the decade- “I love you as a man loves a woman” . From the broken hearts “I promise kuch galat nahi karunga”  “Maine kabhi ye khel khela nahi ke Dev kiska zyada hai, mujhe pata hai ki khelti toh aap hi jeet ti”  to the bubbling love“Main aapko jaanna chahta hoon, jaise kisi ne nahi jaana hoga... I need you for myself.” from calling him Aubhodro to him saying- “Aap hindi mein baat nahi kar saktiAami bengali, aami shudh bangla bolbo—Tumi ekta bokaTumhara mathor kharab—Tumi ekdum inpossible”  to him teasing her “Socho agar main waisa wala pati hota” to “It’s Mrs. Dixit for you!” to a fumbling Sonakshi- “Tumne hot karaya, bade haircut lag rahe ho...” “Main biceps... I mean By chance late ho gayi”... I think I should give dialogues a break... I realize that there’s so end to the iconic and beautiful dialogues of this show... 

Talking last, and certainly not the least, the music, can KRPKAB be done without the beautiful OSTs they have given? Right from the melodious title tracks of Yeh Lamhe Hazaar Se, and Badle se Din Hain, to, Tu Mujh mein mujhse zyada hai, Rang Rahi Hoon Ye Kaise Rang mein, and the heart wrenching tracks of Kismat ke Likhe, Naadaaniyon mein khoye saare rishte, and the rendition of Waqt ne Kiya Kya Haseen Sitam... Kuch Rang has a basket full of melodies; just play the entire playlist, and you are done for the next half an hour! 

To conclude this article, all I can say is, that this magnanimous project couldn’t have been presented so esthetically without the support of an entire army of people behind the scenes, right from the storyline, to screenplay, dialogues, nuances, direction, production, make up(I especially want to thank them for showing some normal looking people) and the entire cast and crew of this iconic show... Thank you for giving us this beautiful project, and not letting us give up on the hope of good content and execution on indian television... And a huge shout-out to the craziest fandom I’ve ever witnessed... KRPKAB Fandom rocks! 

Peace out! 

Posted: 3 years ago

My goodness! This is phenomenal! 👏👏👏

Thank-you soooo much for penning it down!! Gahhhh I love this so much I'm tearing up! ❤️💔❤️

This show is such a roller coaster ride! I absolutely LOVE how you've explained all of the characters! It really is incredibly difficult to put this show into words, because it's not a story, it's an emotion, and emotions can only be felt.😳

AND THE DIALOGUES OMG, I had the widest goofiest grin on my face as I read through each of them, those fumbling words one hayeeeee 🤣❤️

here's more

--

"aap mere liye itnay important ho gaye hain, ke apke ilawa mujhe koi hurt hi nhi kar sakta" ❤️

-- 

"mujhe puppy ki tarha follow karna band kijiye."

"tumne mujhe kuttay ka bacha kaha!?" 

"chee! maine apko doggy ka baby kaha, puppy!" 

"baat toh same hi hai na, english mein kehne se achha nhi ho jata!"

😆 I absolutely love this one hahahah

--

"mere liye meri maa, mere sukh, mere dukh, meri zindagi se bhi badkar hai, tum jao Sonakshi, hame laag ho jana chahiye" 😭

-- 

"tumi?" "Yea! tumi!"⭐️

--

I can go on and on hahah!

I legit listened to the soundtrack compilation a couple days ago, the rush of memories that comes with it is just mindblowingly amazing! ☺️

Once again, thankyou so much for this! Special date for a special show! Really needed to read something as heartwarming as this! ❤️